Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age Origins. Looks like a awesome game!

Its being made by bioware all tho it isnt MMO there going to allow you to make ur own worlds as hand on as you could in NWN1 item customizing the works and the graphics are millions times better check it out.

Dragon Age

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
TheVindicators.com

Comments

• calmyroncalmyron Member Posts: 46

Originally I thought this would be the natural successor to their Neverwinter Nights game, but I believe I read that although you can create worlds for people to play in, it's not going to be available for online play like Neverwinter Nights. If that's the case, it would be a major disappointment for me.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

1. Its not sucessor of NWN , its sucessor of Baldurs Gate

2. You will be able to make modules - but the game will be strictly single player

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Looks like an excellent single player game. Been lookin forward to its release for a while now. One of the few games I will be purchasing this year.

• TormDKTormDK Member UncommonPosts: 101

I'm really looking forward to Dragon Age Origins. Even if it is single player only it's a brand new Bioware IP, so they can give us the stories they want, rather than what Hasbro limits them to. 

Even though I don't play the "evil" side in CRPG's I'm hoping Bioware will give the people that enjoy that path the full deal, instead of the usual nurtured edition.

A dev stated some 80 hours for a casual run through. With so many origin stories to see and experience I think I'll need a good few months long vacation to get the time to play through them all before Mass Effect 2 hits the streets :P

• calmyroncalmyron Member Posts: 46

That's it, modules. Such a shame.

While I believe BioWare could have made this playable over a network and the internet, it's most likely they decided against this in planning so it would not compete with their upcoming MMO. Now, I realize that DragonAge and their Old Republic games are different genres, but when you only have so much time to be online to play... it's still competing with yourself.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

This is one of the game on my Radar.

Looking forward to this one big time.

I don't care if its single player only.

With the mod community making module after module this game will have infinit replay value.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The game is going to be awesome just like Mass Effect 2 will be.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by TormDK

I'm really looking forward to Dragon Age Origins. Even if it is single player only it's a brand new Bioware IP, so they can give us the stories they want, rather than what Hasbro limits them to. 
    Even though I don't play the "evil" side in CRPG's I'm hoping Bioware will give the people that enjoy that path the full deal, instead of the usual nurtured edition.
    A dev stated some 80 hours for a casual run through. With so many origin stories to see and experience I think I'll need a good few months long vacation to get the time to play through them all before Mass Effect 2 hits the streets :P

I'm not sure bioware does "evil" well.

They either make the "evil" dialogue rude, that is to say it's just abrasive responses, or it goes overboard at the wrong times.

Such as Neverwinter Nights 2.

You are tasked with rounding up the town militia to protect the town from this unknown invasion. So the evil option has you slitting their throats.

Now, that IS evil but I ask "why"?

If there was a reason you would be slitting their throats then sure. But the way it plays out is that you ask them and hey give you a response and you can slit their throats. Just to do it to do it.

That might be evil but it's not really more than being an out of control psycho path. while that can be evil I would like them to have the choices make sense and the dialogue to be something more than being abrasive for the sake of being abrasive.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

Looking forward to this myself, should be a goodie :)

• hades302hades302 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by TormDK

I'm not sure bioware does "evil" well.

They either make the "evil" dialogue rude, that is to say it's just abrasive responses, or it goes overboard at the wrong times.

Such as Neverwinter Nights 2.

You are tasked with rounding up the town militia to protect the town from this unknown invasion. So the evil option has you slitting their throats.

Now, that IS evil but I ask "why"?

If there was a reason you would be slitting their throats then sure. But the way it plays out is that you ask them and hey give you a response and you can slit their throats. Just to do it to do it.

That might be evil but it's not really more than being an out of control psycho path. while that can be evil I would like them to have the choices make sense and the dialogue to be something more than being abrasive for the sake of being abrasive.

Neverwinter Nights 2 was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, not by Bioware. 

Really looking forward to Dragon Age, such a shame EA pushed off the PC release though.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223

but again people could make a multiplayer mod like they are for Fallout 3 and oblivion.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com