Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To login or not?

So I been playing for the last week or so and have managed to get myself a lvl 12 skinshifter.   I like the game for the most part, but it seems like I'm running around ALOT for this lvl.  Quests I have been doing lately are ones that just have you running back and forth between different zones.  I would expect this maybe at later lvls for higher lvl quests possibly epics or whatever, but it seems a bit excessive considering the low lvl.  Also, the quest system could maybe use some work.  Maybe a better way to track quests, ie.. what city did I get it in?, what npc did I get it from? , or maybe a X, Y location.   Maybe re-do the quest journal to be able to sort them by city, zone or whatever.  Some quests contain the info and are easy to figure out, but others don't and I find myself often not being able to recall where I even picked some of the quests up.   Player quest sharing is also another possible feature to look at.  Overall the quest system as is, is gonna do it for some and not so much for others, alot of players have become accustomed to an arrow to show them the way :P .  Those are just a few thoughts from a new  player that I thought I would share. 

Currently Playing: Toying around with AoC and bored with Darkfall

Thinking of Playing: Fallen Earth or Darkfall after this months update.

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

Comments

• TheHistorianTheHistorian Member Posts: 30

An update to the quest tracking is planned, but there is no timeline for it being in game.

• VegaaVegaa Member Posts: 34

I actually like how the quests cause to you be actively engaged in them :) Actually having to read the quests and then having to find the place on your map based on what the instructions tell you, without markers or way points, causes you to become immersed into the storyline of the game. Which is awesome:) The quests don’t seem at all like a grind and are pretty fun imo.

I think if you take the play attitude of many other mmo's, where you just mindlessly skip over the quests, don’t read them and are just interested in getting to the next level/ability/etc, you will definitely hate this game.

• MinoziMinozi Member Posts: 49

If you dont remember where you got a quest, (or maybe even where you have to go :) ) theres a site created by the community (Hinx): the spellborn database

http://spellborndb.fieses.net/

It shows you where you started a quest, what the quest description is, what all the locations of all the npcs are (even the moving ones) interactable objects, locations of resources and more :)

and it keeps getting updated!

So if you really need help with a quest, you can check there (just know that its more fun if you first try to solve a quest on your own instead of location every npc on the db.. )

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

As to the running, then it depends a lot on what lvl you are. For example lvl 11 to 15 has a LOT of running, then you have very little from 16 to around 27-28 where it starts again but in the early to middle thirties there is less running because of new shardship ports that open up.

As a skinshifter you can get around very fast in your wolf form when you combine it with a good PeP so it shouldnt be so bad for you.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• AganazerAganazer Member Posts: 1,319

There is a lot of running around, but not much more than most games. Long travel times are very common in MMOG's. I don't think it takes that much longer to get somewhere in TCoS than it does in WoW or LotRO.

You should also have a good idea of where to go based on quest text and a little exploring. It does take some effort and you'll need to be aware of the names of areas on the map. The result of the extra effort is that you'll feel more involved in the story and you'll get a better sense of accomplishment. Unfortunately, games with map markers for objectives don't have any way to get the player involved in the story. Its too easy to click through all the text and race to the objective with no idea of what you're doing.

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

I don't think there is any more running in TCoS that a lot of other MMOs. I remember my first character in WOW, a night elf, I must have run up and down that road in Darkshore about a thousand times... lol