Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rogue problem and question Halgar

LenceLence Member CommonPosts: 109

I'm current lvl 5 Rogue but my stealth seems to break almost everytime when I'm attacking a mob. Is this normal on low level ?

And what 3 classes are most wanted on Halgar ?

Thanks if someone want to answer these questions

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

You need to train up sneaking.

And what is surprising about the fact that you become unhidden when you attack a mob? 

There are no top 3 most classes. But if you want to go the way to be the most wanted in groups, pick a tank or healer. They are always invited and frequently looked for.

REALITY CHECK

• LenceLence Member CommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by Thillian

You need to train up sneaking.
    And what is surprising about the fact that you become unhidden when you attack a mob? 
    There are no top 3 most classes. But if you want to go the way to be the most wanted in groups, pick a tank or healer. They are always invited and frequently looked for.

How do I train sneaking ? And I know that stealth breaks when I attack :)  but when i'm near the npc, they see me very quik. Can't backstab this way.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Check carefully your chat log, you will be getting a messages there that your stealth is improving. You can also see your expertise level in your character tab. All in all, rogue is everything but a good class for newcommers. They are the least played class in game for a reason.

REALITY CHECK

• LenceLence Member CommonPosts: 109

Thanks Thillian for the answers. Last question.. what do you recommand as starting class ?

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Lence

I'm current lvl 5 Rogue but my stealth seems to break almost everytime when I'm attacking a mob. Is this normal on low level ?
    And what 3 classes are most wanted on Halgar ?

Thanks if someone want to answer these questions

In addition to having your rogue train up in stealth you will also loose stealth if you get attacked.  So as a rogue you will sneak up on something, hit it with your opening attack, then fight it without stealth.   As you level up you will get abilities to confuse a mob, so you can back attack it from the front or abilities to stun it where you can run around behind it.  Where you can really shine is in a group, where you can get your stealth levels higher to maximize your stealth bonuses.

As other people say you will need to skill up your steath by trying to sneak around mobs.  If you are careful when you sneak up on them you will see them get restless and start looking around before they notice you so you can back off.  It is level and skill based.  So if the mob is higher level it is more likely to notice you.  You can also have items made that can enhance your stealth, talk to craftiers.  There are items you can craft, potions or maybe powders or something that enhance your stealth abilities for awhile.

---
    Ethion

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

The monsters do not get 'restless and start looking around'.

You have to approach from the front, the monster must be red and at your level (+1 at most). If he is higher he will see you fast and you won't skill up, if he is lower you skill up either

Once you are within 10m do a little dance back and forth, left and right while in the monsters eye line. You'll see sneak and hide skill up. If you see ?????? above his head then he knows you are there and you have to back off asap. You can also skill up hide, sneak and perception in some caves and ridge lines. It's bug that has been in for several years.

It's funny how much I know about the game for a person who doesn't play, huh?

If you were smart, you'd just buy a character, like me. You can buy a max level rogue for $50 or so. Just do that. Sony makes the game much better that way. Visit here..

exchange.livegamer.com/vanguard/search_result.php

Happy shopping!

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Its quite frankly impossible to answer the question "which are the top 3 wanted classes" because SOE did a really good job at balancing classes.

There are 15 classes - 3 tanks, 4 melee dps, 4 healers, 4 magic dps.

For a good group, you want 1 tank, 2 healers of different types, 1 bard, and 2 dps classes of different types.

So I guess the most wanted classes of all is always bard.

Tanks, well Warrior is a lot of dps and group buffs, Paladin gets healing and a lot of special toys, and Dread Knight is a kind of compromise between the two. Personally I always say if in doubt which tank to play, play a Dread Knight. If nothing else, you only need ONE weapon slot to fill, instead of two for Warrior and one plus a shield for Paladin.

Melee DPS, well Bard is a special case. Rogue is best dps, Monk is best non-tank if drunken and otherwise dps and fake death (wipe recovery), and Ranger is lowest dps but some really nice buffing (runspeed, crits) and other utility, including good dps with bows. Bard currently has too much dps (often better than Sorc ..) and in general is a toolbox for group dps (thats why perfect groups always need one, really drastic) and also for good CC (Psi is even better though).

Healers, Cleric is good defense, Shaman is extreme amount of buffs and a lot of other stuff (depends a bit on subtype what else they get), Disciple is Monk-Style with Fake Death, and Blood Mage is the real dps healer.

Magic DPS, Sorc is best dps of all classes and some anti-magic stuff, Druid has amazing spike dps and emergency healing and some other special tricks, Psionicist is toolbox and best CC of the game, and Necromancer is the summoner class with some really required stuff for raids (Meat, Orb).

My vote for top 3 wanted would therefore probably be Dread Knight (good general tank) - Blood Mage (best dps healer) - Bard (insane group dps increase).

But really, people just look for "tank" and "healer" and then maybe 2nd healer and then bard. Nobody ever bothers to specify which kind of tank or which kind of healer (two different types are preferable, though).

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Trueth

The monsters do not get 'restless and start looking around'.
    You have to approach from the front, the monster must be red and at your level (+1 at most). If he is higher he will see you fast and you won't skill up, if he is lower you skill up either
    Once you are within 10m do a little dance back and forth, left and right while in the monsters eye line. You'll see sneak and hide skill up. If you see ?????? above his head then he knows you are there and you have to back off asap. You can also skill up hide, sneak and perception in some caves and ridge lines. It's bug that has been in for several years.
    It's funny how much I know about the game for a person who doesn't play, huh?
    If you were smart, you'd just buy a character, like me. You can buy a max level rogue for $50 or so. Just do that. Sony makes the game much better that way. Visit here..

exchange.livegamer.com/vanguard/search_result.php

Happy shopping!

You dont have to back up really, I had to level up ranger's hide and sneak, and all I did was went close to the monster and let him see me, but stayed far enough for him not to aggro. After that I jsut went afk for about 30 minutes and came back with maxxed hide and sneak. :)

If you really want to up your skills you have to buy or farm for sneak/hide gear. Also artificiers can craft jewelry with the sneak/hide skills, tailors can craft you a sneak cloak etc.