Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New concept art for Guild Wars 2

Dynamo112Dynamo112 Member Posts: 240

There ya go.

Leaves room for some speculation. Is that plant chick a Sylvari? If so the race is shaping up nicely.

Comments

• guildwarzguildwarz Member Posts: 23

SHWING

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

fnuh... a couple of these are cropped and missing a lot of the pic

imageimage

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

I find it tragic that it's been 2 years and all we've been getting is concept art and backstory. It's nice to have something, but actual in-engine screenshots or a teaser or developer interview needs to be released soon. If story was my #1 priority, I'd be playing JRPGs. I'd also be a very sad individual.

• Dynamo112Dynamo112 Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Gennadios

I find it tragic that it's been 2 years and all we've been getting is concept art and backstory. It's nice to have something, but actual in-engine screenshots or a teaser or developer interview needs to be released soon. If story was my #1 priority, I'd be playing JRPGs. I'd also be a very sad individual.

Well with Aion right around the corner i'm expecting some new tidbits to surface come end of summer. Or possibly sooner. Anets head concept art designer (forget his name it's a long asian name) has alot of unseen work he hasnt shown yet. I'm guessing these are just some of his better finished pieces he had to (yes had to) showcase at an e3 art show.

Anet is fully aware of their community being very worried about the state of the game and will probably give us a sizeable update soon, so just hang in there.

By the way..when is this years PAX? Because anet likes to showcase their guild wars stuff there.

EDIT: Found it, PAX will take place sometime in september. About the time Aion is due for launch. WE'LL SEEEE!!   :)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Guidl Wars 2 will be pretty awesome. Hopefully more news is on the way soon.

• MortifagusMortifagus Member Posts: 24

I just wished for concept art, knowing the problem with Ncsoft Aion. Thanks Anet thats all i need to be happy  :)

Also, Regina said earlier this year that they planned on releasing some more information on the game later this year around the time they announced the 2010-2011 delay. So I've got all my money on PAX with possibly a game trailer.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I can't see them releasing GW2 for at LEAST a year after Aion releases in the US. At leasttttttttt a year.  Would be silly to release another MMO (Supposed to not be instance everywhere) so close to Aion and lose subs from one to a free game.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Swanea

I can't see them releasing GW2 for at LEAST a year after Aion releases in the US. At leasttttttttt a year.  Would be silly to release another MMO (Supposed to not be instance everywhere) so close to Aion and lose subs from one to a free game.

I agree with this. I wish it would be sooner but I think it's at least another year away.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I really hope they show at PAX because I think we been kept in th dark long enough. Noone expects them to release today or tomorrow but the fans deserve a little show and tell here. :)

• kevingailykevingaily Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Guidl Wars 2 will be pretty awesome. Hopefully more news is on the way soon.

I concur. I hope the game doesn't get moth-balled. Outside of  Star Wars: TOR, GW 2 is the other biggie I'm really looking out for.  Not hearing anything for so long has been of concern to me.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 got the absolutely best concept art I've ever seen. It's just amazing in every aspect. If I got to choose between in-game screens and concept art I'd choose concept art all day. The only saddening thing is that the game will never look as good as the concept art.

I agree completly. The way I see things are going to unravel is Anet is going to do a small information push this year at PAX with probably concept art maybe a few in game pictures and some class/race details followed shortly by the release of Aion (or vice versa). That leaves them ALLLL year next year in 2010 to get beta setup and show their game at conventions and such for a late 2010 release.

That's my theory.

But either way we WILL be getting something new and exciting this year, and the best place for them to do that is PAX.

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Dynamo112

I agree completly. The way I see things are going to unravel is Anet is going to do a small information push this year at PAX with probably concept art maybe a few in game pictures and some class/race details followed shortly by the release of Aion (or vice versa). That leaves them ALLLL year next year in 2010 to get beta setup and show their game at conventions and such for a late 2010 release.

That's my theory.

But either way we WILL be getting something new and exciting this year, and the best place for them to do that is PAX.

That's my theory also. Personally I'm hoping that Aion fails in the states ASAP. Sooner it's out of the way the sooner I get my hands on the only upcoming game I really have any hope for.

@Godliest

Try vanquishing the northern Kryta areas, particularly on the shoreline (It's really the only reason to be there), also Holdings of Chokhin. These are by far the most visually stunning areas I've ever seen in a game. I've never seen their concept art, but I'd be willing to bet that the renders were far more impressive than the art itself.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Gennadios
    Try vanquishing the northern Kryta areas, particularly on the shoreline (It's really the only reason to be there), also Holdings of Chokhin. These are by far the most visually stunning areas I've ever seen in a game. I've never seen their concept art, but I'd be willing to bet that the renders were far more impressive than the art itself.

I've seen all of them, and while I find some of them, such as the floating fountain in Nightfall, stunning it's still inferior to the concept art. The main reason probably being that the concept art looks so much more fantasy-like: the game will never look like this, it will always look more realistic. Simply put the concept art got a much better feeling than the game does.

• ElmnisterElmnister Member Posts: 17

Great artwork. I really cant wait to see what GW2 is going to look like in game. 

• Computer1337Computer1337 Member Posts: 45

Im excited about the concept art and actual in game graphics.  The graphics in GW was just stunning in itself so my thoughts will be that GW 2 will be even better :)

Currently Playing: MapleStory
    Have Played: RuneScape, Guild Wars, WoW.
    Waiting For: Guild Wars 2