Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big issues of abuse of power

CishonCishon Member Posts: 4

I love SQO its fun I spend damn near all day everyday on it yet currently it is having big issues of power being abused. Much like there this post will disappear as well anyone saying anything bad about SQO who has been around for awhile their posts just go away.

I am Drex Lomakh in game Conquestor of the Klinshay Empire I am here not because I was wronged but my good friend Mor'Did K'Tarra the Emperor of the Klinshay Empire.

We attack the Alliance alot and well aside from exploits/cheats they normally have no way to defend against us as they spend most their time fighting with each other. Well as of late we have laid waste to many of their colonies now this upset their faction leader as it showed how useless he was. Now what he did was take time out and spawn three extremly powerful ships onto one of our colonies. Why you ask once again no one will follow him most of his faction would like him removed unfortunately the admins feel some loyalty to him he adds nothing to the game since aside from this he never logs in.

So my issue isn't that we lost a colony nor is Mor'Did's as well sheesh just a colony in our faction is extremely easy to replace if we want just need admins to unbug it. The issue is a GM shouldn't abuse his powers just because he has nothing to do with his time then grief folks who actually play. Now before you say well hey isn't this his job well a matter of fact no he lost his GM powers for awhile for doing the exact same thing to us before yet here we are again.

Now just so you are all aware there is another faction called the Therat who as soon as Eve has eliminated us if not sooner will be on his target list.

Why you may ask? Eve is power hungry he wants his little grubby fingers in everything if he can't control it then he will weasel his way in. Now I could post alot of what Eve has done in the past as well he used to be one of my crewman till his ego got in the way.

So my suggestion if you try this game and I do suggest giving it a shot just watch your back as some of the GM's have the ability to do anything they want with no recourse.

Edit - forgot to mention now this did bug our faction causing it to go 100% enemy with itself and destroying alot of ships both at the colony and elsewhere after asking for admins help almost a week has gone by and the faction is still bugged they have not even offered to help despite multiple requests.

Comments

• EvilvisionEvilvision Member Posts: 3

I figured I had better back this post because as we speak I am sure people are messaging MMORPG.com to have this post removed as they did the last. We spend many hours fighting server lag/issues and trying to keep enough people online to raid colonies with multiple ships and crews but  due to our enemy factions inability to be able to crew ships to defend their colonies their  GM retaliates by spawning  NPC ships on our colony. What takes us hours of hard work to do he can just do to us in mere minutes by abusing his power and spawning ships on us and we are told that its no biggie to deal with it and every victory we have is constantly under scrutiny and accusations of exploitation and we are just fed up with it. We love the game but people considering the game should know the bad along with the good and just be prepared going in. Hopefully this will all be rectified and we can all get back to playing the game we love.

• LyseriousLyserious Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Evilvision

I figured I had better back this post because as we speak I am sure people are messaging MMORPG.com to have this post removed as they did the last. We spend many hours fighting server lag/issues and trying to keep enough people online to raid colonies with multiple ships and crews but  due to our enemy factions inability to be able to crew ships to defend their colonies their  GM retaliates by spawning  NPC ships on our colony. What takes us hours of hard work to do he can just do to us in mere minutes by abusing his power and spawning ships on us and we are told that its no biggie to deal with it and every victory we have is constantly under scrutiny and accusations of exploitation and we are just fed up with it. We love the game but people considering the game should know the bad along with the good and just be prepared going in. Hopefully this will all be rectified and we can all get back to playing the game we love.

Hours of work?  Gee funny some of the Alliance players who spent the same had thier stuff wiped out in minutes.  Look, for better or for worse the Xon spanked you.  Abuse of power?  Storyline event?

Whatever.

Stop whining trying to force SQO to give you a free hand out.  Considering your attitudes on the forums, I bet you guys shot your own stuff to cause your faction to implode on itself just to blame Eve.  I know I am a cheer leader, but Eve did use the GM powers to help me out of a few tough binds.  And several other players.  You paint this person like they are a twelve year old with a gun.

Grow up.

• markofroedermarkofroeder Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Lyserious

Originally posted by Evilvision

Hours of work?  Gee funny some of the Alliance players who spent the same had thier stuff wiped out in minutes.  Look, for better or for worse the Xon spanked you.  Abuse of power?  Storyline event?

Whatever.

Stop whining trying to force SQO to give you a free hand out.  Considering your attitudes on the forums, I bet you guys shot your own stuff to cause your faction to implode on itself just to blame Eve.  I know I am a cheer leader, but Eve did use the GM powers to help me out of a few tough binds.  And several other players.  You paint this person like they are a twelve year old with a gun.

Grow up.

we fought as ever we did, nothing did by us was using admin power, we fought and put our 'lives" in risks to do that, each step was dangerous for us in a enemy space , and we fought well . so if the allis loser their hard work its is becoause they didnt defended it well, i lost stuffs as well when i was fighting for the fleet.... i saw thing happens that can be considered a bas spoiler or bug , BUT not now.... we the klinshayan fought well theres a big difference between us and the allis, its we are united as one , thats why we earn those victory. and our FACTION aren't implode by our wish but by something else (admin or bug).

Your not gonna come in here and try to neutralize our post by spreading BS.  It must be nice the leader of our enemy faction is also a GM and can conviently spawn a NPC alien race in one of our colonies(as we were flying back from taking out a alliance colony) and call it storyline? This is to magically get them off the hook? I think not. We didnt lose any orbitals in the attack they just got disabled so no we dont want a freebie but what we want is the faction fixed because him spawning those things in our system bugged our colony so its shooting at itself. The free hand out as you call it is just us wanting a GAME BUG fixed.

Our enemy leader who is also a GM supposedly has our factions storyline laid out as well for the next cpl of years as i understand. I am quite sure you would have a hard time to convince people to play a game that their enemy lays out their storyline to them especially when you fail to realize that a core group of Klinsyans paid lots of REAL money to  have this alien race started not to mention the game advertises choose your own destiny. We didnt pay to follow somebody elses script.

We are the enemy and they are the targets we take them out, that is what we do . If you dont want to be a target then go play another game or petition the devs to change it so pvp is not allowed and then we will find another game to pour our money into.

• TexSciFiChicTexSciFiChic Member Posts: 14

So aren't you the same guys that used human alts to sneak in and sabotage colony defenses so your Klinshayan characters could sneak in afterwards and blast the crap out of everything ?
    And don't tell me you didn't, my colony was one of the ones it happened to
    It's pretty pathetic that everytime you don't get your way, you think you need to go out and slam the admins on other websites as if that's going to change their minds
    I've been playing SQO since beta, and the admins at CTS listen 10x more than any other game admins I've ever dealt with, and I know a lot of other players would say the same
    And just to point it out, the GM you all love to hate so much was VOTED into office by the Alliance players, who elected your Emperor ?

Originally posted by TexSciFiChic

So aren't you the same guys that used human alts to sneak in and sabotage colony defenses so your Klinshayan characters could sneak in afterwards and blast the crap out of everything ?

And don't tell me you didn't, my colony was one of the ones it happened to

It's pretty pathetic that everytime you don't get your way, you think you need to go out and slam the admins on other websites as if that's going to change their minds

I've been playing SQO since beta, and the admins at CTS listen 10x more than any other game admins I've ever dealt with, and I know a lot of other players would say the same

And just to point it out, the GM you all love to hate so much was VOTED into office by the Alliance players, who elected your Emperor ?

See this is the stuff I am talking about. We dont use human alts for anything, hell with the exception of the new people that have joined we all have only Klin characters on our accounts and some of us only have 1 character at all. So either your spreading these lies to discredit us or you just truly dont know the real stories behind a lot of things.

If you want to learn some unique and True things about SQO and Klin pop in to vent sometime and have a chat with us. Its amazing how all these lies get spread around about us. We dont deny that our Admins are great, I agree 100% that they are more helpfull than any game ive ever played. I guess part of what a lot of people dont understand is so much has gone on behind the scene that a lot of people playing would never know why we are so upset. We do our best to keep things to ourselves or out of the spotlight because its good for the game but sometimes its too much and we have to let loose and apparently it hurts us at times like this because of all the rumours. As for the President  I personally think that character has done very well as the President of your faction and we dont take issue with the toon. Our emperor was chosen by his fellow Klinshayans.

• AngitheriasAngitherias Member Posts: 26

Remember what happened to Nick when he tried to form his own government and split from the alliance?   A "game bug" turned his faction on itself, lots of property got destroyed, ships and lives destroyed by his own orbitals.   Gee what a coincidence.

TBJ

• I play a Klin with these guys and I know for a fact they are an honest bunch. I've experienced hours of preparation and flying just so we can do something and kill things. Well this Eve character all he has to do is spawn some NPC's in our area and destroy everything it's just a sorry excuse for leadeship. He wants to control the game through some kind of phony forum RP that has no effect on things, he should actually log on and play the game. I can tell you without a doubt that using Alts for wartime advantage or anything of tha kind is seriously frowned upon on the Klin side and even will get you booted from them. 

What I hate to see is these guys who are my friends and Klin get kicked in stomach while trying to make it fun INSIDE the game as opposed to having a forum wars. We've all lost things, I've died a few times but that fact is if the alliance was not constantly hiding they would get some action. And unlike us they get free ships we have to mine for ours millions of material. Also once this past week or so when you actually had a brave commander who sought to engage us and alliance wants to court martial him... how lame is that. Atleast he was brave enough to try to do something and that earns much respect. As opposed to pushing the I-WIN button. We pay to play our own game not be corralled and tunneled into a perceived storyline I didn't realize I was on his payroll.

Also I want to add that I was the one that caught this Xon spawned NPC's going rogue message. I was the one who went to the Communication console and saw the message, if it wasn't for me being vigilant and informing my crew on that night as were flying home through space this person would have gotten away with it again. Because everyone was prepared to go to sleep just then. What GM runs an "event" at 2:30AM?? It's just merely covering up of tracks by saying that.

With all that said the actual staff at Castlethorn are good people and are trying their best I'm sure, too bad that one player caused all this.

• AlloughNAlloughN Member Posts: 168

/Backs up Klins. They are being honest, they don't have human alts.

Factions imploding shouldn't be happening. Factions are really way to fickle... Needs a better interface :P

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

I won't comment on any of the other stuff as I'm not privy to it....having only been playing for about a month.

However, I will point out that it is ALOT easier to be unified and work together as a team when your faction is INVITE ONLY. If your faction was open to anyone who wanted it, I suspect you'd be having much the same issues with in-fighting and lack of cooperation that plagues the Alliance.

Not whining or anything, just pointing out the truism that it's ALOT easier to put together a functional team when you get to pick the players.

As for the other stuff. Due to the fact that stuff persists... Offense is ALOT easier then defense in the game. Kinda tough to defend something when your not even online to fight.

As for  Fleet  engaging you  it's more a question of ability then willingness. If we don't have enough folks to effectively man a ship, then there really is no point in flying it out just to watch it get blown up. I really don't know what happened to Fleet to get it to the state it is in but  at this point...most of us are raw recruits with very little game experience under our belts. We have very few experienced players on our side, even among our senior officers. Alot of your guys have logged alot of PvP hours.... no surprise that you'd chew us up in an even up fight most of the time (not to mention that your ships are faster so you can often engage or disengage at will) .  Still....when we have enough guys with basic knowledge to man a console, even if we are raw recruits...we ARE willing to go out and give it a shot.   We do that when we CAN. Don't blame us for not flying out to meet you if none of our guys aboard a ship at the time are able to even unlock the consoles.

And please don't blame us for anything that Eve does or doesn't do... we don't have any control over that.

You are right about not abusing GM powers though.... a person should either be a player or a GM...not both.... and especialy they shouldn't hold a major position in a faction as a GM. I've been a volunteer GM in another MMO....and it was alot of fun. As long as the GM is given the tools to do enough things.... it can be alot of fun (just like DMing Pen & Paper RPG's).

One thing I think you guys do need to realize though is that ultimately NONE of the 3 Factions can be allowed to "Win".... not unless CastleThorne is willing to do a complete reset of the game universe after that happens. A big part of the action in the game revolves around the tension between the 3 factions..... and once any one of the factions "Wins" that ceases to exist...and the game becomes alot more boring. So while you can and should expect "victories"..... I don't expect that either you or us or the Therats can expect to fully conquer the others....and if one of us starts getting too close (including the Alliance). I fully expect a little Deus Ex Machina to set us back some. However, I agree that shouldn't come from the leader of one of the factions.... The person deciding that should be an Admin not some-one with a  "horse in the race" so to speak.