Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice on where to start back at

JferriellJferriell Member Posts: 2

hey everyone.  Well I have had my fill of Warhammer....there just isn't enough pve content to hold me.  So I decided I would go old school until Aion comes or whatever new game blizzard has in mind.  Anyways I'd like to play WoW because I only really played it for about the first 4 monthes of its release.  I never had a character over 40 I think lol.  Ok so my question is wwhere is a good server to start that hasn't been run forever.  Like is there a list of the neswest opened servers or whatnot?   Also....is the game worth getting into at this stage of its life cycle?  I mean I know Its popular and all but well you know how MMO's go.  Still haven't found anything that axcited me as much as EQ did when it started but i digress.

Point being:  Which server and should I try pvp or normal

Comments

• Never wrong time to join WoW, especially if your as fresh as you say. You will enjoy this game more than ever if you've been playin Warhammer this whole time, WoW is about 90X more polished. Gear is super easy to get these days, this can be good or bad depending on how casual you are. A few good servers I can name off the top of my head: Arthas, Magtheridan, Chrommagus, Burning Blade, Bleeding Hollow. Ask more questions if you need more info

PS: In my experiance PvP servers seem to have the most mature and tollerable communities and the best guilds contrary to popular belief. Also the most fun-while-leveling cause of the PvP of course.

You can check out my review here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2850220/thread/237438#2850220

• magtheridan pvp server heavy horde base

or for alliance pve turalyon

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718

Go here: www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php

for a rough ball park. The date that a server was started is on there too.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

From what I have seen the biggest issue with pvp realms is the balance of the two sides. None of them really have 50% horde and aliance. This would seem to make the whole experience less enjoyable being the side with few people.

I played wow last year, and then took an 8 month long break and when I came back my server was still doing well. The beginer areas also still have new players in the starting areas all the time even though the realm is 2 and a half years old. I think maturity levels are different per realm, and depend more so on who you allow around you more than anything else.

My guess is you could probably have a good time no matter what realm you pick. Also through the invite a friend promo you can get a 3x xperience bonus if you are willing to create a new acount and start from cratch. The bonus will end when you hit lvl 60 though, but definetly making lvling up a lot faster.