Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Sure What Sir Apriori Is Talking About....

LokyLoky Member UncommonPosts: 182

Posted By: Sir Apriori, the Resplendent Knight2009-05-19 15:20:55

http://www.camelotherald.com/devblog/news_article.php?storyid=22

Developer: Knight Generalist

"I have to say, after all these weeks, I'm still excited about what might be. Don't get me wrong, some things have been amazing so far. The communication between us and Developers (and between Developers and community directly) has been great, and hats off in that regard. I'm just not sure how it will all work out with everyone being as effective as we can be.

I'm a little surprised by some of the non-constructive feedback that comes through: from the Herald, from players directly, and even from fellow Knights. In my mind, there's a degree of venting frustration that's acceptable and understandable, but there's also a line. At what point does it become counterproductive and a detriment to progress? I'm a bit on the fence here. I want and hope that people could be reasonable about what we're working with. I also hope that Developers can be reasonable about what the meaningful needs of the community actually are.

I'm trying to keep my distance a bit because I'm one of those people who likes to follow a strong leader or be in the forefront of change, and a lot of things seem up in the air still... in a good way, hopefully. I'd like to rededicate myself to moving forward in a positive direction for the future of DAoC, and I hope that we all share the same sentiments. Passion has a place, but so does reason. "

I have read this a few times and i am not really sure what this fellow is going on about. I would almost think a politician wrote this blog. If it does not come out and say "Origins Server" Or the number "2" in it somewhere , i really cannot be enthused.

Is he saying the game is going on in this recession, or they are closing it because of funds?  Is there actually some development planned for the future, or is it just going to run its course? Or is he just commentating on the feedback system itself and not what the actually feedback is?

Oh well.

If the blog is on the fence about something consider me putting in the posts because i have no clue what i just read and re-read..