Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too late to start?

BwanaKuuBwanaKuu Member Posts: 146

A bit of an odd story: I bought this game at release, I had been reading about it for awhile and was really excited for the PvP combat.  Then I promptly forgot about it, I think another game must have taken over my life.  Well, cleaning out some stuff today, I found the L2 box.  I figured I might as well try it since I already bought it and have the 30 day trial.

I just wonder if it is even worth playing.  I noticed all the servers have a light population.  Are there still enough people playing this game that I can group up and get involved in the PvP stuff eventually?  Also, I know it has a very bad grind, so will it even be realistic for me to catch up to the higher level people who are PvPing?  And where should I go to make the grind as quick as possible?  I have a lvl 9 human fighter right now and so far the leveling has been very quick, but I know they changed the early game so that it goes by faster.  Also, when will I be able to start grouping?

Final question: I know Aion is coming out in a few months, is that going to kill this game off completely?  I know there are still people playing the original Lineage, but I feel like I might just end up grinding away to get to higher levels to PvP and then have no one to PvP against because they are playing Aion.

Comments

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by BwanaKuu

A bit of an odd story: I bought this game at release, I had been reading about it for awhile and was really excited for the PvP combat.  Then I promptly forgot about it, I think another game must have taken over my life.  Well, cleaning out some stuff today, I found the L2 box.  I figured I might as well try it since I already bought it and have the 30 day trial.
    I just wonder if it is even worth playing.  I noticed all the servers have a light population.  Are there still enough people playing this game that I can group up and get involved in the PvP stuff eventually?  Also, I know it has a very bad grind, so will it even be realistic for me to catch up to the higher level people who are PvPing?  And where should I go to make the grind as quick as possible?  I have a lvl 9 human fighter right now and so far the leveling has been very quick, but I know they changed the early game so that it goes by faster.  Also, when will I be able to start grouping?

Final question: I know Aion is coming out in a few months, is that going to kill this game off completely?  I know there are still people playing the original Lineage, but I feel like I might just end up grinding away to get to higher levels to PvP and then have no one to PvP against because they are playing Aion.

Yes you can manage to get to higher levels for pvp, but it will take a long time. There is plenty of people to pvp and gank if that is you leasure even if the servers say "light".

And last no Aion will not kill Lineage2 sure some will leave for it but basicly Lineage2 is a game for it self and will not die. I will play Aion as  I tried the China OB and liked it alot, but I will not stop playing linege2 for that.

PS. I dont know what this is but in a small update coming from Korea called Gracia+ they are saying they are gonna make leveling easier, no clue what that is but just wanted you to know.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

btw I forgot.

TIP: Do only what the Newbie guide tells you to do and return to him after to get new tips, then you be lvl 20 in 2h :)

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

they have added vitality system, this is a "rested bonus" for xp while offline or hunting raid mobs. that makes you earn more xp and yes then leveling easier

u have also buff support from npc till lvl 62 now..

i agree , i play l2 and aion, and i will not quit l2 for aion, i will try to play both, playing aion in china release atm .. they are two different games, aion gets closer to l2 once u play abyss, but they are too different

in my opinion, yes, is too late to start

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Join Phoenix server. Its the most populated of the US servers. As for Aion I tried it and its a great game that I see being very succesful but its not Lineage 2. I am not leaving Lineage 2 for Aion either.