Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly

momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

I just tried this game... and I honestly don't see all the hype...  Graphics are very poor, and grainy looking... reminds me of N64 games... don't really see why this game is so good.

Maybe 7 years ago... but not today.

Comments

• ReanemeikoReanemeiko Member Posts: 183

Hmmm.. as what i've experience, it's because of the unique features of the game, like the Free league,Crating,Fishing,Town system, community, betting and the Auto move function that makes our life easier this are some features that you can't find in the other games... there's a lot to do in the game not only grinding....

And i'm enjoying the game as of the moment but still i can say that there's still lot to improve in the game.. and hope that they are working on it....^^

*** Atlantica Online***Reanemeiko*** Mycenae

('@') Oink!

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Yeah, the graphics certainly aren't great, it's the gameplay that's the best thing.

Still, I would say closer to Playstation 2/Wii graphics (not quite original Xbox), as opposed to N64. And it's mostly the in world graphics that are bad, if you look at the graphics in battle, there's quite a bit of detail, different animations, detailed textures on the monsters.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

Gameplay > Graphics.

Always.

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Just to automated for me... I can get past the graphics... I tried it again today... maybe it's the turn-based combat I don't like... or the whole party thing... but it's different and has a niche.

Originally posted by momodig

Just to automated for me... I can get past the graphics... I tried it again today... maybe it's the turn-based combat I don't like... or the whole party thing... but it's different and has a niche.

maybe you like a hack and slash one...for me i enjoy the turn based coz i will be able to control 9 mercs with different classes unlike other games you just control 1 job..

('@') Oink!

• vonkeitzvonkeitz Member Posts: 166

yeah i know the grpahics is not the best but the graphics is quite good.. have you tried selectig #5 in system graphics??and beside what do you expect in f2p game those games that are really good in graphics are p2p games who can really put money into it.. but for me this is really really good for a f2p game.. i love turn base battle maybe others cant hadle it because its too many.. the pvp is good too rather hack and slash too boring because usually when in hack and slash you will be defeated by a higher level but in here you will have a chance to win because of your strategy ot just the stats. ive met a high level here which is level 100+ but still i a low division hahaha.

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

and so there goes a thread that will be filled with biased conceptions and statements. You might say those things momodig, but it is quite good for other people because some of AO players love Final Fantasy which i dont say that AO is like FF in totality but of course AO got the turn-based system from it. I think the graphics is okey to...not too flashy but it is alright. I am no expert on mmos but AO has been a part of my system for quite some time now. I still play WOW though and even Ragnarok. Anyway, my point is, dont look only at AO's flaws but also see to it that you have enough AO gaming experience to say any criticisms about the game. :D Peace man!

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by dubistblau

and so there goes a thread that will be filled with biased conceptions and statements. You might say those things momodig, but it is quite good for other people because some of AO players love Final Fantasy which i dont say that AO is like FF in totality but of course AO got the turn-based system from it. I think the graphics is okey to...not too flashy but it is alright. I am no expert on mmos but AO has been a part of my system for quite some time now. I still play WOW though and even Ragnarok. Anyway, my point is, dont look only at AO's flaws but also see to it that you have enough AO gaming experience to say any criticisms about the game. :D Peace man!

AO will ALWAYS be anarchy online, sorry.. some average f2p game wont take that acronym from a classic.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by vonkeitz

yeah i know the grpahics is not the best but the graphics is quite good.. have you tried selectig #5 in system graphics??and beside what do you expect in f2p game those games that are really good in graphics are p2p games who can really put money into it.. but for me this is really really good for a f2p game.. i love turn base battle maybe others cant hadle it because its too many.. the pvp is good too rather hack and slash too boring because usually when in hack and slash you will be defeated by a higher level but in here you will have a chance to win because of your strategy ot just the stats. ive met a high level here which is level 100+ but still i a low division hahaha.

I like how people defend f2p game flaws with "what do you expect its free?"

• TektonTekton Member UncommonPosts: 86

Atlantica Online is not for everyone. Yes the graphic isn't the best, but some of the details are amazing. Today I noticed a tree with alot of pink leafs, in close up they were extremely detailed, almost like a picture taken with an average digicam, if they put that much energy in to the rest of the graphics it would be amazing.

Yes there are bugs, not too many but some of them are annoying as hell. Yes the in-game music gets repetitive and boring as in all mmo's. Yes the speech from your mercs makes you want to stab yourself in the eye after a few hours of grinding. Yes the males looks like transvestites.

Even still, I am completely hooked. The first 20 lvls you are like "alright, it's pretty cool", if you can get over the turn based combat, I love it but I understand that it's not for everyone. But when you start to dig a little deeper you really see how much energy that's put in to the gameplay. There are a ton of things to do, alot has to do with killing things, either to do quests or to get gold. It is pretty grindy as all asian mmo's, but I'm fine with that. The crafting system is really awesome even though I havn't had the chance to really get in to all of it.

At the end of the day the game appeals to some, to some it's shit, I have stopped playing all my other mmo's in favour of Atlantica Online.

• vonkeitzvonkeitz Member Posts: 166

compare atlantica before the grahics really improved. the add more details to the graphics and its really better than before.. yeah i know that im defending it a little because somehow i understand that they cannot put a lot of money to enhance the graphics but its only the graphics are not that good and i believe that step by step they are improvig it just like nowadays. the  game play of this is really awesome and it has a unique features as well plus the community here is really nice

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186

maybe its not really for everyone but if you give it a try you will find yourself all ready hooked on this game, and you will noticed also that 1 day of not playing this game is will make you feel incomplete and make you feel un-ease.

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

• Nephilim26Nephilim26 Member Posts: 118

me i also didn' tlike this game!

but as times goes by  i am liking it and cotinually loving the game more than a hack and slash games!!

cause in this game you need  to be wise!!! while batttling others!!

• loldfieldloldfield Member Posts: 6

To tell you the truth I was really looking forward to playing this game I waited for the Download and was uber hyper to play it...then it gave me an error and said my files were corrupt. So I gave up I honestly don't think I should have to wait for the DL again because files are corrupt in the download. Anyways I guess I'm just upset with the let down I just don't have any more time to waste.

Someone may want to check the files and make sure they are all free of corrupt bits. Hope you all have fun!

Originally posted by loldfield

To tell you the truth I was really looking forward to playing this game I waited for the Download and was uber hyper to play it...then it gave me an error and said my files were corrupt. So I gave up I honestly don't think I should have to wait for the DL again because files are corrupt in the download. Anyways I guess I'm just upset with the let down I just don't have any more time to waste.
    Someone may want to check the files and make sure they are all free of corrupt bits. Hope you all have fun!

Sad to hear that.... hope that you still download the game because its a worth to try.... i have that same problem when i first downloaded the game. but i want to be patient to it..

I'm waiting for the new updates... ^^ i really like the pegasus mount! wew!

('@') Oink!

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Is Stamina still in the game?

I been protesting since OB1

• BurnRubberBurnRubber Member Posts: 67

yeah stamina is still in the game, but im not really affected by it since i dont grind that much, and more on free leagues and dungeons. i rarely get my stamina to zero >.<

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by BurnRubber
    yeah stamina is still in the game, but im not really affected by it since i dont grind that much, and more on free leagues and dungeons. i rarely get my stamina to zero >.<
    O rly? Try the Exorcist Quest without grinding. My Stamina went from 70 to 11 before I even hit the dungeon.
  • BurnRubberBurnRubber Member Posts: 67

not when you go in a party of three... when you go solo, chances are you grind more and level up slower. also, there are lots of ways to recover stamina.

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

This game don't deserve to have this hype, i think its the best free game.. but it doesn't compare with P2P games.

• SortranSortran Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by Galaxo

This game don't deserve to have this hype, i think its the best free game.. but it doesn't compare with P2P games.

After the level of dissatisfaction Ive had with p2p games, I no longer bother with them. As for the hype, probably arnt a whole lot of people who dont like the game set a rate on it. I cant buy into p2p being good anymore, probably just my tastes in games changing a bit. But charging me, then not fixing alot of issues really chaps my arse. Warhammer was the latest dissappointment in p2p that I have played.

Playing: Not much actively.
    Games played: to many to list, been playing MMO's since 2001
    --------------------------