Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joystick for JGE

banaaantjebanaaantje Member Posts: 39

What do you reckon would be good joystick for JGE?

I've been looking at the Saitek x50 and x50 pro, but they seem to have a loooot of options, and unsure if we actually have use for that amount of options. Maybe it would be better to play with one hand on keyboard, and one on joystick, rather than 2 on joystick.

(link to x52)  www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm

(link to x52 pro) www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52pro.htm

The looks for the X52 arent really appealing either, and the price of the X52 isn't really great either... 

What do you guys think?

Comments

• ArchaneusArchaneus Member Posts: 4

I owned an x52 for awhile and while it was a very enjoyable flightstick I don't consider it worth the money.  I bought a Saitek Cyborg X to replace it and I find it just as good while being way cheaper.  Of course, it has fewer buttons but I found I didn't even use half the buttons on the x52 anyway.  I would advise you check on the cyborg x and if that isn't good enough for you, you can always return it and get an x52.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."-Edgar Allen Poe

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

Hope to get one this week at BestBuy I was looking at the Saitek line and the cyborg series looks good will probably go with one of those. I might have to order one via Amazon though they have a bigger selection.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

You can use Xbox 360 controller to play JGE, which is what i am used to even though i use Double Action Logiteck sometimes. but Xbox 360 type of controller would be the best pick for me at least since I know what it feels like in my hands based on a lot of games I used it to play with.

• nratnamnratnam Member UncommonPosts: 186

the pro looks alot more comfortable and for the real enthusiats

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar Joystick (PC)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-017-TH&groupid=702&catid=288&subcat=

I don't like these 'fancy-pancy' joysticks. I like controller, its comfortable in your hands, it has enough buttons to bind most important keys and not too many buttons to get confused over. Joystick like this requires specific set up. Just putting it on your computer desk in front of the monitor I think its silly. Plus JGE is not a so 'close to reality' sim for this type of joystick. All JGE needs is yaw, pitch, roll, primary weapon fire and secondary weapon fire. I don't know if JGE has strafe control though. But to be good in PvP its a good idea to bind Newtonian Inertia controls onto controller as well. It will add a lot of freedom for additional manouveurs. Also those who plan to have 3 monitor set up should probably get a tracker: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Anyway, JGE is more of an arcade type of game then flight sim. So don't get silly guys :).

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

I am also looking for a joystick for space combat sims and jge. I am a bit reluctant to get X52 pro unless it brings a serious advantage over others, because it is pretty expensive. I have been considering Saitek Cyborg X, but I also was checking T.Flight Hotas X, anybody has tried this one?

Another doubt I have is about feedback force joysticks, are they being used, or is a feature that has lost its value?

Well, I can tell you all for sure that I will have advantage over all of you if you will be using a joysticks like that while I'll be playing on a console type controller :). So, good luck getting your joysticks!

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

I'm sure keyboard/mouse controls will br fine =P buut if this game turns out to be really good I wouldn't hesitate to buy the x52 pro.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• nratnamnratnam Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by neodavie

I'm sure keyboard/mouse controls will br fine =P buut if this game turns out to be really good I wouldn't hesitate to buy the x52 pro.

Exactly what i was thinking. Although i may stick with mouse keyboard. Probaly better accuracy.

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

I'm waiting for a throttle and flight stick set with the magnetic sensor technology that this has www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx

I heard it is realy acturate from a post on JGE forums.

• OnAdayPassOnAdayPass Member Posts: 5

Are there any joysticks with a multi-stage trigger.It be cool if u could control say your light weapons with half a pull and add heavy weapons with a full pull.

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by OnAdayPass

Are there any joysticks with a multi-stage trigger.It be cool if u could control say your light weapons with half a pull and add heavy weapons with a full pull.

x52