Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My useless 2 cents on Vanguard

i have playing the two week trial and i am lvl 10 with alot of crafting, diplomacy and harvesting done (not sure what level they are) and i have to say im loving this game. I tried EQ2 until level 10 and hated it. I have seen no bugs so far which i was really suprised at. Also it has one of the best necro classes of any game in my opinion....only necro class that beats it is GW.

I think this will be my RPG game of choice for a while. For anyone who likes substance over flash this might be the game for you.

Why the hate for this game? higher level stuff crap or what?

Also i want to join a 18+ casual helpful guild......any suggestions?

Currently Playing: Fallen Earth
Played and liked: TCOS, Vanguard, Guild Wars, DDO
Played and didn't like: CO, MO, STO, DF, AoC, WAR, WoW, EQ2, EVE, most f2p
Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, Secret World

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Welcome to the best kept secert in mmo's what server are you on.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • masterbbb26masterbbb26 Member Posts: 181

im on Seradon

Currently Playing: Fallen Earth
    Played and liked: TCOS, Vanguard, Guild Wars, DDO
    Played and didn't like: CO, MO, STO, DF, AoC, WAR, WoW, EQ2, EVE, most f2p
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, Secret World

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i joined yesterday and am having fun, playing around with a few classes. world look great, i just hate charecter models grrr

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Good server and alot of good guilds look at forums and you should find what your looking for or ask in game. Im always seeing recruitment threads.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

Yep VG is awesome but it isnt easy to solo, which is a plus for me...i got a great guild within 2days of joining the mainland, let me know if your interested i can put i word in.  Name is Liego lvl 14 Raki psi 

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

just an extra question is there pvp in VG i remember playing at launch and there was but i can't remember if there is still when i tried last year, i gave up on WAR as to there was nothing to do late at night so just curious of VG has some form of pvp that is well decent (seem no game has a decent pvp system other than AoC atm or SWG)

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

PvP in Vanguard is not good.  The PvP server is not doing well.  Vanguard is very much a PvE-centric game.

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

than my next question is what is there to do in the PvE just raid and gear up im guessing..?

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by reid424

than my next question is what is there to do in the PvE just raid and gear up im guessing..?

Basicly.

But Vanguard is 99.99% Best Before End game. It really is a waste to push to end game here.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• KaptnKaptn Member Posts: 7

I just upgraded to the full version myself. I did play the game at release, loved the concept and the vision of the game but it was just too unpolished at the time.

I couldnt be happier that I gave it another go. Many thanks to all the great posts which drove me to download the trial. Im in awe at the imporvements in this game. I finally feel like I have found a new mmo worth playing for a long time.

I am playing a Cleric named Kaptn. Im a 34 year old gamer who has been playing since the UO days. Feel free to give me a shout in game fellas - i'm always up for meeting new people and having some fun. Im pretty stoked at how layed back and friendly this community seems to be.

Cheers

• XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Originally posted by reid424

Basicly.

But Vanguard is 99.99% Best Before End game. It really is a waste to push to end game here.

What Ekibo said. The game degrades once you hit the end game. VG has one of the best level 1 - 49 games. But once you hit 50 - 55. That's where you see the damage.

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by boojiboy

PvP in Vanguard is not good.  The PvP server is not doing well.  Vanguard is very much a PvE-centric game.

This..

PvP in this game (on Sartok) usually winds up with who has the best Non GCD macro set up.

There are some OP classes as well, and when 3 of them gang up on you, and they lose nothing if they die (because of the level difference).. the game gets not fun.

And Sartok is dead.  Last time I was there, it seemed like there were less than 50 people logged in.. and the world is huge..

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by goreesha

99% of the hate for this game is lingering resentment for the debacle that it was when it launched and has nothing to do with the actual current condition of the game.

Nailed it right on the head! I was one that hated after launch, but gave it a second chance. Now I'm a fan...good way to put it goreesha!!