Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could George Lucas RUIN SW:TOR??

I was wondering and DON'T fret there is NO rumors anywhere that I know of that George Lucas is doing ANYTHING for this game. I just got to wondering IF Lucas for instance made a Animation MOVIE or had any kind of say in this game would it be ruined??

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Who is Gorge Lucus?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408

Dude i would think he has a say in just about everything that goes into this game, at the very least im fairly sure everything is passed by him and he would have final say.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

George Lucas (correct spelling)

I wish he would push for a SWG 2 and make sure SOE doesnt get ahold of it. I like the way Bioware is approaching the Kotor project.

Im sure George isnt pleased with the state of the SWG game as it is now. I'd love to hear his thoughts.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Lucas has to give approval for everything, but has very little input in the development process.  He's trusted BioWare before... they worked together and the results were astounding. 

He approved the storyline for The Force Unleashed, which shows that he's extremely open to new concepts that still fit within the universe that he created.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Lol Very sorry my bad I just corrected my spelling. It is what I get for doing a THREAD after pulling a all nighter on my job.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I imagine he has the potential to ruin anything, but I don't think it is an absolute certainty. 

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

We're talking about the same guy who approved the NGE. It breaks down like this: If it has the chance to make him a few bucks, George is for it. His artistic integrity died a long time ago and was replaced by the need for green.The fans who write the novels or work on the games will have to pick that mantle up and do it for themselves. I think Bioware put a good spin on it in the Knights of the Old Republic games and I'm sure that will be carried over here.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

There are numerous Lucas quotes where he says that for the most part, he really doesn't care what happens off screen, and that he considers all expanded universe content to be a "parallel reality."  In fact, he said in his reality, nothing at all happens after Episode VI, because *he* hasn't thought of anything.  So while he might occasionally get a whim and issue a ruling, for the most part even he doesn't consider himself relevant to what happens outside "his" universe.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Who is Gorge Lucus?

He's that french Chef that makes pastries.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by CazNeerg
    There are numerous Lucas quotes where he says that for the most part, he really doesn't care what happens off screen, and that he considers all expanded universe content to be a "parallel reality."  In fact, he said in his reality, nothing at all happens after Episode VI, because *he* hasn't thought of anything.  So while he might occasionally get a whim and issue a ruling, for the most part even he doesn't consider himself relevant to what happens outside "his" universe.

Which basically means he leaves decisions to Lucas Arts CEOs and marketing drones.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

You do know that the reason why SWG isn't as bad as it was during nge is because Lucas took over control of it, right?

I think this game will be just fine. They managed to colaborate on the original two KOTOR and those are the best games I've ever played.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

yes he can...anyone remeber that Clones war movie?

He can ruin anything

EDIT: Its very sad when someone can ruin there own IP

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

He can ruin anything

That movie may just be the worst movie I have ever seen, but let's not forget the great movies he did make. Also, he will only make adjustments on the story/lore, not actual gameplay..

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493

He can ruin anything

What have you accomplished in your life?

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Ewoks.

Jar Jar Binks.

Hayden Christiansen as Anakin Skywalker.

If money making is involved, then George Lucas doesn't give a crap about anything

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by wjrasmussen

He can ruin anything

What have you accomplished in your life?

im 20, im still a baby so not mush yet.

but i plan to rule the world

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Lucas Arts is one of the primary reasons why swg got so f'd up....... so yes...... it is possible

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442
    Originally posted by Shoju

Ewoks.
    Jar Jar Binks.
    Hayden Christiansen as Anakin Skywalker.
    If money making is involved, then George Lucas doesn't give a crap about anything

Ewoks rule.. what's wrong with you?

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

He ruined Episode 1 with Jar Jar Binks and don't get my started on the Clone War movie... Future Darth Vader rescuing a farting and pooping baby slug.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Really the only hands on role he will play in this game is the approval of only some of the story and a few of the new critters and aliens you might see, weapons and planets and only some of the names. Just like with the movies he may get some of the actual concepts and pick which one he likes the most. But mostly he has a teams of people at Lucas Arts that he pays well because they think like him, if they can't cut it then they don't stay working for him.

Everything BioWare posts on their site for this game goes thru approval @ Lucas Arts. The material is actually submitted to them, they put it together, edit out what they don't like, add the music scores then send it back to BioWare to release. That's pretty much how it works.

Also Lucas Arts always shows of their own IP releated things. You will never see a BioWare booth at any event with Draggon Age on one side and TOR on the other. That's all gonna be in the Lucas Arts booth. You will see the BioWare logo, and you will see a few devs from BW, but LEC always sets up the event booths to take credit. TOR may even have it's own sub booth at e3 this year, away from SWG

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by ktanner3

We're talking about the same guy who approved the NGE. It breaks down like this: If it has the chance to make him a few bucks, George is for it. His artistic integrity died a long time ago and was replaced by the need for green.The fans who write the novels or work on the games will have to pick that mantle up and do it for themselves. I think Bioware put a good spin on it in the Knights of the Old Republic games and I'm sure that will be carried over here.

Maybe after the NGE screw-up he has learned that MMOs should be left in th hands of the developers. He wants to make money and more fame for himself...obviously what happened with SWG didn't accomplish either but giving him a bad wrap.

Hopefully this game will be like the SW books that are written. Has the Star Wars name on it...but that is as much as Lucas has to do with it. The writers of some of those great SW novels have their own creativity ability.

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

I'm not worried, as we have KOTOR as example that Bioware can produce a SW game without anyone getting in the way of their creativity.

If Lucas was involved in some way, I don't think it necessarily means it would ruin it, but I'd rather see Bioware's writers have full control over the storyline.

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730
    Originally posted by Isturi

I was wondering and DON'T fret there is NO rumors anywhere that I know of that George Lucas is doing ANYTHING for this game. I just got to wondering IF Lucas for instance made a Animation MOVIE or had any kind of say in this game would it be ruined??

He already have.

Not that the WoW kiddies that infests the official forum would notice mind you.

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

I think he is the guy who has the last say in how things are run, but he is not the one offering ideas or changing things that are already in process.  Basically, he is too busy running an empire to worry about small details especially with an MMO which has millions of small details.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

nevermind