Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Surviving Northdowns

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

A guide to surviving Northdowns for explorers in Turbine's Lod of the Rings Online.

Coming anxiously out of the Lone-Lands you are slowly introduced into this new found land. A burned house stands right before you, smoke and fog everywhere; it is a place that already feels like trouble and that seems to be only the beginning. The North Downs for me stands firmly as one of the most key regions of the game where you are most likely to spend your life from level 20 to level 40. You have about 250 quests to choose from, the Fornost instance to explore and several deeds to complete however it is most crucial for you to organize yourself to gain your experience wisely, and fast. I will try to outline some of the essential areas that you must take advantage off and especially some of the best rewarding quests which will provide you with a wealth of experience and items.

Read the full guide here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

The North Downs may be the single best zone I have ever played through in any MMO.

The amount of quests is massive and the story line progression is very well done. It is not an exxageration when they say you can go from level 20 all the way to 40 in the North Downs.  

• boomheadshotboomheadshot Member Posts: 60

the north downs has the most quests in any area, that is a fact :P

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

While slightly out of date now. It shows the zone/level overlap of the zones. North downs is an OPTION to level in (better IMO than the lone lands for sure) Infact, after doing the great barrows, i head stright for it from breeland.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me