Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this time i need help choosing a power supply:)

durtondurton Member Posts: 86

I am looking at 700-800 watts I think that will be fine. But other than the price tag what is the differende between sli and quad sli ready?  I'll be running fairly hot, with top of the line components,  have a quality air cooling system and will be switching between using one and two monitors depending on what programs I'm using.  Do I need quad? 

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

No you don't need quad SLI ready.  Also a 700-800w PSU isn't quad SLI ready.

• Sir_DripSir_Drip Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by durton

I am looking at 700-800 watts I think that will be fine. But other than the price tag what is the differende between sli and quad sli ready?  I'll be running fairly hot, with top of the line components,  have a quality air cooling system and will be switching between using one and two monitors depending on what programs I'm using.  Do I need quad? 

What kind of games are you playing and at what resolutions are you playing them at? Size of your displays?  What games are you looking forword to getting (new games).