Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ha ha ha ... No Elves

esotericsipsesotericsips Member Posts: 6

Saw this trailer on G4 TV after it was mentioned on the Global Agenda official forums. Lol. 

"Marvel at this exclusive trailer for Global Agenda, an impressively deep RPG, which will allow players to create and develop covert agents who can join player-created agencies and work solo or cooperatively to eradicate enemies and best them in a race for technological supremacy."

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696255/Exclusive-Global-Agenda-No-Elves-E3-2009-Trailer.html

Comments

• MakerZaneMakerZane Member Posts: 1

This is an awesome vid!!  WIN imo (as I have said before =D)

vigilance X vengeance

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

great marketing ploy to get the cool kids who think everything is gay to play the game.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Lol! Nice Vid! More plz!

• PeterPorkerPeterPorker Member Posts: 74

Tasteless, dumb, makes absolutely no sense marketing.. they are talking about mages not Elves?? It dont even look like an elf and they problably put a hood on the guy because they are probably scared of being sued?

Game has nothing to do with elves, and that mage would kick his ass anyhow.. A cast bar that does'nt function? Simplicity itself would defeat the recon sniper, who again shows he is unproffesional at his job..

Oh wait you do not like Eves so you love them and this ad? I doubt it.. I think its GA marketing team here tryirng to put one over on you.. God you people are suckers and such pushovers...  How does this coorelate with Elves whatsoever? And why do they even have a problem witih them? Because theyre game doesnt follow suit of what people, like want, and imagine?

They are also targetting Mages, not Elves. This is a complate and utter failure. Again GA marketing team must be making these posts.. It shows, in every thread they are posting everywhere, they post the video, then have 5 more trolls following along with the same quotes.. OMG this is Epic..

Yup, you are right GA marketing spammer... It's an EPIC FAILURE! Just like your game is going to be. This marketing team is the worst I've seen in some time. A marketing ploy to ensure 75% of gamers never look at your title... 

Look at the posts, you can see the GA team has been making accounts here for months, all with no posts coming out of the woodwork, spamming their YouTube links, And other places with this crap..

I hope it gets out to mainstream,  I really do, please promote this everywhere.. I want to see the Elves of the world strike down this pathetic company and laugh watching

All kidding aside,
    Peter Porker

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by PeterPorker
    Tasteless, dumb, makes absolutely no sense marketing.. they are talking about mages not Elves?? It dont even look like an elf and they problably put a hood on the guy because they are probably scared of being sued?
    Game has nothing to do with elves, and that mage would kick his ass anyhow.. A cast bar that does'nt function? Simplicity itself would defeat the recon sniper, who again shows he is unproffesional at his job..
    Oh wait you do not like Eves so you love them and this ad? I doubt it.. I think its GA marketing team here tryirng to put one over on you.. God you people are suckers and such pushovers...  How does this coorelate with Elves whatsoever? And why do they even have a problem witih them? Because theyre game doesnt follow suit of what people, like want, and imagine?
    They are also targetting Mages, not Elves. This is a complate and utter failure. Again GA marketing team must be making these posts.. It shows, in every thread they are posting everywhere, they post the video, then have 5 more trolls following along with the same quotes.. OMG this is Epic..

Yup, you are right GA marketing spammer... It's an EPIC FAILURE! Just like your game is going to be. This marketing team is the worst I've seen in some time. A marketing ploy to ensure 75% of gamers never look at your title... 
    Look at the posts, you can see the GA team has been making accounts here for months, all with no posts coming out of the woodwork, spamming their YouTube links, And other places with this crap..
    I hope it gets out to mainstream,  I really do, please promote this everywhere.. I want to see the Elves of the world strike down this pathetic company and laugh watching

I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you are... wow.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

WOW..just WOW!

Get a clue dude!

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380

This is the reason why I cant wait for Wow to be destroyed and Killed by a game!

It will happen, nothing goes on forever, not falls, not life, not love...ENTROPY CONSUMES EVERYTHING, WE ALL HIT BOTTOM SOONER OR LATER AND WOW WILL HIT BOTTOM.

• PeterPorkerPeterPorker Member Posts: 74

Really, whats funny is I never have played Wow, so I not sure at your angle and disgust.. I dont even like feminine style of elves, I rather be a Dwarf, but whatever I truly am  a human axe warrior in Asherons Call..   

Why is WOW doing so great, because it actually is a game with substance, with an economy that is designed correctly and works, and many challenges and content along the way.

Hopefully Blizzard kills their game themselves with their upcoming new release ( in 10 years).. because itll be good because they know the clues of what makes a game work.. the hard work and coorelation, of what makes the economy, what drives the characters, what inspires the lore readers, and what fuels the game.

All kidding aside,
    Peter Porker

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

<Mod Edit>

I was gonna reply to this but , there is no way to put it, its simply too dumb, how can someone takes this so serious, no wonder the world is in such decay.

The video was really fun, a really nice twist for advertising.

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236

-snip-

Troll fail.

• M_VexM_Vex Member Posts: 67

Hilarious.

Both the video AND this thread.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Least he keeps it entertaining.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395
    <Mod Edit>

OH MY GOD! I think he is a Elf!!! We are sorry little Elf!  You are right, this is racism! Elves of the World  we have to be united to cleanse the World of the Elves haters!!

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

Really, whats funny is I never have played Wow, so I not sure at your angle and disgust.. I dont even like feminine style of elves, I rather be a Dwarf, but whatever I truly am  a human axe warrior in Asherons Call..   
    Why is WOW doing so great, because it actually is a game with substance, with an economy that is designed correctly and works, and many challenges and content along the way.
    Hopefully Blizzard kills their game themselves with their upcoming new release ( in 10 years).. because itll be good because they know the clues of what makes a game work.. the hard work and coorelation, of what makes the economy, what drives the characters, what inspires the lore readers, and what fuels the game.

Dude just shut up!

Every thing needs a break now and then and in all honesty...I think a lot of ppl are pretty sick and tired of MMOs or any game for that matter even so far as movies with elves, orcs, or any of that fantasy kum-bah-yah bullcrap in it.

It's been played out and done to death.....

• EthrasimeEthrasime Member Posts: 11

TLDR Ranting

I laughed.

Then I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Alliance guide to Hallowed be Thy Name:
    http://wow.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=7306

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

Tasteless, dumb, makes absolutely no sense marketing.. they are talking about mages not Elves??

They talking about a Elf Mage, Troll!

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

I guess some people arent born with a sense of humor. Sad really.

• blackwingDKblackwingDK Member Posts: 72

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

No Elves

And no blood !

• vinzonevinzone Member UncommonPosts: 255

Sweet no Elves, count me in baby!

Funny ad I'll have to keep an eye on this game.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I'm not sure "at your angle and disgust" either. The vast majority of MMOs out there are fantasy-based, with elves being the lynchpin of the fantasy genre. I'm not sure how it is now in WoW, but for a while there were more Night Elf hunters than all the Horde combined on some servers. There's been a growing clamor for a really good sci-fi MMO that's not EVE. Global Agenda is obviously aiming for this crowd. For that reason alone, it's smart marketing.

Why is WOW doing so great, because it actually is a game with substance, with an economy that is designed correctly and works, and many challenges and content along the way.Hopefully Blizzard kills their game themselves with their upcoming new release ( in 10 years).. because itll be good because they know the clues of what makes a game work.. the hard work and coorelation, of what makes the economy, what drives the characters, what inspires the lore readers, and what fuels the game.

Without a doubt, the only WoW-killer will be the next big Blizzard MMO (sorry SW:TOR fans), and even then it'll take a while. And you're right, an MMO needs all those factors to work well and attract loyal fans. That said, fantasy MMOs are a dime-a-dozen now. Most of them suck. The first really good sci-fi MMO that comes along will attract a HUGE following. Maybe not WoW numbers, but it'll be a smashing success.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380

The Elf in the Video was a WoW elf, then we have this idiot poster with a WoW banner and a trumpet coming in here trashing it. 2+2=4

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• deadsk1nmaskdeadsk1nmask Member Posts: 17

I thought it was funny as hell and made me want to play the game even more >_>