Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raid Testing on 1.05 - Calling willing guilds to action!

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

From the GD himself:

Today,

Silirrion

Game Director

Raid Testing on 1.05 - Calling willing guilds to action!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have mentioned before in my community letters one of the key parts of the development of the item and statistics update and the general re-vamp of the RPG system has been the importance of player feedback.

So far the feedback has been excellent and allowed us to balance, tweak and adjust the new system to the point where we are getting very comfortable with the game experience for general PVE and PVP on the test servers.

As we move into the final phases of testing this update though we are focusing more and more on the raid content, and how the revamped RPG system interacts with the raid content. We have already been doing some dedicated testing with a few great volunteer guilds on the test server. This has provided great initial feedback and we are very grateful for their assistance so far!

Now, as we get close to the polish stage of the update preparation we really want to get more feedback on this area, as it is such an important focus for our higher level players. It is an area that is obviously, due to the numbers involved, harder for us to solely test internally, and your help in this last effort to make 1.05 as good as possible will help tremendously.

To this end we would like to ask guilds who are willing to offer their services on the test server to take part in more extensive testing of the raid content.

So what do we need?

Basically we would like willing guilds to transfer their characters to the test server (or use the buffing NPC to level up etc, but we would ask you use a character class you are familiar with) and play through the raid encounters.

A separate section of the test server forums will be being set up exclusively for people who agree to participate where you will have access to both questionnaires designed by the developers to get the information we need, a direct channel to give your feedback, and assistance from our QA staff.

So how do I volunteer?

To take part in this process Guild Leaders please head over to the test server forums and send a PM to our QA manager - Hellfyre - who will issue further instructions. Please keep it to the guild leaders or senior officers and one per guild please as these applications will need to be answered individually, so please don't spam him

Why should I help?

Feedback was always going to be the most vital part to this element of the 1.05 update. We want the game experience to be as smooth as possible when it goes live.

I think the raid content will be a degree more challenging, as the feedback has been requesting since launch, but we want to ensure that it is achievable and more important fun! Raid game-play is the most challenging aspect of the game to test, so your insights are invaluable to us.

You folk are the people who play the raids daily and have the breath of knowledge, skill and experience in how they play. Your feedback on the how the revamped RPG system plays into the raid content is vital. You will be helping us make sure that we deliver as good an experience as we possibly can!

Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Game Director

Nice focus yet again on the high end player.

Comments

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

if any guilds do, please let us know what its like and how its different

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• FC-FamineFC-Famine Funcom Community ManagerMember UncommonPosts: 278
    Originally posted by Sabradin

if any guilds do, please let us know what its like and how its different

You would more than likely have to check our official forums for that. The good thing here is that we get more input on how things are now and what we need to improve on later.

Glen ''Famine'' Swan
    Senior Assistant Community Manager - Funcom

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885

Will see if I can kick the guild I'm in in the face until they agree to try a raid or 6 :P

Would be nice to get some raid experience before the patch goes live, so we are better prepared for the upcoming changes :)

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

Since this is a big patch with alot of expectations to it; maybe Funcom could put a World first prise for raids when it goes live. Get raiding guilds in the testlive to practise and come with feedback.

What about; a content update; the guild get something named after them? or a quest or one of the ppl standing outside conans hall could be the character participation in the worl first. Ppl hunger for fame:)  I dunno; just throwing out ideas:)