Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP not hardcore enough in AoC > quit

cmon, no death penalty at all

and i thought WoW had lame pvp cuz only death penalty was durability loss on items and long walk from graveyard

here, like in warhammer, death is meaningless and so is pvp in my opinion. no adrenaline, no satisfaction from winning, just bunch of guys running around respawn point and killing each other meaninglessly

for those who like hardcore pvp, stay away from aoc and war

Playing: Rohan
Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

Comments

• motorthormotorthor Member Posts: 48

Start advocating a perma-death server!

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

Lol...news flash! The majority of people no longer want harsh death penalties in their MMOs.

Go play darkfall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• Maedusa109Maedusa109 Member Posts: 7

it's always the same no matter which game you play. whine whine bitch bitch...

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by Capn23

Lol...news flash! The majority of people no longer want harsh death penalties in their MMOs.

Go play darkfall.

Downloading atm.

Geez, need diablo 3 badly with hardcore mode

Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by galliard1981

thats not mmo tho

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I don't think it's game breaking, I do agree the pvp is a bit easy mode though. Harsher death penalties might fix that problem, yet at the same time it could kill pvp altogether.  That's the sad reality of pvp today.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Here's a quick tip while you're waiting. Play any game and when your toon dies delete it. Instant hardcore mode.

And how does he gets the folks he kills to delete theirs?

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

people don't know what they want

they want games that have grinds in them BUT they don't want to grind

give them a game without a grind and then they don't play it!

heres the shit.. they want to compete against each other to see who is willing to suffer the most to attain the most

nobody likes grinds

but people are willing to, ney want to more than anything, compete against others through this shit known as grinding

the more grinding you're willing to do, the more you'll be rewarded

thats the way people want it, their wallets have spoken, so don't give into this idea that games shouldn't have grind because people don't want to grind.. because people are clueless!

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

Go play darkfall.

Downloading atm.

Here's a quick tip while you're waiting. Play any game and when your toon dies delete it. Instant hardcore mode.

nub, its not funny and i am hearing this lame joke at least third time

gtfo

• skippzskippz Member Posts: 44

(Mod Edited)

One of the most retarded posts EVER. It's far from not being "hardcore" if you get camped at spawn and all ways die, I'd say that's rather hardcore.......just because it has no death penalty (which is bloody great to be honest) doesn't mean it's not hardcore.

The PvP in AOC is fail anyways, and funcom needs to address it seriously. Most pathetic attempt at bashing a game ever. Darkfall is the only mmo I know out there so far that actually has your so called "hardcore" PvP, and look where that's getting them!!

I like cookies.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Even if the OP didn't word it very nicely, he is right in that world pvp doesn't bring the excitement that some pvp fans crave.

Also the way how every mass pvp clash tends to home in on the nearest res pad and with that making tactical use of interesting terain features virtually non existent is far from ideal. And when you aren't grouped with the main pvp raid you can end up in an other copy of the same zone after dying which was a bummer to me also.

Haven't played the game for months, though. But I didn't hear that any of that changed.

• motorthormotorthor Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by DarkPony

And when you aren't grouped with the main pvp raid you can end up in an other copy of the same zone after dying which was a bummer to me also.
    Haven't played the game for months, though. But I didn't hear that any of that changed.

Switching instance is done quickly when you are already at the rez point ;)

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    Originally posted by skippz

One of the most retarded posts EVER. It's far from not being "hardcore" if you get camped at spawn and all ways die, I'd say that's rather hardcore.......just because it has no death penalty (which is bloody great to be honest) doesn't mean it's not hardcore.

The PvP in AOC is fail anyways, and funcom needs to address it seriously. However you sir, are a retard. Most pathetic attempt at bashing a game ever. Darkfall is the only mmo I know out there so far that actually has your so called "hardcore" PvP, and look where that's getting them!! No where, get an education, and a clue. Then start posting topics.

Sorry being spawn camped with no death penalty isn't hardcore. Its pointless and annoying.  I'm not even much of a pvp'er but I always play pvp servers in mmo's I play cause the added danger makes it more fun. In AoC tho it was never dangerous, just annoying. Its the equivilent of filling your underwear with sand before going out adventuring. Pointless and annoying.

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Go play darkfall.

Downloading atm.

Only stupid people use that quote, sorry bud.

It's called punishment within game mechanics, when you begin making up rules that the game was not design for then you are simply not playing the game. To go delete your character when it dies, the game is not affected in the correct form. Therefore, the game mechanics will never support the permanent death and you would've wasted your time.

I know, it's a thinker and most gamers lack it.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by dhayes68

The PvP in AOC is fail anyways, and funcom needs to address it seriously. However you sir, are a retard. Most pathetic attempt at bashing a game ever. Darkfall is the only mmo I know out there so far that actually has your so called "hardcore" PvP, and look where that's getting them!! No where, get an education, and a clue. Then start posting topics.

Sorry being spawn camped with no death penalty isn't hardcore. Its pointless and annoying.  I'm not even much of a pvp'er but I always play pvp servers in mmo's I play cause the added danger makes it more fun. In AoC tho it was never dangerous, just annoying. Its the equivilent of filling your underwear with sand before going out adventuring. Pointless and annoying.

and harsh dealth penalties that forceably exclude you from pvp for quite a while isn't pointless and annoying?

harsh death penalties will never find their way back into popular MMOs. the EQ/UO era is over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Originally posted by dhayes68

and harsh dealth penalties that forceably exclude you from pvp for quite a while isn't pointless and annoying?

harsh death penalties will never find their way back into popular MMOs. the EQ/UO era is over.

Why is 'harsh' the only solution for no penalty?  Right now the pvp  is at one extreme of having  no penalty, why must the answer be the other extreme?

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

Locked:  Trolling

This discussion has been closed.