Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6.5 is the true Rating for this game.

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

I dont know how the high rating for this game comes from.

Grafic  7.0 (Grafic interface is to small, Icons to small, cant be resized on bigger Monitors)

Sound 5.0 (bugged and cheap)

Fun is 6.5 (its a pure grinder, quests are grind, everything is grind..)

Community is 3.0 (some nice people but mostly kids, kill stealers and lifeless people that invest their few bucks in this game to feel good)

Controls 3.0 (no Target function, need to click click click and click again whiole grinding)

The game options are to less, no way to configure the Keyboard, no way to increase the size of the GUI.

For experienced mmorpg players this game cant have such a high rating.

Sorry but i cant figure out how this game should have a rating above 8.0 

6.5 is the maximum this game earns in the current state.

Kids ,no need to flame, no need to insult, if the game would be worth 8.0 then i would give it 8.0 but its not...

(no native english)

EDIT 27.10.2009 > This game has not improved at all, the same horrible small Interface and the same static and dull gameworld. Theres no Magic in this game, its just a cold collection of Textures. No magic or hidden places nothing to explore just a plain world with some Monsters and villages. Less players, nothing new....... all the defending in this thread is unnecessary because this game is only good for 10-15 year olds and these babies have no clue or real experience about mmorpgs at all so they will rate anything as Great and Amazing... 

This games true rate is > 5.9 -6.5 Max 

Comments

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Portland

Grafic  7.0 (Grafic interface is to small, Icons to small, cant be resized on bigger Monitors)
    Community is 3.0 (some nice people but mostly kids, kill stealers and lifeless people that invest their few bucks in this game to feel good)
    Controls 3.0 (no Target function, need to click click click and click again whiole grinding)

The game options are to less, no way to configure the Keyboard, no way to increase the size of the GUI.

Kids ,no need to flame, no need to insult, if the game would be worth 8.0 then i would give it 8.0 but its not...
    (no native english)

Sounds to me like you didn't even try to play the game or find out how to do things (like the other people that flame the game). You don't need to click for everything and to give the community such a low rating is almost laughable.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

L29 veromancer and L18 BM

my rating is 6.5

and the items in the item mall are to expensive. 

• EtahEvolEtahEvol Member Posts: 28

Unfortunately, I agree with the majority of his evaluation especially the part of it being a total grind.

L29 veromancer and L18 BM

my rating is 6.5

and the items in the item mall are to expensive. 

ROFL thats not ACTUALLY PLAYING. You can reach level 29 in a couple hours, level 18 in 1 maybe less.

Level 18 in a game where the levels go past 100? You cannot be serious.

You can say you hate the game after playing it for a few hours, but to seriously give a full review on it is ridiculous. Especially when you only played the beginner levels rofl. Let me put it this way, if this was a FPS you would be giving a review on the training stage rofl. You can't even fly in PW before level 30. This is too funny.

Then, you set yourself up for bad experiences with the community when you play a game meant for english speakers and you yourself don't speak english as a first language.

Bonemane (aka the ROFL man), before you defend a game or comment here you should turn on your brain.
    There are Russians, Poland, Romanian and whatall, they dont speak english at all. Why do you think my english is the problem ? Kid you arent older than 17, your comment is a joke and so is your lonely life. 
    You are using this "Rofl" so often that i have to wonder if you ever leanred to talk/write normal. No offense kid but i guess you arent getting far with this kind of comments..
    PW is a joke >>>  6.5

Soon its crowded like Silkroad and kids like you Bonemane that cant afford a Premier Account are soon left out ;)  

Bonemane (aka the ROFL man), before you defend a game or comment here you should turn on your brain.
    There are Russians, Poland, Romanian and whatall, they dont speak english at all. Why do you think my english is the problem ? Kid you arent older than 17, your comment is a joke and so is your lonely life. 
    You are using this "Rofl" so often that i have to wonder if you ever leanred to talk/write normal. No offense kid but i guess you arent getting far with this kind of comments..
    PW is a joke >>>  6.5

Soon its crowded like Silkroad and kids like you Bonemane that cant afford a Premier Account are soon left out ;)  

And now I'm gonna make up for future posts (and because I'm barely on here) by destroying you all-in-one.

Don't get mad because you got putdown by someone criticizing you. You bring up things that have no relevance whatsoever to the point at hand when the argument was over as soon as you stupidly posted what level you got to before you quit the game and decided to do a FULL REVIEW on it. I made you look extremely stupid therefore you are now deciding to comment on my age LMAO which you are totally off on btw. oOo the old "You're a child and you're stupid comeback" its almost as overused and lame as "You're posting on a gaming site so you're a overweight nerd (but yet they're posting on the site as well hmmm)".

I think you just shat on yourself with your own comment=/ You see you named all the people that play the game and are still playing and having a better time then you. I remember talking with dutch kids that barely spoke english. Obviously the problems with the community were YOUR fault, not the game's.

I could bring up my accomplishments in writing/life, but I'm afraid they'd put you to shame and mmorpg.com would lose another member due to me ROFL. I use ROFL because I just can't take you seriously. Everytime you post you make me laugh at how credible your posts are (you played a MMORPG for about 3 hours and decide to do a full review on it?), yet you feel like they have some sort of meaning and are full of intelligence. You're the reason why people in America think foreigners are a bit slow =/

ROFL man. How long did that take you to think up? Hopefully more time than you took to play the game. A newborn wouldn't even laugh at that. Omg a poor joke, yet you have no idea who I am? I must've made you cry cause you literally have nothing else to say. You're just digging stuff out from the bottom of the barrel. Look where you live? The ONLY reason you have money is because you have NOTHING else to spend it on. To even bring up the idea of poor in your situation is beyond dumb. Leave the comedy and insults to people that actually CAN use their brains.

By the way, nice job barely starting a game and already reaching for your wallet. You're the reason why cash shop models are taking over. Work for your stuff like everyone else. I'll check back in like a month to see if you came up with something smart to respond to me with, I doubt it though ;)

• RhaorthRhaorth Member Posts: 22

Just to keep the thread back on track without it degenerating into a cutthroat flame...Here's my take on Perfect World (Intl.)

I'm not going to throw out a rating, just what I see based on my experience on PW and playing several mmos. I'm also not going to cover every little thing, so if I left out anything, i'm sorry.

Looks:

Excellent character creation system, many things can be changed, such that very rarely characters will look alike; with the exception of barbarians/werebeasts, who are vastly limited compared to the others for some reason.

It's a pretty world, it has shadowing, lighting, and weather. The art direction is all right world wise, it's kind of bland as the world tends to look alike in more than a few areas.

The variation in armor is decent, changes every 10 levels or so, or if special armor is worn. Clothing is also bought in the cash shop, and can be worn with armor, you'll just see clothing instead. There is some sexism for women, it suffers from the typical bare midriffs and armor covers less than the same armor worn on a male character. Panties flash here and there and women are restricted to wearing only high heels, even in the current cash shop items. Also, only men can carry women via embrace command, and only men can allow women to ride with them on a ground/air mount, not vice versa. Same gender riding/carrying is non-existant as well. International version also seems to lack a lot of clothes that the other versions have.

Spell effects and attacks are normal for an mmo, nothing much to say there. It runs pretty well on my system, which is a Dual core P4 with a 9800 GT, except in Archosaur, which is pretty much filled with people setting up shop. Unfortunately, the last patch degraded the framerate with the addition of genies (pretty much faeries) and there's currently also big memory leak that causes people's pcs to crash after sitting too long in Archosaur.

Music is nice, but there is not much variation, and gets monotonous after a while. The few voices that come from characters are kind of sub-par.

Gameplay:

Typical monotonous grind, quests are based around killing X monsters, or killing monsters for x item, or deliveries. It becomes quite steep after 60+ when quests start to end, and once past 100, each level pretty much encompasses xp from 1-100. For normal questing, it's group unfriendly, as there is no quest sharing; races have different quests from each other from 1-19. Post level 19, quests are different from level to level, so a player a few levels above or below another friend will most likely only have a few quests they are able to do together. If you want to do quests together, its best to really be on the same track and level. Killing things normally for xp though, grouping is friendly.

Class balance? Kind of skewed, venomancers have a good advantage soloing over all the other classes due to being a pet class, with few weaknesses that are easily overlooked or compensated for. They also have the option to buy two very expensive pets from the cash shop, one of which allows them to solo dungeons much easier, the other of which is the subject of many flame fests PK wise. Wizards are generally seen to have the short end of the stick, as archers and clerics tend to out damage them and have more reliability until the much higher levels, where wizards start to shine. The other classes are fairly balanced otherwise.

Grouping in dungeons/instances/whatever at higher levels isn't as good as other mmos like WoW, there isn't as much strategy/skill in dungeons, there is no Need/Greed system. Loot is either free for all, or completely random.

The functionality of the ui is all right, there are multiple bars, but there is a complete lack of customization, as keys are stuck where they are, and many keys go unused.

PvP is kind of harsh, where on PvP servers, anyone can attack each other once 30+, and when once flagged as a pker, people have a chance to drop items, unless they use a cash shop item.

Crafting is unfriendly, as it is costly, and material nodes are only level restricted, anyone can take from them so long as they are of the right level.

Community:

Pretty friendly, although there are the annoying people who use world chat as an output for drama. As for customer support, PW seems pretty set on grabbing your money in anyway they can. Take the latest patch that included genies for example. They can only level by taking your experience or spirit points, using their skills drains non-rechargable stamina, that can only be recharged through the breakdown of items from a crafter. Pretty much an xp/money sink.

All in all, people don't have to use cash shop items, and there are already cash shop items being sold in shops, such that people can farm and go buy some of the cash shop items from other people, without spending RL money. However, there are still a few advantages that people who use RL money can have over others, especially if their class is a venomancer. It's a good game, and the fact that its free helps quite a bit, but depth wise, p2p mmos will always have the upper hand.

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Alright, first and foremost I only played this game for a couple days, but before you go nagging me for that, please try to explain to me why a few days isn't enough to see if a GAME is good? I've played many good games, that have me addicted from the first few minutes onwards, so why should I set my standards lower?

I agree with the 6.5 rating myself, maybe even less. It is not a horrific game, but at the same time it really isn't something special. Despite the number of quests, they are not as in depth as many big-time MMORPG, and not nearly as well written. The sound, and visuals are dated (Video-Game wise, maybe not MMORPG wise), and overall the gameplay is a complete bore. Honestly, please don't look at my opinion as one to follow though, there has not been an MMORPG in the last 4 years to release that I found at all enjoyable. The gameplay is boring, and I still feel game companies need to keep the gameplay simple, but entertaining. Not super in-depth, but overall boring. (Horrible animations that don't sync up at all, no combos, not real-time, ect, ect, ect)

I have to say that the only reason I even kept playing for that long was because I had a friend with me, and overall I would give the game a 6 or a 6.5.

Just a word of warning, I will not reply to any flames, or any replies to my post that are not intelligent, or at the very least have a good point. If you want to flame me for this, please feel free, seeing someone act superior over the internet is pretty laughable in itself, and before you go calling me a hypocrit, I am not acting superior, I am simply stating an opinion.

• notsurenotsure Member Posts: 39

The game doesnt revolutionize Mmorpg's out there but in overall compared to the games i previously played its a nice change . Although the max level is a bit high the grinding doesnt start until the 60's,Before that it didint feel like grinder to me as you could get up to 30-40 % if not more from quests alone, also some class have more freedom depending on your playstyle,personaly venomancer did it for me . Id recommend trying it out for yourself instead of relying on others critics, its not for everyone but i know theres worse out there so this suits me just fine for now .

Originally posted by zidane01970

Alright, first and foremost I only played this game for a couple days, but before you go nagging me for that, please try to explain to me why a few days isn't enough to see if a GAME is good? I've played many good games, that have me addicted from the first few minutes onwards, so why should I set my standards lower?
    I said you could hate the game if you only played it for a limited amount of time, but not review it as if you played the game enough to experience it in full. Keep in mind the guy most likely only played for a few hours. Hell, the same guy posted on another forum after he played a game for less than 2 minutes and said it was TRASH. I would expand on your initial question, but I'm just not in the "talky talky" mood today :(
    If you ask me later after reading this post. Then I'll gladly answer your question in full.

I agree with the 6.5 rating myself, maybe even less. It is not a horrific game, but at the same time it really isn't something special. Despite the number of quests, they are not as in depth as many big-time MMORPG, and not nearly as well written. The sound, and visuals are dated (Video-Game wise, maybe not MMORPG wise), and overall the gameplay is a complete bore. Honestly, please don't look at my opinion as one to follow though, there has not been an MMORPG in the last 4 years to release that I found at all enjoyable. The gameplay is boring, and I still feel game companies need to keep the gameplay simple, but entertaining. Not super in-depth, but overall boring. (Horrible animations that don't sync up at all, no combos, not real-time, ect, ect, ect)
    I would sit here and chat about the game, but honestly I've problably said the same things dozens of times, and no I'm NOT some kind of fanboy or anything (I just point out stupidity and lies on any subject). I've rarely touched the game over the last 2 months. Be glad though, I don't think I've lost any of my arguments about this game :) Although its mainly because people who talk negative about it are either just straight lying, have CLEARLY never played the game and troll it because it has a cash shop or my personal favorite: are completely incompetent "noobs" when it comes to MMOs some of which have the nerves to call themselves veterans.

You don't have to respond back though, just read what I say and leave it alone. I'm not gloating or anything I'm just saving you from wasting your time.  Plus I don't feel like arguing either.

I have to say that the only reason I even kept playing for that long was because I had a friend with me, and overall I would give the game a 6 or a 6.5.

Just a word of warning, I will not reply to any flames, or any replies to my post that are not intelligent, or at the very least have a good point. If you want to flame me for this, please feel free, seeing someone act superior over the internet is pretty laughable in itself, and before you go calling me a hypocrit, I am not acting superior, I am simply stating an opinion.

You guys agreeing with him (well, you two) are kind of hilarious though in that respect. Look at his other posts. The guy is clearly nothing and I mean NOTHING, but a troll and has been going around forums listing bullshit problems with several other games. I doubt he even responds to me.

You see guys like him on everysite, even respectable movie sites like imdb.com. They just go around nitpicking things to death as well as make up lies and other bs just to hate on things. I bet the guy's next post will be him flaming lord of the rings online or WoW. Like any other troll he's gonna be on this site for a few months flaming any game he comes in contact with, then all of a sudden disappear one day and never return (most likely because someone looked him up, found him and...you know what happens next).

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

Well I'm having a blast in PW, I have met a lot of friendly helpful folks, and I find myself playing this more than any other MMos I'm currently paying for.  I think what makes this game stand out from all the others is there is no gear envy, no elitist Asshats kicking you because you don't have X sword or Y Enchants.  A lot of top shelf devlopers could learn a lot from this game.

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

Can you use any keys other than the function keys to use skills? When I played it last, which was quite some time ago, I don't think you could use anything but the function keys, and that mixed with the constant need for clicking, was why I left it all that time ago. I hate function control schemes, they're very uncomfortable for me, so I didn't really play that game for long at all. I played it for maybe 10 minutes back then lol..If the controls are able to be remapped now, or don't necessarily have to use the function keys to execute skills then I'd probably give it a go again.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

(no native english)

And this suprises you? I doubt you can name 1 MMO that you dont have to grind one thing or another to get the best in anything. The only thing different between MMO's created in America and those created in Korea is that the Koreans dont mask the grind fest that are there games.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Originally posted by ilydamdris

Can you use any keys other than the function keys to use skills? When I played it last, which was quite some time ago, I don't think you could use anything but the function keys, and that mixed with the constant need for clicking, was why I left it all that time ago. I hate function control schemes, they're very uncomfortable for me, so I didn't really play that game for long at all. I played it for maybe 10 minutes back then lol..If the controls are able to be remapped now, or don't necessarily have to use the function keys to execute skills then I'd probably give it a go again.

From what I remember you can use the function and number keys to use skills.

PW's movement control scheme isn't really one tone like some people seem to think. If you play around you can see that they actually put together almost every control scheme into one (WASD, Click to move, Click and hold, etc) so there's really no need for remapping unless you really just want things your way. The other buttons are almost the same as any typical mmo.

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

Thank you sir.:) I'll download it after the Aion beta's over, and see what's changed. Appreciate the reply.

• KizamaKizama Member Posts: 1

The true rating of this game is 8.2 at the moment.

Anything else is just your opinion.

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by akiira69

And this suprises you? I doubt you can name 1 MMO that you dont have to grind one thing or another to get the best in anything. The only thing different between MMO's created in America and those created in Korea is that the Koreans dont mask the grind fest that are there games.

I could not agree with you more. I have been a veteran of MMORPGs for many years and I have yet to see one where advanced levels do not require grinding, grinding and more grinding. Even in EVE where your skills are based on time and not XP you still have to grind to get money, be it PVE, PVP combat or mining asteroids

I also don't get people complaining on and on about the type of quests. I hate to break it to everyone, but the old "kill X amount of Y mobs" and "Deliver X to Y location" are the bulk of missions in any MMORPG. It's either that or harvest X amount of something or go into a dungeon and kill the boss or click on an item at the end of the maze.

In all honesty, the only game I saw that somewhat broke away from that was CoV with their Kidnapping and Mayhem missions. Other then that, I can't think of any game that has done anything remotely different.

Another one I can't undestand is people hooting and holloring that the game has a cash shop, and that you actually have to spend money on it. Yet these same people will turn around and gladly fork over $15 a month to play a P2P game. All I have to say to these people is at least PWI gives you a few options to play the game and even get any item, including cash shop only items without ever spending a dime of RL money. You can actually by gold, which is what you get with RL money with game coins. True, it would take you forever to buy some of the most expensive items like that, but it can be done.

Personally I like the option of spending as much as I want, when I want, if I want. In the  months I have been playing the game i spent 20 bucks all together which is $5 more then most montly charges for P2P games.

So far I'm really enjoying this game. It's the first game in a while, F2P or P2P where i catch myself loosing track of time playing and going to bed way too late more times then I care do admit.

While I don't think the game is perfect, I would venture to say that it's most likely the best F2P game out at the moment and that I even found it more enjoyable then some P2P games I have played. The character customization alone is a winner and no game, including CoH/CoV lets you control the facial feature of your character to this degree.

• RhaorthRhaorth Member Posts: 22

Guild Wars didn't really have much grinding to it, WoW had less of a grind in the fact that usually quests supplied you with equipment, and there were quests for most of the levels so you didn't have to suffer from only grinding mobs, which PW ends up being at higher levels. Both WoW and LOTRO had the usual kill quests, but also had deviating quests now and then where you'd do things like fly around and bomb targets, or escort an npc someplace, or get drunk and make it from point to point. In asian mmos, it is expected to grind; PW isn't as bad as the others in that retrospect due to it having kill quests, and daily quests which require money. The only complaint here is that quests run out at higher levels, and then you're stuck with the normal grind.

People complain about the cash shop because it makes it easier for people to displace effort with money, thus people who throw more money into the game can see quicker rewards than those who simply put time and effort into their gaming experience. In some ways, it's fairer to those who have little time to play, but it also ruins the game experience if the cash shop has some imbalancing items. PW has expensive cash shop pets that regularly draw the ire of many players on numerous threads due to them being controversial over whether they are imbalanced or fair. Another problem is when the game does a number of little things to push you not so nicely towards using the cash shop. An example of this would be if your character gets disconnected, it actually takes 30 mins for your player to disappear. If you have a hp charm (consumable self heal) from the cash shop, and a mob is attacking you, it'll burn down for the duration until it takes time for a player to disconnect.

The advantage that P2P games have over F2P games is that patches occur more regularly because they have a stable income, there's a greater chance for devs and such to actually listen to players, and ideas won't solely be based around of how to make the company more money, but also of how to make the player base more happy. F2P games, you can play and stop anytime you want without worry of feeling like you have to play to get the most out of your money, and its free. I'm not going to discuss gameplay balance, because i've hardly ever seen a game that has classes that are close to being balanced for both PvP and PvE.

• SiegeLordSiegeLord Member Posts: 16

This game is f2f and has a cash shop. That means progressively adding content to game as the cash shop is used through time(it is a bussiness after all). So at the moment of this post many items have been introduced from asian versions. Many more will come in time.

Grind? http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/282/view/forums/post/2913180/thread/162030#2913180

Item mall overpowered? http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/282/view/forums/post/2913197/thread/223787#2913197

The game must be considered as it is: a free game with optional payment, so comparing it with a need-to-pay to have + monthly fee game is just silly, in my opinion, ofc.

I think the rating of this game is 8+.

e5200 oc@ 3,7GHz - plays any game. If you need a quad core, you must be a solitaire junkie.

Originally posted by SiegeLord

This game is f2f and has a cash shop. That means progressively adding content to game as the cash shop is used through time(it is a bussiness after all). So at the moment of this post many items have been introduced from asian versions. Many more will come in time.
    Grind? http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/282/view/forums/post/2913180/thread/162030#2913180
    Item mall overpowered? http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/282/view/forums/post/2913197/thread/223787#2913197

The game must be considered as it is: a free game with optional payment, so comparing it with a need-to-pay to have + monthly fee game is just silly, in my opinion, ofc.
    I think the rating of this game is 8+.

QFT

Dude I've been saying the same things for months and morons still come in here and have the nerve to say there's grind beginning around level 30-40 (ROFLMAO) and that you HAVE to depend on the item mall to survive. Thanks for adding your input though, you actually know how to play a MMORPG.

• oreo_blastoreo_blast Member Posts: 2

(no native english)

Here I go getting all Defensive over the game i spend more that 12 hours on a day :)

Not every MMORPG somebody plays is gonna make them Cream their jeans with joy. Hehe who unlike me i get happy just clicking to open the Client. :)

Graphics- I have no clue what the specs are for my computer,i dont care it enables me to play therefore i am happy, But this game for a F2P game has outstanding Graphics. Which I will proudly argue are better than most MMO's that people PAY for. [not flamming WoW] But by comparison The graphics are better and can Rival with the best. Now im not completly sure but WoW might have a larger Draw Distance Than perfect world , but thats nit picking :)

Sound- Here is where i agree with you 100%. I do have my Perfect world music muted, and just bring up my favorite playlist. :)

Gameplay [Fun]- Here's my idea of fun. I enjoy getting a bunch of my hammered Friends together , making a trip to the local Wal-mart and Play Marco-Polo in the isles. That's not everybodys idea of fun now is it? ;) I believe the staments about grinding is irrelevant, with any MMORPG you are going to incounter grinding. From the Levels of 1-40 you should have no problems with leveling from quest. Now i will say you might encounter this dreaded grinding to level if u have neglected some of you quest for they leave your quest log when you out level the quest by a certain amount of levels. I am lvl 66, and i have yet to encounter grinding to level. Also there is a daily quest u can do from lvl 30+, if u you have ignored that you may find yourself grinding to level. :)

Community- There is no shortage of help in the PWI community. You will see ads where people are wanting to help and ads for people needed help constantly flowing through out world chat. But as with many MMORPG's , you will have the occasional hot-head or Spammer. But when can find a MMO that doesn't i need to be inforemed immediately! :) As far as Kill stealers, you must not have been paying much attention. ONLY the person who hit First [enless partied] will be able to obtain drops. But sadly, the thief does not get away empty handed, he/she will take half of the monsters exp with them. 

Controls- Using the [WSAD] scheme is not a a rare thing to find in most MMO's. I will say when i began the game i did move my skills from the F1-F8 panel to my 1-6 panel. I have Stubby fingers and i dont want to have to put extra effort to get to my skills. My lazy-ness is a curse :) Other than that i suppose you could nit pick at the controls if they were a bit awkward to you, or really anybody can but as i do not find any problem with them personally. Although my class might have something to do with that, I am a Venomancer and that class does not require ant type of  tanking work. There the expirience for a Tank might differ and be exactly as Portland says.

I play on a widescreen 38' LCD Monitor. I personally play in window widescreen mode. But i have encountered the Problem with GUI when attempting to play on my friends surprsingly Tiny monitor. Yes, it may be a bad set, But if there were enough people to inform the Perfect World staff im sure that i would not be long before they attempted to fix the problem.

But as it all goes, you did not Favor the game. No random stranger opinion is going to change yours. But personally the real fun begin at level 60 for most players, a new type of leveling is introduced. In a personal opinion i do believe the game is a 8.0+ but as a professional opinion is concerned for players who might nit pic more than usual i will say  6.9 to 7.6 . But as i said i do Favor the game because apparently spend more time on this game than i do keeping my hammered drunk friends still my friends . 

But i do not flame people for having different opinions. I apologize that you didnt or do not enjoy Perfect World International. The Very best wishes to you and Finding [if not already found] Game that quickens the speed in which you loose friends. :D

To anybosy else who reads this insanely long post please feel free to Nit Pic and wot-knot. I enjoy knowing how i come across on forums :)  

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

Grafic 7.0 (Grafic interface is to small, Icons to small, cant be resized on bigger Monitors)

i have 1280x1024 monitor and have no problem with the interface. try to wear glasses, maybe you'll see it better.

not bugged for me, what are you talking about? cheap - maybe, but who the f... cares? =/

hang out with friends, help others, do dungeon runs and you'll never notice the grind.

most of my friends are 20+ (i am 24) and my faction is full of adults. i've met a few kill stealers, but KS usually happens accidentally (it happens often with ranged classes), and they often say sorry.

i prefer clicking than using the keyboard to move... and we still use it because of skills, so it's not only clicking...

i personally don't even need to change anything in the game, it's good the way it is.

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

Originally posted by silenos

Grafic 7.0 (Grafic interface is to small, Icons to small, cant be resized on bigger Monitors)
    i have 1280x1024 monitor and have no problem with the interface. try to wear glasses, maybe you'll see it better.

not bugged for me, what are you talking about? cheap - maybe, but who the f... cares? =/

hang out with friends, help others, do dungeon runs and you'll never notice the grind.

most of my friends are 20+ (i am 24) and my faction is full of adults. i've met a few kill stealers, but KS usually happens accidentally (it happens often with ranged classes), and they often say sorry.

i prefer clicking than using the keyboard to move... and we still use it because of skills, so it's not only clicking...

i personally don't even need to change anything in the game, it's good the way it is.

Silenos, if all players were like you, then we had PacMan games or 8Bit Textures still. Your not worth more words sorry....

• DaikataroDaikataro Member Posts: 9

I've only been playing for a couple days myself, so i can't give a full review, yet i can give an opinion

The game itself is not bad, it's just too simple for my taste, i find it WAY TOO EASY and too linear, when you recieve a quest you get green text that shows you where to find the monsters you must kill, and more green text telling you where you must head to get your reward, if you can't find quests the game does it for you, it almost forces you to level

I've read on these forums that at higher levels it becomes harder to gain exp, and i must say that's not challenging, that's boring, killing monsters 3 hours straight to go back home with 5% adittional exp doesn't seem too appealing for me

The crafting system was something i had hi hopes on, yet it's horrible, the items you can craft suck and are useless since low levels usually loot their own equips, and the materials are either hard to find or expensive, and leveling a skill can be quite a pain and very expensive, also i find it illogical to use a pick to gather pretty much anything, and the fact anyone can harvest anything can be annoying

The online shop gives wealthy players a very unfair advantage over players with a lower income or less willing to spend cash on the game

Once again it's not a bad game, but it cannot be compared to other MMOs such as WoW where the crafting system divides in gathering/creating and you cannot master more than 2 skills and require a lot of gathering or player cooperation to craft valuable items, i only played it for a couple days and i'm already losing interest, unlike WoW where i got caught on the gameplay on my free 10 days and i'm struggling to get a full account (credit card issues, they won't take my mastercard)

Haikus are easy
    But they don't always make sense
    Refrigerator

• KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

I wish mmorpg.com had a fanboi alert because it would be set of hard by you.  The OP was right. The only way I can see you disagreeing with his statement is if you are in fact new yourself or are a venomancer. 81 is my highest on Harshlands, what about you?