Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Differentiation

TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

I know this is a short post, but in all honesty, how do you find that you're able to differentiate yourself from another person of the same class?

Everyone uses the same weapon, the gear is pretty random but you generally strive towards the same thing, and there is a lack of talent systems or skill/stat allocation so I'm either incredibly blind or am completely missing the ability to be different than the other people playing the same class as I. I'm talking major differences, not something like sub-classing because that, to me, is technically a specific class. 

Is it basically just Stigma's?

Comments

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

there's the stones, or whatever you call them that you can put into slots in your armor and weapons.........and um, yea.

• VABeachDaveVABeachDave Member Posts: 228

Weapons and armor, stigmas, two types of stones, enchants, titles. Those items all make actual differences stat wise. There are tons of stuff that make your toon LOOK different but no change to stats. All armor and clothing can be changed as in color and such and of course the character customization screen allows for some of the most customized looks for your toons to begin with.

There are also consumables as well, not really customizing but they do make a difference.

Fan sites:
    AION-On-Line.com
    aionicthoughts.wordpress.com/
    www.aionarmory.com/
    www.aionglobal.com/
    www.aionsource.com/
    www.areyouhellbound.com/forum/
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253
    www.onrpg.com/

Official sites:
    www.ncsoft.com/global/
    www.aiononline.com/us/
    eu.aiononline.com/en/

• PatchumzPatchumz Member UncommonPosts: 50

Well, most classes have multiple weapon choices.. And armor looks. Slightly stigmas also. Buy primarily I'd have to go with skill... I love the fact that you can pride yourself in the fact that you play your class better than someone else. Since nosy classes require a certain degree of skill unlike a lot of other mmo's *cough WoW cough*.

• spector75spector75 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Not to mention you can transfer the stats of an item, to a different piece of gear.... the character customization is amazing... and as was said stygmas, mana stones ect... You can look/be as different as you want to be.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

There are around the same ammount of stigmas per class than WAR's skills on their skill trees, the customization is about the same if not more due to the socketable stones, and all of the classes have 2 or 3 weapons to choose from.

• 0guz0guz Member UncommonPosts: 287

for example if you are templar(tank) you can choose to socket HP+ manastones to your gear or you can choose shield defance(block) manastones to socket or if you will play attack based you can choose ciritical hit stones or attack+ stones OR BOTH or Mix ALL :D this is it

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, the game is more customise-able than Lineage 2, but it's nowhere near DDO.

In any case, if Lineage experience is any indication, the group synergies will play a bigger role than the individual customisation.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

your blind 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• HaikenHaiken Member Posts: 81

At the beginning WoW had the same set for every Build for every class, just Check, Tier 0, 1, 2 and 3 sets. These kind of things are not important in the RELEASE of the game, everything will come in time, you just gotta be patience, I am sure that they will add more stygmas and armor sets as the game grows, it took Blizzard 2 years to make this kind of change in Armor sets. Although I must agree that one thing I dont like about Aion is that it lacks of Classes, but I am sure they will add more as the game grows, right now the game have what it needs, Tank, Meelee DPS, Ranged DPS, Casters, Heals and Buffers, Although I dont think they will Add more classes, I think they will add more SUBCLASSES, like they did with L2.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

stigmas are more than you're making them out to be,you only have so many slots for them so you have to pick and choose what you use. wich means you won't have the same exact abilities as some one else of your class. and as others have stated mana stones and gear themselves can change your build quite a bit. like on my templar for exping i try for as much block as i can get because it unlocks 1/2 my attacks after i block. but others may go for crit and dmg for exping, or eww maybe even a 2 hander on a templar.