Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All I want...

Comments

• BioturnBioturn Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Inaya

Originally posted by Stuckov

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Obviously better character customization.
    I want to own my own chocobo this time and they should come in many colors. :D

Lets add to it, why not have mount customization as well this time around on top of owning our own chocobos? 

Would it not be cool to have your mount with gear slots aswell, things like more bags, things that upgrade its speed, obidience, control, color, and any other thing u can think of.   As you cared for and fed your choco you would gain loyalty which raised the speed, obedience, etc.    You could add saddle bags for extra storage but the additional load would make it so your choco required more rest stops, feeding, watering, etc....

Maybe allow players to own their own Chocobo but make it so they have to care for it in real time, and when they log off they will have to place it in a stable for a fee unless they want it to die. Would that not add an interesting concept to the game.   You would still be removing gil from the game by requiring stabling at log out. 

Make owning a chocobo a mission of some type, and not a simple one either.  Keep rentals for those that decided they didn't want to do the mission or bother with caring and stabling.

Ill go even further... make it a profession like a "miner" "farmer" "goldsmith"

make it into "Chocobo Trainer" kind of like crystal farming in FFXI was, you had to care for the flowers make sure u didnt neglect them..So a Chocobo Trainer would raise eggs initially and breed the birds to create different colors/different traits, (speed/handling/stamina etc) You could sell these chocobos to people who then would just do the above things to maintain them. And to make it so the profession did not saturate the market, make the chocobos die off in a month or so +- a few weeks depending how well u cared for it. :P I am really getting to liek this idea hehe

Definitely need to come up with some other way to not saturate the market.  I was with you right up until choco death.  Now I have visions of logging on, going to the stable to pick him up and finding him dead :(

Well, for the whole death thing, they could make it so you would receive some sort of notification that your chocobo is reaching old age, and won't be able to do much for that much longer.

But myself, I would just like to see a mount system with chocobos. Plus, due to the current economy, perhaps a low pay to play thing, or maybe even have a sort of free to play part, and for those whom wish to up their game, they can just pay to upgrade their account, giving them more features, abilities, and when they stop paying, and go back to f2p, their p2p abilities would be disabled.

• carter0327carter0327 Member UncommonPosts: 12

I'm just hoping that the game isnt a remake of FFXI, just with different quests and faces for our characters.

I'd like to see new classes and different classes from FF although I understand there are some basic ones found throughout the FF universe. Somone touched on this before, more choices for character customization. No sitting in one spot grinding mobs would be nice, I couldnt stand that in FFXI. I also want an experience that is SWG(pre everything!)+WoW(1st year)+LOTRO+all the promises of AoC and War with a FF twist to it. I basically want heaven in a box with content updates.  :)

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193

A guild system that levels and creates a feeling of loyalty, linkshells were nice but there was no loyalty there. In games like EQ2 where the guild levels up based on team work and certain quests it brings a lot of comrodere and a feeling of satisfaction that you and your guild did this! It just felt like in FFXI everyone had atleast 3 pearls so rarely was anyone very loyal to one LS.

I would like to see the subjob system go bye bye. It looks good on paper but without limits it got really quite outrageous. Ninja tank?! come on the ninja was never a tank character in any fantasy setting and never should be. A paladin and Warrior should always be the best tanks period! This system made it impossible for me to really enjoy some jobs. As a monk by the time you hit 75 you have leveled more jobs as subs than you have leveled your monk. War as main sub THF for bone party WHM for chi blast SAM as well...the list goes on and i'll not bore you any longer.

Small group content! While i'm not a huge fan of being able to solo the entire game we should be able to put together a small group of 3-4 people and be able to atleast get some pretty decent XP. I think we should be able to solo for a large portion of the game but the xp should be nowhere near the xp a full group would get. Though i'm not sure how FF14s system is going to work considering ive heard that traditional leveling isnt in the game.

Eventually I want to see all of the jobs from FF5. That game had an insane ammount of jobs to choose from and rightfuly so! It made the game amazing and fun. You could play it through 10 different times and have a completely different experience than the last!

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Obviously better character customization.
    I want to own my own chocobo this time and they should come in many colors. :D

Lets add to it, why not have mount customization as well this time around on top of owning our own chocobos? 

Would it not be cool to have your mount with gear slots aswell, things like more bags, things that upgrade its speed, obidience, control, color, and any other thing u can think of.   As you cared for and fed your choco you would gain loyalty which raised the speed, obedience, etc.    You could add saddle bags for extra storage but the additional load would make it so your choco required more rest stops, feeding, watering, etc....

Maybe allow players to own their own Chocobo but make it so they have to care for it in real time, and when they log off they will have to place it in a stable for a fee unless they want it to die. Would that not add an interesting concept to the game.   You would still be removing gil from the game by requiring stabling at log out. 

Make owning a chocobo a mission of some type, and not a simple one either.  Keep rentals for those that decided they didn't want to do the mission or bother with caring and stabling.

Ill go even further... make it a profession like a "miner" "farmer" "goldsmith"

make it into "Chocobo Trainer" kind of like crystal farming in FFXI was, you had to care for the flowers make sure u didnt neglect them..So a Chocobo Trainer would raise eggs initially and breed the birds to create different colors/different traits, (speed/handling/stamina etc) You could sell these chocobos to people who then would just do the above things to maintain them. And to make it so the profession did not saturate the market, make the chocobos die off in a month or so +- a few weeks depending how well u cared for it. :P I am really getting to liek this idea hehe

Definitely need to come up with some other way to not saturate the market.  I was with you right up until choco death.  Now I have visions of logging on, going to the stable to pick him up and finding him dead :(

Yeah that would be a sad sight to see....or be riding it and have it keel over right in the middle of some gobu!

• fossilfiedfossilfied Member Posts: 57

Chocobos dont die

*interupts you*

Chocobos....DONT...die...   *evil scowl*

• StuckovStuckov Member UncommonPosts: 101

Ok ok HOW ABOUT... when its time for you to get a new chocobo and for the game to take yours out of commission you get a msg saying...

"Dear XXXX I am afraid you will need a new Chocobo partner as your dear old friend was taken to a chocobo farm to live out its golden years"

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

was taken to a chocobo farm to live out its golden years"

No no no, that sounds even worse, as if they're going to be worked to death instead of dying near us!

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Khrymson

No no no, that sounds even worse, as if they're going to be worked to death instead of dying near us!

*TaruTaru* /Pulls out Whip and Crackes it agents the Chocobo*

Their Squacks of Pain Feel me With Glee.

lol I feel bad for that.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• andrewclearandrewclear Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami
    Also I want the Mentor and Sidekick From CoH. For the Love of God and all things Holy, Why isent this in all games with Lvls??

They already have this in FFXI, and it's better than the CoH version, imo.  It's called level sync, and, it has changed the way the game is played (not only in parties, but not needing to carry extra gear for level capped battles).

• InayaInaya Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Face it, if we get our very own chocobo there is no way we give them up.  Chocobos do not die.  Chocobos do not get sent off to some farm. 

So lets build on that :)

Originally posted by andrewclear

Also I want the Mentor and Sidekick From CoH. For the Love of God and all things Holy, Why isent this in all games with Lvls??

They already have this in FFXI, and it's better than the CoH version, imo.  It's called level sync, and, it has changed the way the game is played (not only in parties, but not needing to carry extra gear for level capped battles).

Really? Sweet. Need to look into this.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

To be able to make a Dragoon on day 1 with no prerequisits.

• andrewclearandrewclear Member Posts: 40

What is the fun in that?  The advanced quests jobs were fun (well, the dragoon one blew cause of all the traveling), and it also gave you something to look forward to in the middle levels.  All these quest based mmos are pretty dry in the middle levels.  It's usually just the same game from lvl 1 to max level for them.

I'd like the advanced quests, and AF quests to remain.  Also the genkei quests too. 

Also Id like a AFK taxi... Not that biga deal but it would be nice :)

—Samuel Adams

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

Can build up run or chocobo skill to go faster.

Get your own airship.

Kain_Dale

• XhieronXhieron Member UncommonPosts: 132

First.... leave travel alone.  If anything, I would be in favor of spreading it out over more jobs.  A little interdependence is good to maintain the social environment.  Regrettably, while we gain playability by having more content available to soloers, we're also giving up a lot of the forced interaction that caused FFXI's player-base to have so much quality.  So there need to be some constraints on what remains, even if the constraints aren't tied to the fundamental drive of the game (character advancement).  What I would change is to, as others have mentioned, have some kind of proprietary speed increase available to everyone (i.e., chocobos); this, however, should be gated to preserve a lot of the world's danger.  Everybody should remember the Jeuno run.  There's nothing quite like trekking through Passhow on a grossly underpowered character in hopes of finishing that infernal quest.  Good times.  Don't go giving every level three (or whatever the new equivalent will be) character a chocobo.

Secondly, as I already mentioned, there needs to be some kind of interdependency in jobs in the gameplay itself.  While I agree no one should have to wait three hours for a WHM, bringing a WHM along as opposed to leaving him behind should be a no-brainer, as should be the case with any other job available.  In FFXI I decided to level PLD as my main job because I reasoned that it was needed and no one else was going to do it (well, not enough anyway).  I was good at it, and it held stature that I haven't seen replicated in any games without forced grouping.  I don't want to see that go, but I know that in order to have a game friendly to casual players (as I have since become) that role has to decrease.  Rather than see it collapse altogether, though (or worse, collapse for the vast majority of the leveling portion of the game only to resurface at the upper levels and shock the hell out of unprepared soloers, as happens in WOW when people discover one day that you can no longer get new stuff without nine other people and a competent tank), something--I don't know what exactly, but something--should be there to preserve relationships between jobs and, consequently, between the characters that fill them.  [Mastif, live forever, wherever you are.  You were the best Taru WHM a Galka PLD could have asked for, and just a spectacular guy all around; sorry I lost touch.]

Oh, yeah................. and PVP.

Peace and safety.

• NightThingNightThing Member Posts: 19

Also Id like a AFK taxi... Not that biga deal but it would be nice :)

I'm not really fond of taxis. In some cases you're just sat there staring at the screen for 10 minutes. Why not just teleport us straight there so we can use the time doing something more worthwhile? I suppose there are some benefits, gives you the opportunity to make a cup of tea etc... but I still think having the option to teleport straight to where you want to go is better.

I think it would be good if you could upgrade chocobos to  make them run faster etc... but I think if you had to look after them that would be a right pain in the ass and the novelty would soon wear off.

• neKrowneKrow Member UncommonPosts: 170

Would be cool to be able to merit (whatever) your Choco to ludicrous speeds. Where you run by people an newb Choco's and they are like, "wtf was that??!?"

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

I want it to be a game where I can sit in a main city and talk to someone and enjoy, I just want a social game. I'm along in the real world and I just want to talk to people every once in awhile really. So yeah....social options, maybe housing and like guild housing. Or player owned stores, that are actually there. Or just to make it easy a mod-kit that allows us to creat content. I enjoy games that allow me to mod ^.^

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Well FF always has a ton of content so it would seem possible to have more open zones, or a more open world in general. To an extent i enjoy the linear aspects, but i do not love going down specific paths carved in slate tell you to go this way. So I would love to see a more open world approach rather than the, "You are cliffed in from both sides" feel.

I can immagine the epicness of getting lost in valcrum dunes v.2, it's 10 times bigger, and has 10 times the bogie!

• GhostworksGhostworks Member Posts: 20

This guy pretty much says it all in this blog.

This is an example of what I DON'T want. Goddamned Dunes!

What I really want is more concrete info and images of the game.

• xeyvianxeyvian Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Ghostworks

This guy pretty much says it all in this blog.

This is an example of what I DON'T want. Goddamned Dunes!

What I really want is more concrete info and images of the game.

Ahaha. Looks like they got rolled by a bogy ;) Or a suicide goblin bomb. Or in rare occasions the goblin dropping the bomb at the sight of a bogy aggroing.

/Good times

=== Feel the Power of Purr ===
    =^^=

• ArmoredPinoyArmoredPinoy Member UncommonPosts: 22

I can't wait for this game!! >_<

It's gonna be Epic. I gotta say though most FFXI community will migrate to FFXIV 'cuz of it though, so yea. I'm pretty much done with FFXI though anyways. =/

But yea, other than that  this game really has a lot of hype. The environment is gonna be huge as far as graphics go in this game will deliver that hype. xD

• HavenAE2035HavenAE2035 Member Posts: 50

I have a big lists of "All I want" but it's not that demanding.

I want total character customization

I want a massive collection of animated character emotes and sounds.

I *don't* want to look like everyone else at whatever level bracket I'm in.

I want more than just the 5 initial races

I want male Mithras

I want my character to be able to jump

I want, as another poster said, that VERY RARE social experience that I've found lacking in EVERY SINGLE MMO I'VE PLAYED SINCE. I play WoW right now.. and we all know how THOSE PEOPLE are.

I want more than just 1 or 2 jobs that can feasibly heal

I want to still be able to solo at levels past 20 without having to be a (what was it) Beast Master?

I want ALL jobs to be viable at ALL levels. (dead dragoon jobs and burned out thieves at 60 come to mind)

I want a not-so-simplified style of combat

I want more ways to make money than just farming or mindlessly crafting

I want not ALL content to require a group although I loved group play in FFXI

I want some form of PvP.

Finally I want to feel like I'm playing a Final fantasy game. Not just the chocobos and the title but the actual FEEL story, minigames and all of that this time.

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776
    Originally posted by Sortis

I would like to see the subjob system go bye bye. It looks good on paper but without limits it got really quite outrageous. Ninja tank?! come on the ninja was never a tank character in any fantasy setting and never should be. A paladin and Warrior should always be the best tanks period! This system made it impossible for me to really enjoy some jobs. As a monk by the time you hit 75 you have leveled more jobs as subs than you have leveled your monk. War as main sub THF for bone party WHM for chi blast SAM as well...the list goes on and i'll not bore you any longer. 

I'd like to point out that without subjobs even a PLD couldn't tank at early levels because they wouldn't not have anything to be able to spike hate until Flash. ... just saying.