Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

questions about retreving a hacked account.

thanos1313thanos1313 Member Posts: 183

ok, awhile ago i got my old account hacked..i figured, eh i was gonna quit for awhile anyway..tottally forgot about it, and made a whole new account..got both expansion packs, well..a few days ago an old friend came back, asked why my DK was 70, instead of 80 like my old one was(same name, so i know the hacker either deleted it, or changed the name) told him the story, and he suggested i get my old account back..well, i did. and i got an email from blizzard saying i needed to email them a few things...now, heres what i want to know. it asked for a photo ID, i dont currently have one, as i see no points to as im under the age of 18, but my mother does, and i can always get my social security number. so do I need a photo ID, or could i use one of those, keep in mind the account is in my name, but used her credit card. also, since they did clearly either change the name or delete the character..can i get it back?..how would i do that?, and as i would then have two accounts, and have already baught both expansion packs and classic is there anyway a GM would just tansfer the characters over to my newer one for free, or would i have to give them even -more- money and pay for it?. and now my final question, as i stated before my level 80 on the old account was a death knight, and now i have a level 70 death knight on the same server..by the same name, lol. i was wondering if i did switch it over to the new account, would i be able to keep it on the same server and have 2 death knights there?..or would i get some "we cannot transfer the character to this realm because" type of message.

breaking news, a brawl broke out between the hogger and arthas the lich king downtown gadgetzan. there where no survivers

Comments

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    Originally posted by thanos1313

ok, awhile ago i got my old account hacked..i figured, eh i was gonna quit for awhile anyway..tottally forgot about it, and made a whole new account..got both expansion packs, well..a few days ago an old friend came back, asked why my DK was 70, instead of 80 like my old one was(same name, so i know the hacker either deleted it, or changed the name) told him the story, and he suggested i get my old account back..well, i did. and i got an email from blizzard saying i needed to email them a few things...now, heres what i want to know. it asked for a photo ID, i dont currently have one, as i see no points to as im under the age of 18, but my mother does, and i can always get my social security number. so do I need a photo ID, or could i use one of those, keep in mind the account is in my name, but used her credit card. also, since they did clearly either change the name or delete the character..can i get it back?..how would i do that?, and as i would then have two accounts, and have already baught both expansion packs and classic is there anyway a GM would just tansfer the characters over to my newer one for free, or would i have to give them even -more- money and pay for it?. and now my final question, as i stated before my level 80 on the old account was a death knight, and now i have a level 70 death knight on the same server..by the same name, lol. i was wondering if i did switch it over to the new account, would i be able to keep it on the same server and have 2 death knights there?..or would i get some "we cannot transfer the character to this realm because" type of message.

"so do I need a photo ID, or could i use one of those"

Most likely no. Unless they demand for you to come to one of their offices to visually verify whether you look like the person on the photo ID.

"also, since they did clearly either change the name or delete the character..can i get it back?"

If the hacker deleted your char recently, they may be able to restore it.

"is there anyway a GM would just tansfer the characters over to my newer one for free, or would i have to give them even -more- money and pay for it?"

Standard procedure is to restore characters of the account. Transfering them to another account is an extra feature that you have to pay for.

"i was wondering if i did switch it over to the new account, would i be able to keep it on the same server and have 2 death knights there?."

I dont see any reasons why you shouldn't be able to transfer character from one account to another. If they can restore your deleted toon, they would probably change its name and then you can trasnfer that char somewhere else. The transfer itself would probably cost you though. You can transfer chars from one account to another on the same realm. I see no problems having 2 death knights on one account.

us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml

from the link:

- However, a character on a realm that is not listed as an eligible source can still be transferred from one account to another, as long as the character remains on the same realm (see elsewhere in this FAQ for information and restrictions on account-to-account transfers).

Hope this helps and good luck recovering your account.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

All characters past level 55 are saved. So you will be able to restore it.

Rift

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

all you do is call in and they give your account back but they can't guarantee you will get everything you had on your toons back ... I know for sure that they definitely don't always or maybe never return your gold ...

idea I had for people btw is to take a screenshot of your toon's character info and bank n bags to have proof of what you had so if someone does hack your account you can show Blizz what u had possibly .... timestamp the screenshots if possible

Money is the root of all evil.

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

idea I had for people btw is to take a screenshot of your toon's character info and bank n bags to have proof of what you had so if someone does hack your account you can show Blizz what u had possibly .... timestamp the screenshots if possible

Blizzard does not, and has never (and never will), accept screenshots as evidence for any account related matter.

There stance on that is thats screenshots are too easily altered, bringing there validity into question.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

all you do is call in and they give your account back but they can't guarantee you will get everything you had on your toons back ... I know for sure that they definitely don't always or maybe never return your gold ...

when mine got hacked, after the investigation was over (damn gold spammers!)  they did a rollback on my character and i got EVERYTHING back :)  then i ordered an authenticator, never had a problem scince....then i quit for personal reasons ....the authenticator is the wtg, my advice is just hang out and wait till they do thier investigations and not worry.