Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Storyline Quests

NicephorusNicephorus Member Posts: 52

Another former FFXI player here. From what I see on various threads, sounds like the game is still alive and well, which I am glad to hear. Currently playing WoW, and I enjoy it for what it is, but for the longest time I have really missed FFXI for the setting and atmosphere. I see a lot of returning player threads so I apologize if this is rehashing things, but anyway, here is my dilemma.

I actually briefly rejoined FF about a year ago, one of my main concerns was finding groups, as I had heard other returnees complain that was their main issue. Well, for me it was a mixed bag. I honestly didnt have trouble finding groups for leveling, but where I was really disappointed was that nobody seemed to be doing the older storyline content anymore. The long storyline quests (ie the kingdom storylines, Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia quest chains) were my absolute favorite part of FF, and looking forward to picking them up again was what was really driving me to come back. I guess it was no surprise that nobody was doing them, as all the current players I imagine had completed them long ago and have gone on to newer and better things.

So, does anyone have any advice? Any linkshells out there that emphasize working on the storyline/rp stuff? I'd even consider starting over on a new server if I could find a nice, mature linkshell for that sort of thing. Thanks in advance for the input.

Nicephorus

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

People still do missions all the time. It's just not as often as it used to be when everyone was on the same thing. Since there are always new people playing, there are always people that need missions.

Good RP LS's are hard to find. My wife just tried a new one and it was very immature. She's thinking of making her own. Anyway, if for whatever reason you choose to come to my server Kujata, let me know.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil