Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Konami hinting at Metal Gear Solid 5?

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

pretty interesting

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/17/kojima-website-updates-with-countdown-and-mysterious-5/

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

My take: This is a hint at Metal Gear Solid 5, featuring Raiden as the main character.

Raiden is the God of thunder in Japanese mythology.

Comments

  • sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

    If its a sequel, I hope its set quite a few decades into the future, or far parallel of what's gone on in the 40-50 years of story.

    I liked MGS4 and its conclusion, and felt it wrapped up the series as a whole pretty well. I'd hate for 'em to pull a "next season of 24" with the world in crisis again 2 minutes after the last conclusion.

    I'd also rather everything consequent to The Boss, one way or another, remain out of any new story and instead something new altogether sparks up.

    Should be interesting what it actually is.

  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

    I would love to see this one.

  • BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member Posts: 2,117

    So....

    It was a countdown....

    ....for a countdown.....

    ....which is probably for another countdown....

     

    KOOOOOJIIIIIIIIIIMAAAAAAA

  • clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

    But now it's a 3 instead of a 5.  53?

  • VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

    ehhh im sort of of the opinion that so many sequals to games can be a bad thing, seriously how old must snake be??????

    devil may cry can get away with this due to the fact that dante and most of the important characters are immortal after a fashion.

    My best example of this is how many megaman games are there, and how many good ones are there?

    image

    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Vampir


    ehhh im sort of of the opinion that so many sequals to games can be a bad thing, seriously how old must snake be??????
    devil may cry can get away with this due to the fact that dante and most of the important characters are immortal after a fashion.
    My best example of this is how many megaman games are there, and how many good ones are there?



     

    Well who says the next Metal Gear Solid has to continue the story from MGS 4 and has to be the main character?



    Metal Gear Solid 2 had Raiden as the Lead Character and Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops both had Big Boss as the main character.

    How many bad Metal Gear games have there been? Besides a somewhat failed experiment on the PSP, pretty much all of them have been classics and the series is in no sign of slowing down.

     

  • protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

    Raiden sucked. Another ambiguously gay angsty teenager who looks like a reject from a squaresoft game.

  • AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by protoroc


    Raiden sucked. Another ambiguously gay angsty teenager who looks like a reject from a squaresoft game.

     

    Lol..

    ?

  • BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member Posts: 2,117
    Originally posted by Vampir


    ehhh im sort of of the opinion that so many sequals to games can be a bad thing, seriously how old must snake be??????
    devil may cry can get away with this due to the fact that dante and most of the important characters are immortal after a fashion.
    My best example of this is how many megaman games are there, and how many good ones are there?

     

    Kojima has said that Snake's side of the story is done. Meaning, the next MGS game would have a new main character, which would probably be Raiden.

  • RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

    They could use a complete change in the series, or maybe the same events under the scope of another agent. Just kill the current characters already, please. *points at Raiden*

  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

    Raiden aggeraved me in MGS3, but i still have yet to play MGS4 and I've only watched a friend play it for 15 min from the beginning (skiping cutscenes). I don't know how he does in MGS4, but it would take a lot for me to say that he kid is "cool". Otakon had to work for it.

    -In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by BobCrazyton
    So....
    It was a countdown....
    ....for a countdown.....
    ....which is probably for another countdown....
     
    KOOOOOJIIIIIIIIIIMAAAAAAA

    You can count on Kojima. Hehe, I'm so funny.

    image

    image

  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X


    Raiden aggeraved me in MGS3, but i still have yet to play MGS4 and I've only watched a friend play it for 15 min from the beginning (skiping cutscenes). I don't know how he does in MGS4, but it would take a lot for me to say that he kid is "cool". Otakon had to work for it.



     

    Raiden is completely different in Metal Gear Solid 4. His personality and looks are very different, and he is now actually a fan favorite character.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzLQMO0W9U8

Sign In or Register to comment.