Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a "open" Mmo

VolstagVolstag Member Posts: 25

Hello, Im looking for an Mmo that has a:

1. Open world

2. A good open class/game system that lets you do really whatever you want. Some place where you dont have to just fight all the time. I suppose something like UO but i believe i may be a bit late for Uo. I noticed that it seemed to be well not in its prime. so what i want is essentially a sort of sandbox like game like UO.

3. i also want some sort of relativly large playerbase or a smaller yet devouted fanbase either is fine so i could easily get into a guild.

4. F2p or P2p for the moment niether matters.

5. Combat can be typical WoW like.

6. Pvp isn't on my most wanted feature list but if the MMO had one i would prefer a more open PvP system

7. I'd kinda prefer fantasy but i can live with scifi.

8. I want this to be fairly intersting. So a good story would be great. Also I want this to keep my attention. If i get to the end, I would prefer some sort of raids and other stuff.

9. Some solo Quests and group quests

I played Wow (Might come back), GW, TR, UO, RS, and othe MMo's i cant think of. So that is about it i played those mmos because they usually offered something i wanted. So give me your suggestions

Playing

uhhh... dang.

Comments

• mrxtrememrxtreme Member Posts: 9

Try Vanguard saga of heroes!!

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

No offense man, but I'm going to tell you right now that you're going to get responses with MMOs that really don't fit your description. You're better off occupying your time with Oblivion or Morrowind. Hell, even NWN Diamond and finding a good custom module online would probably be a better thing to do with your money right now. Probably the only games that exist that are what you want are UO, the old SWG, and EVE Online.

Most of the mmos right now are so streamlined and similar to one another that it's difficult to really find something like you described. I'm not saying they're bad but I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed. People might also suggest Vanguard which isn't too bad but certainly feels really clunky.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Vanguard is pretty open. Might not be a bad idea to try it out. My major issue is the low population and I had an animation issue where models in the game wouldn't animate unless I was right next to them.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• VolstagVolstag Member Posts: 25

Well i heard about saga of heros, never tried it but i suppose i'll look into it.

Anyone else with suggjestions you can still post.

Playing

uhhh... dang.

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum

No offense man, but I'm going to tell you right now that you're going to get responses with MMOs that really don't fit your description. You're better off occupying your time with Oblivion or Morrowind. Hell, even NWN Diamond and finding a good custom module online would probably be a better thing to do with your money right now. Probably the only games that exist that are what you want are UO, the old SWG, and EVE Online.
    Most of the mmos right now are so streamlined and similar to one another that it's difficult to really find something like you described. I'm not saying they're bad but I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed. People might also suggest Vanguard which isn't too bad but certainly feels really clunky.

Thanks for the advice and your probably right. I have the Rpg's you mentioned so i guess i'll probably work with those for a while. I may try out UO again or Eve but i don't know where that will lead me. 

Everyone is suggjesting Vanguard so i might just try that out. I'll see where it goes.

Playing

uhhh... dang.

• shrapnel20shrapnel20 Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by Volstag

so what i want is essentially a sort of sandbox like game like UO.

upcoming Mortal Online.

• gamefreak565gamefreak565 Member UncommonPosts: 14

Games are not made as Sandboxes usually because there is more money in making WoW like games. Get the players hooked and pump out the expansions = millions of dollars. Here are a few good sand box games I have come across in my years of playing.

Wurm Online - 10/10 sand box rating; see cons however for the horrible combat

There is nothing you can't really do in wurm. You can build houses, farm, kill people, kill animals, ride every animal in the game as a mount,  smith weapons and armour, build villages with wood or stone walls, make catapults, destroy villages... the list goes on and on.

Pros:

- Terra forming (You can edit landscapes)

- Open world building (You can plop your house or village just about anywhere except the ocean)</p>

- Great land scape graphics (scenery is nice)

Cons:

- PvP is horrible (It has hard to use controls and a crappy system, but still plausible and not completely broken) I can not stress how bad the combat is, I think it may be the worst I have ever seen gaming for 7 years.

- Combat and practically every other animations are shit.

- Character and creature models look slapped up and are choppy.

- Interface is disasterous, it looks blotchy and the font is pixely.

Roma Victor - 8.5/10 sand box rating

Again there is not much you can't do in roma victor compared to wurm. There is no terraforming, however the land is not flat. Romans are slightly overpowered because of much better armour, however their lack of light and medium armour slightly makes up for it a bit. Barbarins will be buffed shortly. The combat has click and swing in direction combat similar to mount and blade or oblivion.

Pros:

- You can craft anything

- Combat is good but heavily relies on spears

- Community is very mature due to the complexity of the game

- It costs 15 bucks to buy and then nothing after that.

- Full Combat animations and decent ones too

Cons:

- There is no terraforming, but because of the way the terrain is set up it is not game breaking

- Romans are overpowered, not to the point of total domination, but they have a consistant advantage in PvP

- Interface is complex - the learning curve is a 90 degree angle.

Basically Roma is if you are more orientated towards combat and warfare, and wurm is more orientated to makng friends and building villages together.

Originally posted by gamefreak565

Games are not made as Sandboxes usually because there is more money in making WoW like games. Get the players hooked and pump out the expansions = millions of dollars. Here are a few good sand box games I have come across in my years of playing.

Wurm Online - 10/10 sand box rating; see cons however for the horrible combat

There is nothing you can't really do in wurm. You can build houses, farm, kill people, kill animals, ride every animal in the game as a mount,  smith weapons and armour, build villages with wood or stone walls, make catapults, destroy villages... the list goes on and on.

Pros:

- Terra forming (You can edit landscapes)

- Open world building (You can plop your house or village just about anywhere except the ocean)</p>

- Great land scape graphics (scenery is nice)

Cons:

- PvP is horrible (It has hard to use controls and a crappy system, but still plausible and not completely broken) I can not stress how bad the combat is, I think it may be the worst I have ever seen gaming for 7 years.

- Combat and practically every other animations are shit.

- Character and creature models look slapped up and are choppy.

- Interface is disasterous, it looks blotchy and the font is pixely.

Roma Victor - 8.5/10 sand box rating
    Again there is not much you can't do in roma victor compared to wurm. There is no terraforming, however the land is not flat. Romans are slightly overpowered because of much better armour, however their lack of light and medium armour slightly makes up for it a bit. Barbarins will be buffed shortly. The combat has click and swing in direction combat similar to mount and blade or oblivion.

Pros:

- You can craft anything

- Combat is good but heavily relies on spears

- Community is very mature due to the complexity of the game

- It costs 15 bucks to buy and then nothing after that.

- Full Combat animations and decent ones too

Cons:

- There is no terraforming, but because of the way the terrain is set up it is not game breaking

- Romans are overpowered, not to the point of total domination, but they have a consistant advantage in PvP

- Interface is complex - the learning curve is a 90 degree angle.

Basically Roma is if you are more orientated towards combat and warfare, and wurm is more orientated to makng friends and building villages together.

thanks for the reply i looked at wurm before never played it. But i will try. The same with Roma victor. Anyways thanks! =)

Playing

uhhh... dang.

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

EVE online, Darkfall, Roma Victor, Wurm Online, A tale in the desert IV, Ryzom, Mortal Online.

A combination of games with a lot more freedom than popular WoW clones. You should check those if you are looking for some open world game. I personally Played all but Mortal Online and Roma Victor. Liked them all but my favourites are EVE and Darkfall.