Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help!

2»

Comments

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by miagisan

industrial or exhumers can have 4k of cargo capacity easily.....first thing i would do is train those

Are these still suitable mining vessels? Im not seeing much in the way of ships specialized in mining apart from a few of the beginner ships... 

Sorry if this is very noob - Im looking on wiki at the same time but not finding really what Im looking for :) 

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

edit** sorry i meant mining barge instead of industrial

(best exhumer)

The Hulk is the largest craft in the second generation of mining vessels created by the ORE Syndicate. Exhumers, like their mining barge cousins, are equipped with electronic subsystems specifically designed to accommodate Strip Mining modules. They are also far more resilient, better able to handle the dangers of deep space. The Hulk is, bar none, the most efficient mining vessel available.

Mining Barge Skill Bonus:

3% better yield for Strip Miners per level.

7.5% bonus to all shield resistances per level

Exhumers Skill Bonus:

3% better yield for Strip Miners per level

3% reduction in Ice Harvester duration per level

Role Bonus:

Able to equip Strip Miner and Ice Harvester turrets.

3 high slots (for strip miners)

2 low slots (for cargo expanders)

Cargo Capacity (base) 8,000m3

(best mining barge)

The Covetor is the largest craft in a ship class designed by the ORE Syndicate to facilitate the advancement of the mining profession to a new level. Mining barges are equipped with electronic subsystems specifically designed to accommodate Strip Mining modules. Coupled with a sizable cargo hold and a goodly drone bay, this makes them extremely efficient ore extraction vessels.

Mining Barge Skill Bonus: 3% better yield for Strip Miners per level.

Role Bonus: Able to equip Strip Miner and Ice Harvester turrets.

2 low (for cargo expanders)

Cargo Capacity (base) 4,000 m3

(best exhumer)
    The Hulk is the largest craft in the second generation of mining vessels created by the ORE Syndicate. Exhumers, like their mining barge cousins, are equipped with electronic subsystems specifically designed to accommodate Strip Mining modules. They are also far more resilient, better able to handle the dangers of deep space. The Hulk is, bar none, the most efficient mining vessel available.
    Mining Barge Skill Bonus:

3% better yield for Strip Miners per level.

7.5% bonus to all shield resistances per level
    Exhumers Skill Bonus:

3% better yield for Strip Miners per level

3% reduction in Ice Harvester duration per level
    Role Bonus:

Able to equip Strip Miner and Ice Harvester turrets.

3 high slots for strip miners
    Cargo Capacity (base) 8,000m3

(best mining barge)
    The Covetor is the largest craft in a ship class designed by the ORE Syndicate to facilitate the advancement of the mining profession to a new level. Mining barges are equipped with electronic subsystems specifically designed to accommodate Strip Mining modules. Coupled with a sizable cargo hold and a goodly drone bay, this makes them extremely efficient ore extraction vessels.

Cargo Capacity (base) 4,000 m3

Thanks for the reply :)

I know the Hulk is a small fortune and slightly out of my reach for the time being. :) Im more looking for a "starters" ship, somewhere less than 10 million.... 

I'm gonna do some more ressearch on wiki but if you had any suggestions I'd love to hear them

Thanks again all for your great posts. Seriously, Eve has the best community I've ever been apart of with any MMO. /bow

and these are 2 programs you MUST have, they help a ton, whih i have uploaded to my guild forums

Link

i use a retriever as my primary miner, which will run you 5 million isk. Has about 4k cargo capacty with expanders, and uses strip miners, best bang for the buck

The Retriever is the medium-sized version of a ship class designed by the ORE Syndicate to facilitate the advancement of the mining profession to a new level. Mining barges are equipped with electronic subsystems specifically designed to accommodate Strip Mining modules. Coupled with a sizable cargo hold and a godly drone bay, this makes them extremely efficient ore extraction vessels.

2 high slots for strip miners

2 low slots for cargo expanders

base cargo capacity is 2,000m3

and you can fit 5 light scout drones to take care of those pesky rats

i use a retriever as my primary miner, which will run you 5 million isk. Has about 4k cargo capacty with expanders, and uses strip miners, best bang for the buck

The Retriever is the medium-sized version of a ship class designed by the ORE Syndicate to facilitate the advancement of the mining profession to a new level. Mining barges are equipped with electronic subsystems specifically designed to accommodate Strip Mining modules. Coupled with a sizable cargo hold and a godly drone bay, this makes them extremely efficient ore extraction vessels.
    2 high slots for strip miners
    2 low slots for cargo expanders
    base cargo capacity is 2,000m3
    and you can fit 5 light scout drones to take care of those pesky rats

This is exactly what Im looking for :) thank you....

Where may I find one of these bad boys? LOL! Can I buy one from basically any market place or do I need to get it in a separate area?

Sorry - still new and trying to figure out what the heck Im doing :) 

they should be readily available on the market :)

under ships/mining barges or just click the search tab for "retriever"

they should be readily available on the market :)
    under ships/mining barges or just click the search tab for "retriever"

And Ill just make sure I have the pre-req's as well of course :)

You are my new hero Miagisan! I will definitely take your advice and pick up one of those. I noticed it has 2k m3 storage which is almost 10 x what my current mining ship has... 5 mil is also in my price range thanks to the kind folks in game and on these boards who helped me get started :)

I really appreciate the feedback! Thanks again!

any time...if you need help in game, just look me up

IGN: Miagi Sans

• leshtricityleshtricity Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

In regards to training up Learning skills, I'll say this: if you can see yourself investing more than a few months into the game, it is most definitely worth it to train up your basic Learning skills to IV if not V. Generally in the first few weeks of play you'll have a decent idea of whether or not you'll be around long. I've trained all of my basic Learning to V and all of the advanced learning skills to IV. It really does make a difference.

So in the long run it just boils down to how long you anticipate playing. I knew within a week I'd be into EVE for at least a year, so I trained them all up.

Like everyone else says- don't let it ruin your fun. It's just something that is more or less required if you plan on sticking around. The sooner, the better.

the official MMORPG.com deadhead