Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For Some PC RPGs, Not Turn-Based...!

2»

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by mlauzon

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

Originally posted by cukimunga

The Witcher is pretty sweet.Its more like an action rpg but its fun.

But the game im really looking forward to is Dragon Age....... If I'm playing an MMO at that time I'll probobly be taking a break for a while.

I plan on getting The Witcher, I read the book The Last Wish which is more or less what the game is based on...however I am trying to get the uncut version of the game.

I want to play Dragon Age, unfortunately we've still got a while before it comes out.

There's an uncut version? I got the Enhanced Edition (if you're gonna get it, get the Enhanced Edition). Good game. There were some uncensored files you could download from the forums, if that's what you meant.

It's the Enhanced Edition, but an Imported version which is uncut.

The only cut version was the German version. I have both the U.S. and U.K. versions, both the same uncut.

And how is KotOR a turn-based rpg? Because I'm actually replaying it right now, and there is nothing turn-based about it.

As soon as you leave the room in the ship, you come up on your first battle, you must choose which mob to attack using some menu choices, therefore it's turn-based.

If it was just go and fight them without having to choose then it wouldn't be turn-based.

So in other words, you have no clue what turn-based really means.

And here's an idea. Try turning the "pause" feature off.

Seeing as how I've been playing video games far longer than you've been alive, I've got more idea what turn-based is than you do!

I'm 36, pal. If you believe profiles on forums, then I suppose my name really is "Ain't Sayin"". lol

And no, you apparently don't know what turn-based is when you are declaring a non-turn-based game as being such. You want examples of  turn based? Go play a Final Fantasy game or a strategy game.

Turn-based means you take an action, then your opponent takes an action. In other words, turn-based involves turns. lol

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by jybgess

KotOR is 100% a Turn base game.

Is it really? funny how I just keep going from enemy to enemy, without slowing down or having to wait my turn.

Seriously, do you guys ever open the options menu in games? KotOR is not turn-based, you simply have the "pause action" option turned on, which still doesn't make it turn-based it just makes it simple for n00b players.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• RyukeRyuke Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by jybgess

KotOR is 100% a Turn base game.

Is it really? funny how I just keep going from enemy to enemy, without slowing down or having to wait my turn.

Seriously, do you guys ever open the options menu in games? KotOR is not turn-based, you simply have the "pause action" option turned on, which still doesn't make it turn-based it just makes it simple for n00b players.

Turn based is not determined by if there are "pauses" for you to make choices. So that point is totally irrelevant.

KOTOR, however, IS 100% turn based. Behind the scenes a dice is rolled, attacks are timed, you and you opponent take turns attacking even if there is no pause, it's just all number crunched behind the scenes. The combat system is even described in the game as turn based, complete with dice rolls etc.

• BjornulveBjornulve Member Posts: 55

Does anyone know of any RPGs for the PC, must not be turn-based..?!

You may want to try Ryzom (formerly The Saga of Ryzom) It's a RPG game which also has a strong RP community. You can solo, group fight, or even join a guild for large PvP or GvG action.

This is not a turn-based game. In fact many would call it "sand-box" rather than linear.

I've heard mixed things regarding Vista. Some people have had little to no trouble getting the game to work with Vista, and other simply gave up trying. The point is, that the game DOES work with Vista, but you may need to look on Ryzom forums for installation instructions.

Judging from the games you liked/ didn't like, I would suggest giving this game a try. there is a 21free trial with unlimited access I believe, and after that a P2P monthly subscription. You can also buy game-cards if that is your thing.

http://www.ryzom.com/en/

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Ryzom is a MMO, I've got enough MMOs to play right now...I am looking for something sandboxed & single player.

--
    Michael

• FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303

The game is older, and I'm not sure it runs well (or at all) on Vista, but I put a ridiculous number of hours into Sacred

and the expansion Underworld. It's definitely not turn-based and is highly addicting.

Sacred 2 is newer and runs fine in Vista, but I just couldn't get into it. It is considered a very good game though.

Both are more action-RPG aka Diablo.

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

I've played Sacred and the expansion, played the demo for Sacred 2...didn't impress me much.

--
    Michael

• BjornulveBjornulve Member Posts: 55

hmmm. There hasn't really been a decent single player RPG made in the last 15 years. I still play them when I'm between mmo's but honestly, there isn't one that I would recommend. I can hardly even remember any of the titles, there are so many and they are all forgetable. Good luck.

• NecroHeliumNecroHelium Member Posts: 175

Try Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.  It's graphics are a little old, not too bad but a little, but the game is crazy fun.  Has dialogue options like Mass Effect, Oblivion, etc. when you talk to people.  You actually play as a vampire.  Only like $10 dollars on Direct2Drive.com and well worth it.

• cesogcesog Member Posts: 67

Mount and Blade.

Hours of hours of content, hundreds of mods.

GREAT rpg. And it is fairly cheap

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다