Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speculation: Job System

VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I just thought it was about time for a speculative thread on the new job system for FFXIV. So here are a few questions to throw out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What would you like to see in the new job system?

2. What would you like to not see in the new job system?

3. Out of all FF titles what is your favorite and least favorite incarnation of the job system? If any.

4. Would you prefer an alternative to the job system? If yes, please explain.

Surely I missed something so please feel free to contribute anything else in regards to this discussion.

Links to FF titles using the job system.

Main series

FFIII: finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_III#Gameplay

FFV: finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_V#Gameplay

FFXI: finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI#Gameplay

Other titles

FFT finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics#The_Job_System

FFTA finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance#Job_System

FFTA2 finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_A2:_Grimoire_of_the_Rift#Races_and_Jobs

FFX-2 finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dressphere

Comments

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

1. What would you like to see in the new job system?

A: I would like to see a hybrid of the FFT system. You would pick your primary job and have its proficiencies and what not, but you can mix and match action sets, reactive, and passive sets with other jobs. However I would also like the abilities to be unlocked via a diverse skill tree.

Having a lot of customization within your base job would be great via a skill tree, and then add another layer of customization with mixing and matching parts of other job skill trees would be awesome. That is of course just my opinion.
    2. What would you like to not see in the new job system?

A: one thing I would really like to avoid is FFTA's system of racial specific jobs. There was just so much overlap between the racial jobs it was just stupid. Hume Fighter, Bangaa White Monk, and Moogle Knight all had such similar attacks with slight differences.
    Plus having abunch of restrictions for what job you can be just doesn't feel right for the job system. The job system was always great because you could potentially play every single job with that one character.
    3. Out of all FF titles what is your favorite and least favorite incarnation of the job system? If any.

A: I suppose I somewhat answered that with my first two, but anyways my favorite incarnation of the job system would be hands down Final Fantasy Tactics. It just presented so much customization for your characters, and sometimes there were some seriously OP combinations, but it was fun because of all the options.
    My least favorite would be Tactics Advance for various reasons. I hated how you learned abilities through your items similar to FFIV's system. Plus the racial specific jobs had way too much overlap between each other. In the end you had less unique jobs, and it was a pain to find certain abilities because you lacked the items for it. Or worse you had to use gimped gear just to learn certain abilities.
    4. Would you prefer an alternative to the job system? If yes, please explain.
    Well since I made this thread I suppose I would be bias and say NO I would not prefer an alternative. The job system is the selling point for me personnally.

Keeping my answers seperate to keep OP clean.