Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not bad, but not phenomenal

It starts off sort of crappily, with the recorded voices, the English mistakes, and the typical, overdone introduction of a "vision".

However, the game really picks up steam with the battle system. This is definitely what sets the game apart from other MMOs. When you encounter an enemy, you get "warped" to a little battle area, where enemies are arranged in a small grid. Your choice of players and positioning decides how you can damage the enemies.

Although the battles are fun, they aren't inventive enough to keep my intrigued. I find myself doing a lot of repetitive actions and found myself quite confuesd at the beginning of the game (it lacked explanation. Although some information was on the website, tutorials are generally integrated into MMOs). Yes, it was fun, but not worth the 7 GB of hard drive space.

My overall rating is a 7, because the battle system was creative, and the audio was quite pleasant. It mainly loses points on confusion, lack of taking the creativity to the next level, and the amount of resources required to run the game.

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I always wonder why people complain about tutorials in this game.. it's not that complicated, besides there ARE tutorials.. you simply have to do quests and read them =/

• RobotGymnastRobotGymnast Member Posts: 8

Well, when I started, I was thoroughly confused. It told me "go find this person, press this button, and then do this. OR you can right-click to do this here unless this happens".. not quite, but you get the point. I was sitting thoroughly confused about what I was doing. I'm just glad the enemies don't attack back at the beginning.