Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vet free month?

13»

Comments

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

not true 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• popalxpopalx Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by popalx

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

I just looked at my station account, yes, free month. Guess ill take a look at whats new.

Did you got a mail about the promotion ?

No. I didn't receive a mail about the promotion.

I found out from this thread.

I'm a member of Coloholics Anonymous.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by Orphes

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Got the free month aswell. Which is good cause i pondered which MMO to resubscribe.
    Good move SOE :)

Changed your signature yet?

No...why ?

:D

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• vyper21oovyper21oo Member Posts: 48

I have been playing the  trial  all week and saw this topi, just tired logging into my old account and I too  have   until  7-01-09  to play.

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
    Take the quiz!

• KaelaienKaelaien Member UncommonPosts: 107

I actually got an email, but did not get the free month.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

The producer said the emails and the activations are staggered somewhat.  So not everyone will get the email and activation at the same time.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Woot, got the activation :)

I was actually pondering dling the trial to this game to test my computer, guess i wont need to lol.

• FumblesFumbles Member Posts: 88

Heh, I was just looking over my account and noticed it was active until 7-1 and thought I'd check here and inform people, but it looks like I'm late to the party =)

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

account's reactivated on the vet return, but still no email about it, good thing I check this site.  go go soe marketing team :P

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

I've posted a bit of my experience after coming back, and was wondering how you other veterans think of the game now? It doesnt have to be in detail, just let us know your experiences so far...

I've seen many old faces return with the free month.  Most guilds have an activity rule, so when these people return they find themselves guildless.  We remove people after 1 month of inactivity.  So I know first hand that some are feeling lonely when they log in and are no longer in a guild.

Region chat is full of questions from returning vets... wondering about enhancement slots, the new skills and abilities, how appearance customization works, passive abilities from SoD, Pantheon of the Ancients, fishing, crafting additions, etc. etc.   Even for a returning vet, there is still a steep learning curve to get up to speed.  I've been duoing with and old friend and he said it took him a week to learn how to play his character again and get his UI set up the way he wanted it.

The free month is great, but it's also like throwing someone into the deep end of the pool.  I wish there was a better way to reintroduce folks to the game other than with the firehose :)

• Good move bysoe I must say, seems liker there is alot of people who want to try it again but are afraid of their money. But this is also disappointing, I remember missing out on the first eq2 free month a few years back, I mailed and asked why, and I had to click on recive promotional offers etc. So I did that, and I have news clicked on both eq2 and vg, but I never get a these free promotion offers. I really wonder why. Anyone else who did not recive a free month?

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

i'm reeally kind of pissed that they didn't reactiveate mine i haven't played in four months

Originally posted by Crusix221

i'm reeally kind of pissed that they didn't reactiveate mine i haven't played in four months

If you fall within the re-activation criteria and you didn't get your free month, then call Customer Service and have them fix it.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Crispin

Good move på soe I must say, seems liker there is alot of people who want to try it again but are afraid of their money. But this is also disappointing, I remember missing out on the first eq2 free month a few years back, I mailed and asked why, and I had to click on recive promotional offers etc. So I did that, and I have news clicked on both eq2 and vg, but I never get a these free promotion offers. I really wonder why. Anyone else who did not recive a free month?

Perhaps your email address is filtering or putting the mails into junk mail or even deleting them?  Mail now days is becoming a bigger and bigger pain in the ass thanks to all the wonderful spammers in the world.

---
    Ethion

• Soe replied giving me this answer: your account has to be deactive for atleast 60days, so I just missed out. Annoying as heck!

• B1ightB1ight Member Posts: 109

awsome! i was planning on resubbing today... ship the freeee 20 days left i guess =)...