Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purple Buildings?

NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Anyone know what is up with some of the buildings showing up neon purple?

I'm doing the trial, Devon Cluster, Mid, in the tutorial zone.  It's shown up on the small off the coast combat island - the watchtower (makes it look like a water slide actually) and the lighhouse and now the majority of the troll village.

Kind of strange, it's not the graphic's card freaking since the other buildings right next to it are ok.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Comments

• MatutinoMatutino Member UncommonPosts: 64

That´s a common issue with video cards.

Try updating your video card drivers ;)

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Totally up to date, had to do it when I ran the AoC trial which was just a week and a half ago.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

It has nothing to do with your card or drivers.  That indicates a building that is missing a texture.  Make sure you are running the latest DAoC graphical client, and try having the game check all files for ubdates when you start. 

If I remember right, I had to upgrade to the latest expansion to get that problem fixed.  Ironically, I got tired of the game again almost exactly two weeks after I broke down and bought the expansion.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Well I'm on the trial so I'll let the update check things but without buying the real game then it probably won't go away.

At this point I probably won't stick with it.  While I'm not a graphic's snob, my toon kind of reminds me of those old Intellivision or Atari game people from way back, add to that the 'Z  z z z 's' coming from my head when hit with certain spells.  I'm not saying that's bad mind you, after all the game is from 2001.  I did like it when I was turned into a frog but could still attack with my tongue.

The game does have a number of good features, I just don't think it's for me.  Until then I'll be wandering around and playing on the big purple water slide :)

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

I have only ever seen one purple building in DAOC and that is in the trial, the little village by the ocean. 

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• DoonyaDoonya Member Posts: 18

Last week I ran through the trial for the first time and I didn't get any purple buildings (never seen them anywhere else either) but the pot over the fire in the centre of the town by the sea was purple

• TarnicusTarnicus Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by Yeebo

It has nothing to do with your card or drivers.  That indicates a building that is missing a texture.  Make sure you are running the latest DAoC graphical client, and try having the game check all files for ubdates when you start. 
    If I remember right, I had to upgrade to the latest expansion to get that problem fixed.  Ironically, I got tired of the game again almost exactly two weeks after I broke down and bought the expansion.

Running two clients at once, Darkness Rising and Catacombs, one sees purple, the other doesn't.  Run through the tutorial area again later that day, the purple building is no longer purple but the cauldron is.   If the same computer with the same client, the same video card and the same driver with the same up-to-date files sees purple on one occasion and not on another, how is it possible to be a missing texture?  From what I've read on the subject it appears to be a video card driver issue, in particular a problem with newer drivers rather than older ones, nVidia to be specific.

The problem has only existed for me in the tutorial area.

• AmafiAmafi Member Posts: 80

I had this issue.

Tried everything to fix it - the only thing that got rid of it was by changing my OS back to XP..(was using Vista 64 bit)

• TarnicusTarnicus Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by Amafi

I had this issue.
    Tried everything to fix it - the only thing that got rid of it was by changing my OS back to XP..(was using Vista 64 bit)

I'm running XP so it can't be that.  I only had the issue in the tutorial area and the game has been perfect since.

• StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201

As far as I have seen, there's on texture missing from the game.  That's the cauldron out near the crabs in the tutorial zones.

Here are some graphics bugs that have been around the game for years, submitted for your amusement.

Albion Portal Keep in Thidranki.

A couple buffbots inside the portal keep.

Trees get bugged graphics too.

Highlander Plate Armor as the Albion Portal Keep walls in Thidranki.

Those were taken a few weeks ago by my Labyrinth of the Minotaur client.

System specs at the time:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5800+ (3.0 GHz)

8 GB RAM

Nvidia 9800 GT (1 GB) video card

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by Stormbow

As far as I have seen, there's on texture missing from the game.  That's the cauldron out near the crabs in the tutorial zones.
    Here are some graphics bugs that have been around the game for years, submitted for your amusement.

Albion Portal Keep in Thidranki.

A couple buffbots inside the portal keep.

Trees get bugged graphics too.

Highlander Plate Armor as the Albion Portal Keep walls in Thidranki.

I saw a purple castle once when I tried the trial.  WOW dude I love that tree that has a bunch of faces on it...Trippy

I've had dozens of screenshots of different things when that graphic bug hits.  I've gotta say though, that's probably the best tree so far.  (I've had all the icons from my hotbars as trees and the ground.  I was in Killaloe battleground at the time.)  I was looking for the faces for the sky screenshot, but it's MIA. :(

This is from New Frontier RvR, playing my mauler back when the Doppelgangers were out (I think).

Hotbar icons for tree textrures.

The mauler power tap icon is the grass, also.