Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie here

I am downloading the free trial for this game, and will probably end up buying it for $9.99 on Turbine's website.  Can anyone please recommend a good server that is popular, or newb friendly?  I am coming into this game with no friends, so I will be looking for people to play with.  I live on the East Coast and looking for players in that time zone, if that matters like it did in WoW.

Thanks!

Regal

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Hey, Elendilmir has a great population and has quite a helpful community.  It's where I currently play.  Got back into the game a few weeks ago starting over completely and things have been great.

Hope you enjoy the game

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Well there are only like 12 servers, so not much to worry about. Turbine will recommend a less populated server to you, which might have more low level players, if they are taking the recommendation. I have tried several servers and never had a problem with population. I play on Meneldor now, cause I lucked into a kinship, i.e."guild" I like.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

I am on one of the less populated servers and have been running around the teen and low 20's areas a lot and noticed a lot of activity so I think pretty much any server you choose will work. Browse the official  forums to find a good kinship, I recommend trying two or three before committing,  I hope you enjoy the game.

I miss DAoC

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Brandywine is the most populated server.  You can see where the servers fall out here.  None of the servers are doing badly, I play on the third least popular server and it's still pretty packed out at primetime and on the weekends.  However, if you play at odd hours and enjoy PuGs, Brandywine or Landroval would be your best bets.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Anyway to check the EU server populations like that? Im thinking of hopping to Brandywine from EU because I play late nights and mornings in EU which is pretty empty in this time zone but prime in NA

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by shakermaker0

Anyway to check the EU server populations like that? Im thinking of hopping to Brandywine from EU because I play late nights and mornings in EU which is pretty empty in this time zone but prime in NA

You cannot hop from an EU server to a US one. You need a new subscription, have to buy the game again, and start fresh.

They are managed by 2 dfiferent companies.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• AphamApham Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Hey, Elendilmir has a great population and has quite a helpful community.  It's where I currently play.  Got back into the game a few weeks ago starting over completely and things have been great.
    Hope you enjoy the game

^^^ I also play on Elendilmir with my younger brother. Even though this is the designated Oceanic server there seems to be an enormous amount of North American and European players.

I started off on a less populated server, gladden and well just did not like the quiet. Elendilmir doesn't really have this problem.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Yeah, I think that's what I really love about that server is no matter the time of day there always seems to be a decent amount of people around.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    Originally posted by Yeebo

Brandywine is the most populated server.  You can see where the servers fall out here.  None of the servers are doing badly, I play on the third least popular server and it's still pretty packed out at primetime and on the weekends.  However, if you play at odd hours and enjoy PuGs, Brandywine or Landroval would be your best bets.

Um, no. I play on Landroval and at odd hours, it's pretty much totally dead.

I would suggest Elendilmir in that case, it has a lot of oceanic players.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there