Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exp through PvP?

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I am currently playing WAR but the game is getting a bit stale, however seeing as I get exp basically only through PvP in that game, I am wondering if this game offers anything similar? Or do I have to do PvE to level?

Comments

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

The fastest way to level in TCOS is by doing the quests.  To give you a rough idea, the Fame (experience) to level from 30 -31 was around 750,000.

At this level Some quests can net you upto 200K fame. While fighting can net you around 1k fame per kill (or sometimes per group if humanoids).  Also worth mentioning is that you earn no Pep while questing, this can only be attained by fighting.

Theres no exp for pvp - the only thing you can gain in normal PVP is lootable Demon Chest key's if the victim was carrying any.  There is a PVP Arena thats just implemented, you can earn points for winning in the Arena which can be spent on Unique Equipment.

Hope this helps!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Thanks, just the info I needed. However the info was not what I wanted to hear and sadly I wont be trying the game. Can't see myself going back to grinding AI mobs now that there are games, or rather a game, that offers a viable way to exclusively level through PvP only.

• GrenadierGrenadier Member Posts: 91

Funny thing is that it was the leveling through PvP that made me stop playing WAR. When I did feel like doing PvE there were too few people around. PQ's were abanandoned. Nobody had an incentive to PvE much at all. WAR felt like a scenario game where they may as well have just given it a chat lobby and been done with the whole PvE portion.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Grenadier

Funny thing is that it was the leveling through PvP that made me stop playing WAR. When I did feel like doing PvE there were too few people around. PQ's were abanandoned. Nobody had an incentive to PvE much at all. WAR felt like a scenario game where they may as well have just given it a chat lobby and been done with the whole PvE portion.

Yep you are partly right because it is often a problem finding people to do PQs with you. However PvE in WAR is quite well done so it is a welcome change for when you don't want to do scenarios, but you have to solo them most of the time and the Easy ones are usually soloable.