Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE died

GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

So they were right...EVE was dying and finally died today.

R.I.P.

What you gonna play instead?

Comments

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by Gdemami

R.I.P.

I think it's just taking a nap.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

R.I.P.

Server decided to take a break. I was grinding rats too!

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

LOL is that what happend? I assumed it was my Isp Connection dropping out and decided to fire up Ryzom and work on my 2h Axe mastery LoL!

Lets hope it comes back soon I was probing a wormhole for a group of friends.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

It lives again. 

edit: hmm down again

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Since servers got ressurected, what would you play if EVE really died?

EDIT: Maybe really died now? :)

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Thats a truly difficult question for me to answer right now. Lately I have been really bored of every game and that even includes Eve but I think that has more to do with the fact I have played damn near every game that has come out over the last 30 years and I have seen and done it all.

I currently have an active Warhammer account which I do not play. I wouldn't want to go back to WoW at all but I do have some good friends that play and I did have a lot of fun playing with them even if the raiding and pvp is nothing more than a grind. The funny thing is that I have been having more fun playing with my PSP now that the newer ones have been partially hacked. Sad isnt it that I have more fun playing SNES games than other more modern games. I have single player games like GTA 4 and Fallout 3 which I bought and are great games but I just cannot get into playing them for some stupid reason. 

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Oh Well! There go my plans for intergalactic domination for another day

Since servers got ressurected, what would you play if EVE really died?
    EDIT: Maybe really died now? :)

Ryzom, its the only MMO worth subbing to if Eve goes down.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

that tricky one could  try play war again   . just go back to playing tf2 all the time

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098

Checked out Ryzom on your recommendation.  You're right, it is good. Never realized but I think strict class systems really contributed to me losing interest in other MMOs in the past.  Being a jack of all trades is a lot more fun.  Part of why I love Eve I suppose.

The crafting in Ryzom is interesting too.  The stuff players build is ctitical to the game (as it is in Eve).  It always irked the crap out of me when something became "soulbound" in other games... it's just a goofy mechanic that serves as an artificial incentive for people to keep killing stuff.

Edited stupid typo

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

Originally posted by Enkindu

Checked out Ryzom on your recommendation.  You're right, it is good. Never realized but I think strict class systems really contributed to me losing interest in other MMOs in the past.  Being a jack of all trades is a lot more fun.  Part of why I love Eve I suppose.
    The crafting in Ryzom is interesting too.  The stuff players build is ctitical to the game (as it is in Eve).  It always irked the crap out of me when something became "soulbound" in other games... it's just a goofy mechanic that serves as an artificial incentive for people to keep killing stuff.
    Edited stupid typo

I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Due to this Swine flu problem we have in NY i missed the lore Events this weekend.

Pissed me off something fierce. Been sick for like 6 dayz now.

I've been introducing alot of players to Ryzom lately (mostly themepark fans that never played a Open ended game).

Only thing missing from this game is a few ruthless individuals that are willing to get the faction war off the ground and make the FFA pvp areas actually dangerous again.

The game has no player looting but it does have a decay system and gear will break forever.  So there is risk just not like games like Eve and UO.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I played Ryzom like a year ago but I couldn't get a grip on the game at all...It seemed to me as another uniteresting grind fest.

Lately, I was trying TCoS and I was just delighted by combat system. This rotating skill deck is georgeous.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I must've missed something in Ryzom. I tried it out, and the mechanics behind the game are sound. I like that you're not limited to class and the crafting was deep. The graphics though... I just couldn't get past them.  I guess I'm shallow!

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

Originally posted by Nizur

I must've missed something in Ryzom. I tried it out, and the mechanics behind the game are sound. I like that you're not limited to class and the crafting was deep. The graphics though... I just couldn't get past them.  I guess I'm shallow!

The graphics are like a stylized version of WoW with a french flair.

It's very unique and not for everyone.

Im sure the developers realized this when they created the game because the graphics even though the world graphics are awesome the character models turn people off.

You're not shallow for disliking the graphics atleast you enjoyed the mechanics of the game and realize its not shitty.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by JGMIII

Im sure the developers realized this when they created the game because the graphics even though the world graphics are awesome the character models turn people off.

Yeah, the character models are actually what I meant by "graphics". The world itself was well done. The character models seemed like afterthoughts.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

Originally posted by Nizur

Originally posted by JGMIII

Yeah, the character models are actually what I meant by "graphics". The world itself was well done. The character models seemed like afterthoughts.

Yeah. I created a Male Fyros and once I was on main land I picked up the White an Red heavy armor set It basically made me look like a stormtrooper with a big flaming sword.

After that I stopped caring about that my character looked funny because the armor was bad ass.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

If EVE died today I'd probably just play LOTRO more often (which I still play occasionally on my founder acct. and my wife plays regularly)...

I've tried Ryzom and while it's a decent enough game I just could never get into it for a ton of reasons which I won't go into as this isn't the Ryzom forum ;)  

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I'm still playing EVE but I just bought Darkfall this weekend and I am loving it. It has all the cool things I love about EVE, open world PvP, full looting, no class restrictions and gets rid of one of the things I truly hate about EVE...offline character progression.