Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the hype about? it will be Jedi, Jedi, OP Jedi, Jedi game anyway....!!!!!

New class? Who gives a damn! All will go Jedi and turn the game into crap and ofc the Jedi will be OP!!!

This game will suck donkey balls!

Played:
From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

Comments

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730
    Originally posted by Binko

New class? Who gives a damn! All will go Jedi and turn the game into crap and ofc the Jedi will be OP!!!

Yeah, 85% of the characters on any given server will be Jedi and Sith.

Have fun in Jedi-land and Sith-land.

• miropovomiropovo Member Posts: 55

I'm planning on trying Jedi, but probably won't stick with it. I had a pre-NGE Jedi in SWG so I think I got it out of my system. THey say the game is supposed to be balanced so Jedi won't be uber. Anyway those crappy ass comics Bioware is putting out make the Jedi look like suckass losers. Initially though yeah there are gonna be a shitload of glowsticks.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Humbug.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

Well first you don’t know what is going to happen. I will agree on the assumption that there will be a lot of Jedi/Sith. You will have your own Padawan. But just because you’re a Jedi/Sith , doesn’t mean you’re a god. I would prefer the Bounty Hunter role than any other. And I am sure Bioware is going to make each class have strength and weaknesses.

But at least in this era have a lot of Jedi/Sith goes along with the story. In Galaxies I couldn’t stand seeing so many Light sabers.

• miropovomiropovo Member Posts: 55

Trooper looks ok. That video with the butt-stroke to the head was funny as shit.

• jaycee2006jaycee2006 Member Posts: 466

Simple minded view from a simple minded person. Two classes have been officially released, wait until the game is actually near release to rant. Oh and your quote here I see as, more for me to kill.

• CropperCropper Member Posts: 198

The game may if fact suck donkey balls or the balls of some other quadriped, but the reason it's hyped is that it's an IP that many of us loved as children and it's being made by a studio that people respect.  Not sure why that's hard to understand.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by jaycee2006

Simple minded view from a simple minded person. Two classes have been officially released, wait until the game is actually near release to rant. Oh and your quote here I see as, more for me to kill.

It doesn't take a fortuneteller or some mindreader to know that the game will be one giant rave party. It's the nature of genre. They may not be OP'd but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a crapton of sabers.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by bossalinie

It doesn't take a fortuneteller or some mindreader to know that the game will be one giant rave party. It's the nature of genre. They may not be OP'd but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a crapton of sabers.

Just like any other game out there, some class is released overpowered and the sheep flock to it. Over time the class is readjusted and the sheep flock to the next best thing. The same thing will happen with the Jedi and Sith, the flock will come and go once they learn of something bigger and better.

Speculation is fun and all but some of you take it far too seriously.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Lots of Jedi and Sith... isnt that what The Old Republic had? If you dont like the lore dont play, play with yourself instead or those donkey balls youre so fond of.

• EumdazenEumdazen Member Posts: 25

I am someone who rarely posts comments on boards but I just need to ask a few questions...

1. Is it usual for people who apparently have no interest in a game to just sit at home and gripe about said game? (is this brought on by a deep-seeded desire for the game to be what "they" wish it to be, or is it something far worse..... "No-life-ism"

2. I also need to know (And I suppose I could be guilty of this) why people then post responses to these strange things (OP). ?

It seems that most people who play within this genre are too bent out of shape by previous flops like (WOW) *and non-wow supporters will understand my meaning....wow supporters will cry and spit out subscription numbers*, as well as poor releases such as Vanguard and hollow games such as AOC. I want to see people rally behind these three giants in the industry and trust that they will not screw us over like Blizzard and SOE.

In a year or two we will all understand what BioWare is delivering to us in the form of a wonderful IP and hopefully we will appreciate it for the masterpiece we all hope it to be. However I see no point in people who are already set on not playing it lobbying for others to abandon their excitement. I figured that the real world was a good place to keep Zealots but it appears that they flood into virtual reality more often then we would think. I had a professor in college who used to warn us about the steady decline in mental health in America and I think the OP might just secretly be one of those few with a serious mental disorder. Otherwise I can't explain the need to *troll* or whatever you people call it, about a game that is still in development.

I apologize for the WOW comment, but since I started MMO's pre-wow I understand what a "Wheelchair" it is so to speak in the genre. If you were offended I am sorry, feel free to B & M about it after this and discredit me for bashing a game with 20000 billion subscribers.... I am sorry I don't enjoy MMO's that are accessible to parakeets .....

I can't wait for TOR, and I hope those that gripe about all the Jedi/Sith come to realize that it fits perfectly within the story, and that thought they base all their complaints off of SWG they will have just as much fun. Have a little faith in the devs... they haven’t done an MMO before... therefore they won’t screw it up (EQ1-Pre POP).

Happy Hunting!

Originally posted by Eumdazen

I am someone who rarely posts comments on boards but I just need to ask a few questions...
    1. Is it usual for people who apparently have no interest in a game to just sit at home and gripe about said game? (is this brought on by a deep-seeded desire for the game to be what "they" wish it to be, or is it something far worse..... "No-life-ism"

2. I also need to know (And I suppose I could be guilty of this) why people then post responses to these strange things (OP). ?
    It seems that most people who play within this genre are too bent out of shape by previous flops like (WOW) *and non-wow supporters will understand my meaning....wow supporters will cry and spit out subscription numbers*, as well as poor releases such as Vanguard and hollow games such as AOC. I want to see people rally behind these three giants in the industry and trust that they will not screw us over like Blizzard and SOE.

In a year or two we will all understand what BioWare is delivering to us in the form of a wonderful IP and hopefully we will appreciate it for the masterpiece we all hope it to be. However I see no point in people who are already set on not playing it lobbying for others to abandon their excitement. I figured that the real world was a good place to keep Zealots but it appears that they flood into virtual reality more often then we would think. I had a professor in college who used to warn us about the steady decline in mental health in America and I think the OP might just secretly be one of those few with a serious mental disorder. Otherwise I can't explain the need to *troll* or whatever you people call it, about a game that is still in development.
    I apologize for the WOW comment, but since I started MMO's pre-wow I understand what a "Wheelchair" it is so to speak in the genre. If you were offended I am sorry, feel free to B & M about it after this and discredit me for bashing a game with 20000 billion subscribers.... I am sorry I don't enjoy MMO's that are accessible to parakeets .....
    I can't wait for TOR, and I hope those that gripe about all the Jedi/Sith come to realize that it fits perfectly within the story, and that thought they base all their complaints off of SWG they will have just as much fun. Have a little faith in the devs... they haven’t done an MMO before... therefore they won’t screw it up (EQ1-Pre POP).
    Happy Hunting!

Your post tells me that you don't understand what we are saying and that you are just spewing forth your own prejudices.

This game... SW:TOR will be a themepark type of a game thats heavy on the instancing, think World of Warcraft mated with Guild Wars.

If you want this game, if you think that this game is a good MMORPG or even a half decent MMO then I wish that I could take all of you so called MMORPG players and flush you all down the toilet.

• jaycee2006jaycee2006 Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by Jefferson81

Happy Hunting!

Your post tells me that you don't understand what we are saying and that you are just spewing forth your own prejudices.

This game... SW:TOR will be a themepark type of a game thats heavy on the instancing, think World of Warcraft mated with Guild Wars.

If you want this game, if you think that this game is a good MMORPG or even a half decent MMO then I wish that I could take all of you so called MMORPG players and flush you all down the toilet.

You sir are the definition of ignorance.

• kawlkjakawlkja Member Posts: 352

Happy Hunting!

You sir are the definition of ignorance.

Yup, the nerdrage is strong with that one.

• edmonaledmonal Member Posts: 188

Happy Hunting!

And you aren't stating your own prejudices? Everyone is allowed an opinion even if you don't like it. Insulting people because they don't share your vision is really narrow-minded.

As for the game, I'm meh about it. I've never been a real fan of Star Wars (I only really like "The Empire Strikes Back") and either the Jedi/Sith are going to be too weak to really feel like they should, or they'll be too strong compared to the rest of the characters. I think that Jedi type characters really don't belong in a MMO, or that they have to be the only character choice.

Problem found, maybe you should give a damn. Most people I have talked to about this game have no intrest in lightsabers and things of that nature. Nope, it seems to be people like yourself concentrated on the jedi and sith.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

The hell with Jedi, already been there did that in SWG. I'm gonna play the Scout/survivalist class (if there is one). 

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

How can you possibly say jedi will be OP when you know nothing, zip, nada, ne rien, niente, niks, nichts, about how Bioware tends to balance classes and how much care and effort they will invest in achieving this?

p.s.

Do bigger letters make a post more true?

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

This post just shows that you don't understand BioWare.  If by themepark you mean a heavily linear game that runs on rails and doesn't offer any player choice, that is a fair description of WoW, and something BioWare would never associate itself with.  TOR is going to be the *first* story-driven online game emphasizing player choice that has ever been produced.  It won't be *like* anything that came before, anymore than EVE was *like* anything that came before.  Just because to date everybody has been trying to imitate WoW doesn't mean that game is the epitome of all it is possible for an online game to be.

As for the poster who claimed that the comic made the Jedi look lame, that just makes it an accurate comic.  The Jedi have always been lame, sanctimonius prigs.  It is the Sith who are superior.  I may create a dark-side Jedi, and a light-side Sith, but I will never make a light-side Jedi, because they are the biggest scumbags in the galaxy.  Also, bounty hunter should be awesome. 

Too bad there probably won't be playable assassin droids, would likely be too close to bounty hunter in terms of gameplay.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Originally posted by DarkPony

How can you possibly say jedi will be OP when you know nothing, zip, nada, ne rien, niente, niks, nichts, about how Bioware tends to balance classes and how much care and effort they will invest in achieving this?
    p.s.

It makes it easier to read.

I bet you a dollar that Jedi and Sith will be overpowered.

By the way... whats that thing called that you put on a horsie to make it only see straight ahead?

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

I apologize for the WOW comment, but since I started MMO's pre-wow I understand what a "Wheelchair" it is so to speak in the genre. .... I am sorry I don't enjoy MMO's that are accessible to parakeets .....
    I can't wait for TOR.... 

<Ironic laughter>  Oh young padawan, we'll turn you to the darkside yet.  You can troll here while your parakeet plays.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

p.s.

By the way... whats that thing called that you put on a horsie to make it only see straight ahead?

I only know about ponies and wide angle lenses, soz.

p.s.

Usually people bet more when they are secure with there opinion/choice. Guess you have a lot more room for doubt.

And you do understand no game is ever balanced, there will always be an overpowered class. And there is no evidence to support that jedi or sith will be overpowered.

I see where you're going with the "horsie" (what are you 12?) thing.  Clearly most of us see that it takes gameplay to see what class turns out overpowered, and most of us have come to terms that jedi/sith will probably be played more then most classes. Really its your vision that seems to be restricted.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I'm just curious, do all you pessimistic sour pusses who predict doom for every game actually have a goal of some kind besides being trolls? If it's to draw attention to yourselves, then I guess you are succeeding. But I fail to see any real tangible wins for you since no developer of any game could ever take you seriously.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by ktanner3

I'm just curious, do all you pessimistic sour pusses who predict doom for every game actually have a goal of some kind besides being trolls? If it's to draw attention to yourselves, then I guess you are succeeding. But I fail to see any real tangible wins for you since no developer of any game could ever take you seriously.

LMAO  of course not, its like is there anything IMPORTANT that you should be doing in your life instead of crying about a game that hasnt even came out yet???