Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: TOR TRAILER! Watch it NOW!

Comments

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by stillkillin

Originally posted by Scalebane

Originally posted by tillamook

can anyone say bioware failed? i guess i will bioware failed
    tor looked boring and stupid it looked like a sci-fi world of warcraft rather then what it should be a star wars game
    and it's still class based and oh yay i can hear npcs talking lame
    i have a better idea bioware why don't you give us gamers what we really want with tor that being 32+ professions that can be mixed and matched an open world with lots of player crafting and pvp battlefields
    oh wait i believe that is swg pre-cu the game everyone wants back

We had SWG, it was good times and now it's done, most of us have moved on, now we have TOR.

You want pre-cu? Go play the F'n emu, or if you want sandbox go play Second life and stop complaing about a game you don't like. Nothing is holding you back.

you don't get it do you

us swg vets lost our game cuz $OE wanted to try and make wow in space we told them it would fail and it failed and now we are owed a star wars mmo game and bioware stepped up to the plate and rather then do what us real gamers want bioware is trying to do wow in space 2.0

every gamer should be demanding bioware return the pre-cu to gamers everwhere

sorry dude, your battle is with SOE, not Bioware.   Bioware doesn't owe anyone anything except a hopefully good game.

Seriously man, They are making their vision of Star Wars, accept it or find something else.

no i wont and me and 250k of my friends won't

bioware will give us a pre-cu tor or well you have seen what 250k of us did to swg and $OE

LOL!

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

tor looked boring and stupid it looked like a sci-fi world of warcraft rather then what it should be a star wars game
    i have a better idea bioware why don't you give us gamers what we really want with tor that being 32+ professions that can be mixed and matched an open world with lots of player crafting and pvp battlefields

We had SWG, it was good times and now it's done, most of us have moved on, now we have TOR.

You want pre-cu? Go play the F'n emu, or if you want sandbox go play Second life and stop complaing about a game you don't like. Nothing is holding you back.

you don't get it do you

us swg vets lost our game cuz $OE wanted to try and make wow in space we told them it would fail and it failed and now we are owed a star wars mmo game and bioware stepped up to the plate and rather then do what us real gamers want bioware is trying to do wow in space 2.0

sorry dude, your battle is with SOE, not Bioware.   Bioware doesn't owe anyone anything except a hopefully good game.

Seriously man, They are making their vision of Star Wars, accept it or find something else.

bioware will give us a pre-cu tor or well you have seen what 250k of us did to swg and $OE

LMFAO. Are you serious? what rock you been under? hahahahahahahahahahahaha. There are maybe like 50 who actually give a crap, soon you will see that I'm correct. What server you play on in SWG? I'll prove it, you are in the minority now.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

you don't get it do you

when where you elected as official spokes person of the past players of swg pre-cu?

you are only one of the few bitter players who just wont move on....its only you and a few others.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

Wednesday. ;) 

From what I hear, about three hours worth of gameplay will be shown. Hope that is correct.

Actually, it's going to be a half hour presentation taken from what is supposedly a two-hour chunk of gameplay.

So Wednesday you're going to see a two hour instance/flashpoint from the game condensed into about a half hour.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812
    Originally posted by darquenblade

Wednesday. ;) 

From what I hear, about three hours worth of gameplay will be shown. Hope that is correct.

Actually, it's going to be a half hour presentation taken from what is supposedly a two-hour chunk of gameplay.

So Wednesday you're going to see a two hour instance/flashpoint from the game condensed into about a half hour.

That's what I meant with 2-3 hour "worth". Bleh, should have worded that better. My mistake, sorry. :)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Alright dude now you're not only trolling, you're making a giant douche of yourself so congrats and good luck with your neverending QQuest

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

you don't get it do you

Someone please make him stop.  I'm laughing so hard my ribs hurt.  Sorry to say you, don't even register as a fly on the window.  Of the 18 wheel truck called Bioware.  250,000 frends? LOL right.

Back on topic.  The trailer was nice, but as plenty people have said before.  There are other games that had nice trailers to.  I have alot of faith in Bioware.  Even if SW:TOR isn't a great game, I know at the very least it will be a good game.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• segynsegyn Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Distaste

The whole announcement was MEH for me. Whoopie! Voice overs for the D students that got pushed through high school. Unlike them I can read!
    MMO's are either good or bad based on the systems behind them, not their sound effects. I generally turn off most of the sound ingame to talk on vent, listen to music, listen/half watch TV.
    The trailer was awesome though but you CANNOT judge a game on a cinematic. Give me gameplay footage and systems explanations and then we are talking.

The gameplay is coming on wednesday this was just for the EA press conference so you will see your gamplay in a couple days. I can't wait the trailer was awesome.

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by darquenblade

Wednesday. ;) 

That's what I meant with 2-3 hour "worth". Bleh, should have worded that better. My mistake, sorry. :)

No problem, man. Just clarifyin' :)

let swg pre cu die already it isn't coming back. This is a new starwars game was never meant t obe a swg 2 so stop with the I want swg back why can't Tor be like that. Nobody want's that except the 50k subs that swg had when it got turned into what it is today. 

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Yeah man you guys are so hardcore that you shut SoE and SWG down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.... Wait.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314

I was much more impressed by Darkfall's Alpha video than this cinematic hogwash.

I cant believe so many of you themeparkers believe "omg this game will be awesome" from a CGI movie, just boggles my mind.

Show me CGI as an intro and the rest (90%) ingame footage, running around, fighting, PVE whatever. That will impress me...

Notice I didnt say the game sucks, it will be good probably although not my flavor (FFA PVP). But i'm just amused from the praises you guys throw around "omg this is best EVA omgomgomg!!!" from watching CGI.

Perhaps i'm just insane, lost my edge prolly thinking that....

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Can tell this game will be fun.

Which is all that matters in the end!

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

Originally posted by dark-merlin

I was much more impressed by Darkfall's Alpha video than this cinematic hogwash.

I cant believe so many of you themeparkers believe "omg this game will be awesome" from a CGI movie, just boggles my mind.

Show me CGI as an intro and the rest (90%) ingame footage, running around, fighting, PVE whatever. That will impress me...

Notice I didnt say the game sucks, it will be good probably although not my flavor (FFA PVP). But i'm just amused from the praises you guys throw around "omg this is best EVA omgomgomg!!!" from watching CGI.

I have seen in game footage and read everything i can find on the game that is why i think the game will be awesome. But that dosen't take away that the cgi trailer was great.

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

The gameplay footage will be shown on Wed. I think they have like 20 or 30 minutes of it. So even though i think this cinamatic was very nice, i am still wanting to see the real deal as well. In my opinion, i think we will all be very pleasantly surprised and pleased.

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Thing I liked best about the video was watching the mandalorian chick kick ass. Reason? Further supports my theory mandalorians WILL be a playable class. If so, i'm preordering CE.

• SathonysSathonys Member Posts: 58

can someone get me a towel !!!

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

CGI is CGI. Everyone here is aware that this gives no hint towards gameplay or graphics or anything of the like. 

That doesn't make it any less enjoyable. Even moreso when you take into account that it shows the commitment of the folks at BioWare, because the video -was- pretty awesome.

The gameplay, as somebody else already said, will be shown on wednesday and that will have an entirely different discussion. 

But sheesh. What's wrong with enjoying a perfectly well made cinematic and a pretty awesome presentation?

• TheGrim55TheGrim55 Member Posts: 5

Just Amazing. WoW killer is here?

Cease And Repent.

Originally posted by TheGrim55

Sayings like that are just retarted. No game is going to be a wow killer. I don't like wow and don't understand why it is so popular but no game is going to kill it. WoW is the walmart of department stores. SWtor may be a target but it isn't going to kill walmart. 

• OH

MY

GOD

ARE

YOU

SERIOUS

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by cyberace66

Looks like a great single player game, MMO not. Should just port it to the X-Box and let the kiddies have it.

This is not going to be a single player MMO, if you watched the E3 presentation i think they should have cleared that up for you.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by TheGrim55

LOL!

You watch a pre-calculated cinematic with ZERO in game footage, you know quite nothing about core mechanics of the game and you come with this statement? Funny.

You might want to read 1 post above you : singsofdeath

• CrazyIvanovCrazyIvanov Member Posts: 21

Most of what I have seen was people complimenting BioWare on the Trailer, some have claimed the game will be amazing after watching the trailer (which is common with any MMO to release a CGI trailer *Cough* WAR, AoC).  Also the information that was given probably caused more belief the game will be simply amazing. Fully voiced being a major one.

As for your remark about Darkfall alpha being more impressive.  Thats rather silly considering there website remains the same, it shows no dedication toward there own game. Whether you think so or not, seeing 20 or so people and 2 representatives/devs whatever they are, dressed up as jedi just to for a preview of there trailer shows a lot of dedication towards this project in my eyes.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Awesome trailer!