Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For fans of neocron look at Fallen Earth

Comments

• BuggedOutBuggedOut Member Posts: 63

So far I feel that Fallen Earth is shaping up to be the next best thing. I'd take a populated and well-supported Neocron over it anyday, though!

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171

Given the age of Neocron’s core engine and how much systems are supposed to have moved forward, I can assure you fallen earth will not replace it. I cannot say anything that breaches the nda, but IMHO it just does not have what it takes. Don’t misunderstand, fallen earth t is still playable and fun in a group, but combat is not a patch on Neocron’s system first seen in 2002, nor does it offer anything like the ambiance and atmosphere. Graphically it really is not that much better in play either, aside from a few extra poly’s per model.

I have both installed and cannot bear playing fallen earth for more than twenty minutes or so as it bores me to tears, whereas I keep returning to Neocron time and again, having played it since it was released.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Nothing even comes close to the atmosphere of Neocron.

We need a new cyberpunk / post-apoc game, but no one has the BALLS to make one the right way....and therefore nothing will ever replace Neocron.

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

100% agreed

neocron was great while I played it

even if it was outdated even when it was released

but the potential for this game was immense.  Just a shame that nobody was playing and they never advertised.

• LordxDragonLordxDragon Member Posts: 4

I have to say this and I have the right to say it, I was one of the first to play neocron way back when It was a pain in the as* to play the mission where hard as hell for the new guys hey to this day no matter what game I play I HATE rats lol fighting them with no more then a bloody knife and nothing else neocron had its good side and it bad side but I hate to say it but it is out of date..

I am a big cyberpunk fan that is what got me to play it to start with cause it was the only thing on line that was any thing close to it and I played it for 3 mouths or so and I got no where.

I will be honest I have not played this Neocron 2 cause I will not even try the so called free trial cause I remember what I went though back then and yes it was a pain in the as* to get any thing from them then as well..

The only way for this game to make a come back is for them to go back and revamp it bring it up to date in a lot of ways but I kow that they will not do that so it is going to die and I do hate to see the way that it is going to die..

Over all Neocron is though I have gone over Fallen Earth and it is the one going to be the nest big hit it will cost a little more a mouth but it will be worth it in the long run I do belive

:>

Beware the sleeping Dragon for he still knows all that goes on around him..

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

NC wont be getting revamped, and closest thing to NC is probably Face Of Mankind, but that too is outdated even after a comback. BUt atmosphere was best in NC no game got close to it, it felt like you were really inside the game. Reakktor is working on a new space sim arent they? so NC wont be revamped

• dromidasdromidas Member UncommonPosts: 3

Yeah, NC2 won't be revamped although I guess NC3 isn't a total impossibility.

It's too bad really, Neocron, as you said, had the best atmosphere ever. It truly made you feel like you feel like you were in a post apocalyptic world and it just felt so right. I had a lot of fun in that game, but the lack of players makes it less exciting :(