Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back after a long hiatus

DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41

Heya.

I played UO waaaaay back in the day. I think I played from 97 to late 98 or 99.

I just reactivated my account to try it out again and boy does it bring back memories.

All of my characters are on Atlantic server, which from what I could see seems to be the most active server?

Ive been refiguring things out and visitng all of the runes I still have and have not come across 1 person. Not 1.

Do people still actively play UO? Is Atlantic a well populated server?

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I would say Atlantic is moderately active. There's still decent amounts of people hanging around the big city banks, Trammel of course.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

I also played around the time you did and came back a ltitle over a year ago.

You won't see a lot of people because there is too much LAND. You have Trammel, Felluca, The Second Age lands, Ish, Tok, and Malas (Soon even MORE when they release Stygian Abyss). I mean, really, it's a massive amount of land for  such a small number of people.

You're best bet is to go to Luna, where people tend to congrigate (It's the new Brit bank) and join a guild.

Good luck, and enjoy. :)

• DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41

Ewww...Trammel? So no PvP there?

Where is Luna? I have no clue where that is. I am currently in Felucca, and found 1 person who said there is some PvP around the Yew Moongate and indeed there are a handful of 4-5 people PvP for the sake of PvPing.....

How do I get to Luna and is there PvP there?

I rejoined to spark old memories (which I have) but also to get my thief active again, and my PvP Mage active again. Are these 2 classes still viable?

Thanks!

PS - I used to be in Mystic Knights of Valor guild back in 97-98 if anyone remembers them? Shistosomas the miner? Elrond the Mage? Archimedes the thief?

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

To get to Luna, just go to any Moongate. On the left side of the menu, you'll see Malas, from there, click on Luna. Only Felucca has PvP on any non-Siege Perilous shard.

You can only go there if you have Age of Shadows or better account, or even any of the anniversary editions.

Go to uo.stratics.com, from there, go to the UHALL forum. The Devs read there if you have any account questions, or people who know more about what you need than I do.

Hope this helps.