Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Ship Destruction Stats

2»

Comments

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783
    Originally posted by JGMIII
    Edit: 4-5 ships a week? what in blobs? jesus people need to grow a brain. Damn newbs dying that much is sad.

Since we're going to start name calling, what part of those statistic don't you understand there moron? The people who actually *like* to PvP tend to lose ships...and not care terribly much. I've lost 5 ships in a day because our corp happened to be doing an in-house tournament or some lol-live fire training. Those "losses" are counting every last destroyed ship from the cheapest T1 crap. I've destroyed that many and more in a day on one combat patrol too. The law of averages applies, the more you fly the more you lose...run 23/7 combat ops against any opponent worth fighting and your loss rate will far exceed that .7s/month.

Which as another poster mentioned means that even if you assume 1/2 that number of subs aren't really playing...the vast majority of EVE players are just not engaging in PvP. Why is that bad?

Well for me, it is purely opinion - I loathe the rest of EVE. Missions are terrible and most other activities resemble having a *job*. I don't knock the people who want to log on and play "papers & paychecks the MMO" but that's not what I want out of EVE. It concerns me because CCP is a company interested in making a profit (amazing that eh?) and the more they realize that most of their customer base has no interest in and/or doesn't participate in PvP, the more they will code the game away from it.

Why cater to the 30k active subs who like to pew-pew, when they could add shiny new asteroids and a mining mini game that would please 90k rock crunchers? or add more NPC missions and 'plexes to keep those masses of mission runners happy?

Do I get really worked up over it, nope...but I have to laugh at anyone trying to use those numbers to "prove" how hardcore EVE is. It's a fun game, CCP hasn't wrecked it totally yet, but for a game with such a  "hardcore" rep the number of "carebear" accounts is always amusing to me.  

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Originally posted by Salvatoris

I played enough to have an opinion on the game.  If that opinion had been more favorable, I'd have played more.  I had an active account for 51 days, trained skills the whole time, tried several different types of gameplay including PvE missions, mining, hunting rats in asteroid belts and of course, getting blown up in low-sec space.  I didn't play the game enough to write a professional review for it... but I played it long enough to find  things I liked about the game and an equally long list of things I didn't. 
    In my time playing, I lost about 5 ships to PvP combat,.  So I have the equivalent of about 8 months of average PvP experience in Eve Online.  ;)

Alright man lets hear it, come clean. What do you play that you have to come to the Eve forums and troll and bait with everyone of your posts?

You tell me you lost 5 ships in low sec? to gate camps? were you unaware of the information section on the star map that shows you pilot traffic and ships blown up within the hour? Were you not aware that Eves pvp is a group afair and not to be done solo until you actually have some knowledge of the game and skills to back that up? your telling me you got blown up because you weren't smart.

You ran some level 1 missions, hopped a few high sec belts and mined in a frig and you totally hate eve enough to troll it all the time?

Are you not aware that Eve has no endgame? you do realize that Eves 0.0 sov game and low sec pvp (gate camps, roams, FW) are not the only way to play the game? Check the kill boards 5 deaths in 8 months is not the norm for pvpers in Eve.

Eve is a game of freedom, people play how they want. you can not average in a mission runner or miner or trader or production guy in the average pvp activity in this game.

Eve is different for everyone in the game. Not everyone takes part in one or two features in Eve they take part in hundreds.

If you played longer you would understand this.

I've gone on and on and tried to explain that Eve is more than just a handful of features like other MMOs but you continue to troll with your extremely limited Eve experience.

Eve is probably one of the only freaking MMOs that keep teaching players new things even years after starting It's impossible to understand Eve in such a limited amount of time. noone "gets" Eve in a month I don't give a shit how smart you are.

Maybe one day when you stop trolling and baiting Eve fans Ill actually have a conversation with you and explain Eve.

Lmao Pure Win.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

For a game with Eves risk 6k ships daily is alot. I don't care if a ship costs 200k or 2 billion isk its a pop.
    Not everyone pvps (ship combat in Eve) what we should do is gather every person that actively pvps and lets tally up the average ship loss. Im sure it a hell of alot more than 1 ship loss a month.

1) The value of the ship poped is important economicaly wise.
    2) Yes, the ratio of people who did not lose ship in a month and those who did, would be interesting and I guess it is safe to estimate that not more than 15% of the playerbase are responsible for vast majority o lost ships. Which is as I said, alarming, meaning that the game is more of themepark.
    3) Everyone except true mission runners(the bears) participate in PVP, the game is designed that way - the sandbox style.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

JGM, you already know Salvatoris knows little about the game and, more importantly, has an unhealthy obsession with craping on any positive post about the game. Add to that GDemani starting off with "The Devblog is another example how uncompetent, stupid and arrogant(ignorant?) CCP employees are,"  and I'm wondering why you let these trolls regularly reel you in?

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by LynxJSA

JGM, you already know Salvatoris knows little about the game and, more importantly, has an unhealthy obsession with craping on any positive post about the game. Add to that GDemani starting off with "The Devblog is another example how uncompetent, stupid and arrogant(ignorant?) CCP employees are,"  and I'm wondering why you let these trolls regularly reel you in?

Because I happen to be bored at Work and enjoy the bitch fests.

I know these newbs know nothing. Reading bait thread after bait thread makes me laugh and I love proving them all wrong.

Hell, If they knew how much I enjoyed these little back and forth sessions they would probably stop responding to me.

LOL just look at this thread, people bitching because Pvers don't pvp LOL!!!!

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

Well, I wouldn't be bashing on CCP if they were any good...with constant errors they produce, their credibility ain't very high.

When you look at the Beckett chart CCP is bragging about, Hilmar Pétursson is right next to Smedley - a person who definately brought more money to SOE and still managed to kill a SWG...

I don't have much reasons to believe CCP is not going the same way as John Smedley...

EDIT:
    Oh, god.I have just read new dev blog..those guys have no common sense at all... :-/

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Well, I wouldn't be bashing on CCP if they were any good...with constant errors they produce, their credibility ain't very high.

When you look at the Beckett chart CCP is bragging about, Hilmar Pétursson is right next to Smedley - a person who definately brought more money to SOE and still managed to kill a SWG...

I don't have much reasons to believe CCP is not going the same way as John Smedley...

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Did you really just do that? Did you really just put that bastard from SoE and compare him to CCP?

Awwww, You messed up man with a comment like noone is even going to bother paying attention to you.

That's a blatant troll and bait response. Even players who don;t play Eve can see that.

It's a shame, I was actually having fun with the back and forth but with a comment like that any respectable Eve fan will toss you on Ignore.  Myself inculded.

So sad to see a poster sink that low.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Gdemami

EDIT:

Oh, god.I have just read new dev blog..those guys have no common sense at all... :-/

LIke any game, Eve has issues, some like it, some don't, the learning curve tends to irk the pretenders.  It is quite obvious from your lack of knowledge about CCP and Eve that you are a pretender.   There is no one in the genre as clueless as Smedley, trying to compare him with anyone else shows a complete lack of understanding of the entire genre.  Perhaps you should stick with a subject you have more knowledge about.

Originally posted by Ozmodan
    LIke any game, Eve has issues, some like it, some don't, the learning curve tends to irk the pretenders.  It is quite obvious from your lack of knowledge about CCP and Eve that you are a pretender.   There is no one in the genre as clueless as Smedley, trying to compare him with anyone else shows a complete lack of understanding of the entire genre.  Perhaps you should stick with a subject you have more knowledge about.

Yay...

Pétursson facing the Island going bankrupt, stated himself that they will focus on short-term development process. Their main concern is to sustain the crisis and gain as many subsribers as they can. The price EVE will have to pay for new subsribers is a matter to discuss. That is why we have seen last expansions being so poor. Hasted release - less testing, more bugs, not polished and finished content.

You don't need a clue about genre to save your company, you need a business person like John Smedley because making money and making a 'good' game are very often 2 different things.

When I say EVE goes mainstream, it is quite reasonable conclusion only considering the circumstances.

Only one lacking the understanding the issue is you, sir.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

you whiners really have alot to complain about huh? sorry but in this game, you lose a ship, it can financially set you back. FOr example, i lost a harbinger fully fitted T2 in a pos shootout. After i got out, i did not return, my ship and total worth was probably near 100mil. While the loss hurt me alot, it was a ton of fun. I have not been back in the last 2 weeks to null sec because i just dont have time to play 24/7 and replace my harbi out there, so i been running nightly missions in my abaddon. I am now up to 200mil isk, bought a hulk to supplement my income on my alt....and bought a BPC for 10 harbingers....so i can produce them myself. Once i have a fleet of 10, gonna be heading back into null :D

so some months i can lose 4 or 5 ships, some 0, i am just not terribly rich (though i do participate alot in a punisher for some cheap pvp)