Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help an alt-aholic!

Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

Ugg! I've been wondering about some of the classes. I have a Bear Shaman right now, but I'm finding that it's a lot of micro-management. I can't stand hitting Blood Flow over and over.

so I've been sort of looking over three other classes...

Necro, Demo, and DT.

I was just wondering if some people could help me out.

which of these classes is just mostly pure fun to play?

Which one tends to shine in more of a group setting?

place the three classes in order from most CC to least CC.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance to whoever responds!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

Comments

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

If micro-managment isn't your cup of tea I'd say discount the pet classes.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by clwoods

If micro-managment isn't your cup of tea I'd say discount the pet classes.

What class would you suggest then?

I'm just looking for:

1. pure fun, little micro-management

2. useful in a group setting

3. decent amount of CC

survivability is a plus, but I realize I can't have everything LOL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

For now I would say just play around with some classes. The big patch 1.5 seems to be changing ALOT of classes. Demo for example is verry fun, med/low survivability and a fair amount of CC when Conflag spec'd but all reports from 1.5 is conflag is about usless. So my advice is just level any your interested in to 40 or so since thats attainable in a matter of days and see which you like best. Also yes, BS is all about Micromanagment. Necro uses there pets alot, Demo pets are a joke you just use them for the passive buffs.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

I am an alt-alholic as i have the following xters , Necro 72, Barb 70, Gaurd 55, Hox 50, POM 40, Demo 37, BS 20. No level 80s yet lol. Although I am holding out for the new lvl70 area coming in the next patch.

I find the Demo a bit boring as i just hit his main damage spell over and over when in parties.

Although the Necro has pets you dont have to use them if you spec Nightfall, I can't stand Necro's pets in dungenons when i play a melee char as i can barely see what is going on with 8 minons attacking the same target as me, playing as a tank makes this even harder as you need to track all mobs in case they attack your healer and with so many minons about it is quite manic.

Out of the three classes i would suggest you try the Necro as they are very verstile and have them easy to play then a Tank and more fun then the demo.

A DT will require you to tank or off tank in groups, and although it is not as demanding as tanking in other games, it is still more demanding than playing a pure dps char in a group.

As suggested try a few chars out before the next patch and see what you may like, you could try a Ranger for example.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Dark Templar fits your bill then.  Has two Stuns available with feats, and has about zero micromanagement depending on what feats you take.  Mine doesn't have any micromanagement, and they are very study.  Good damage to if you are mainly soloing and drop a shield and use a Talisman. 

Barbarian has some really nice Crowd Control, but are weaker than all get out compared to a Dark Templar(will get back to you on survivalability once I get a few more T1/T2 gear for him)