Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pleases assist on this problem

seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Hey All,

Took a friends advice and decided to try out Ryzom however, I can not seem to download and install. When I use my download programs they don’t work, they stop at about half way download. When I attempt to download direct to a fold the install freezes. I am running Vista and wondering if that has anything to do with it. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

SEABEAST

Comments

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Hello,

i'm not sure about the problem with torrent. In the second case, it seems a problem with folder permissions, check you have the rights to write to or turn off uac.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

This is why i'm glad I still use XP, I don't have to deal with all the issues most people have with game stability and installation.

Having DirectX 10 isnt worth the hassle tbh.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

ok ill give that a try ......and Vista was suppose to be the next window op system of the future.,,.go figure

• Sad_PandaSad_Panda Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by JGMIII

This is why i'm glad I still use XP, I don't have to deal with all the issues most people have with game stability and installation.

This is why I'm glad I use vista.  I get to laugh at people who say vista is the problem while I play my games hassle free in DX9 or 10.

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Sad_Panda

Originally posted by JGMIII

This is why I'm glad I use vista.  I get to laugh at people who say vista is the problem while I play my games hassle free in DX9 or 10.

I'll second that; I just re-downloaded Ryzom about three days ago.  Zero download problems, zero install problems, zero game play issues.

MOF, I have had zero issues with Vista, period.   Using Vista Ultimate x64 and there isn't a program on my system that doesn't snap to immediately when called. Never had a system crash, and so far, I've only had two program crashes, both occurring while playing The Witcher, and both easily solved by patching the game.  Been using Vista x64 for about a year and a half now.

Now, the one major change I made when I first started using Vista was to completely disable UAC; it's useless and annoying as hell.  Of course, that does put the onus on the user to maintain their system.  I have no problem with that, although others may have difficulties recognizing when they are about to inadvertently install/run a malignant program or process.

So I can't say whether or not that may be the culprit in your particular situation.  I do recall reading something about issues between Ryzom and UAC ( regardless of the fact that there are problems with UAC in general, which is why I turned the useless POS off).

Other than that, I haven't made any other tweaks / changes to my system.

If UAC is the culprit it's a shame, but simultaneously, it's just Vista trying to keep your system secure which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Matrix Online
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    City of Heroes

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

You guys are the minority.

I'm glad I never bought Vista now I get to buy Windows7 and make believe Windows ME ,,,,,Opps I mean Windows Vista never existed.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Yes, in fact Vista is a transition to windows 7. it was always ment to be. A platform to test things, listen the customers and then build windows 7. It is not too bad, anyway, just not always friendly with people that don't wanna get computer knowledge to use it.

Anyway, I use Xp and i'm happy i never got any problems with any game.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org