Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player, Question about RK duo?

corechambercorechamber Member UncommonPosts: 148

Me and my wife started playing LOTRO and she choose to be an RK. I was wanting to know what would be the best class I could pick that would enable us to do the most content as a duo and why?  Thanks for any info that you can provide.  We joined the Brandywine server hope to see you in game cheers.

Comments

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by CoreChamber

Me and my wife started playing LOTRO and she choose to be an RK. I was wanting to know what would be the best class I could pick that would enable us to do the most content as a duo and why?  Thanks for any info that you can provide.  We joined the Brandywine server hope to see you in game cheers.

LoTRO is very class friendly for duos almost any combo would work. I would go with Warden, Guardian or Captain though since she can either heal or nuke. A warden teamed witha RK would be a deadly combo.

I miss DAoC

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Hmm. This is just my opinion, but you're definitely going to want something not as squishy as the RK:

1. Captain: buffs, small group tanking, group healing, saves your butt in tough binds. Early on the capt is kind of boring, but once you hit the late teens, early twenties they get really good (my favorite class, btw)

2. Warden: decent off-tank, self healing, so the RK doesn't have to focus on just healing. Warden is a harder class to play since you need to remember a lot of combos, but worth it from what I've read.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• wkyfamwkyfam Member UncommonPosts: 38

First of all, welcome to Middle-earth.  I would agree with the above posts that teaming your wife's RK with a Guardian, Warden, or Captain would probably be the best choice for a duo to experience a considerable amount of content.  I run a Champion with a friend who plays a RK, and though we are able to run a great number of tougher quests, my champion is not able to hold the aggro or pull threat when the RK goes Nuker.  Even dropping my dual-wield and grabbing a shield, I find this to be less beneficial that probably running the RK with a Guardian or even the Warden.  Good luck.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Don't forget, the hunter has ports all over the place. If your a time short person, its a good choice.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me