Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One day I woke up and realized I was a fan of a genre that no longer delivers an enjoyable experienc

124»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

TO OP:

I wasnt on the UO wave but I know a great deal of people who were and it seems to me that a mondern day version of UO would be extreemly successful and I mean exactly the same but updated graphics.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by JGMIII

I can't really explain it.
    I've been playing MMOs since UO, From sandbox to themepark. I've played near everything and enjoyed Most in some way or another.
    I used to look forward to having a bit of free time in the evening to jump on a good old MMO and Adventure and chat it up with my guild. I had all this motivation to level skills or farm Items or rep.
    I don't know where it all went wrong to be honest.
    I thought it was the attraction of single player games being so high tech now but thats not it.
    I log into a MMO now and it seems like i'm just wasting my time by playing a game that promises fun later on, wading through grind or repetitive actions only designed to keep me paying and playing but not delivering anything close to an enjoyable experience.
    12 years of MMOs and now I can't even stand being logged into one of these games more than 10 minutes...... I don't get it.

I am mostly with you. Don't listen to those who say you are burned out. That gives too much fault to you. No, in reality, the fault is (a) MMOs are all copy cats and there is little real new and (b) games got way too lackluster and dumb, stuff like WAR and such.

Even new games don't keep me long. My only real hope for the future are atm games like SWTOR, maybe the Agency (diff. game concept) or DCU. We'll see. But the number of people who have enough of this is rising. It should be an alert signal for those many game dev companies, that copycat games and lackluster design will soon help no more. IMO, Warhammer was the end point, at least for me. It was where I really lost hope, at least for the present time.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert