Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone up for starting new characters together?

rellorello Member Posts: 186

I think it would be funner to start some new characters fresh and jjust level up , id do it with some friends but none of them show any interest in final fantasy XI, this would probably make the grouping easier and the game a bit more fun, any new comers or veterans interested? Im new to final fantasy xi i tried it near when it first came out but i just didnt have the time. However now that i have more time and am bored with games like WoW im thinking of picking up this game again .

Comments

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776
    Originally posted by rello

I think it would be funner to start some new characters fresh and jjust level up , id do it with some friends but none of them show any interest in final fantasy XI, this would probably make the grouping easier and the game a bit more fun, any new comers or veterans interested? Im new to final fantasy xi i tried it near when it first came out but i just didnt have the time. However now that i have more time and am bored with games like WoW im thinking of picking up this game again .

Welcome back from the dark side. It is always good to have people who are your friends play this game, it is unfortunate that none want to give it a shot. There is the free trail out there. If you wanted you could try to convince them to give it a try for 14 days, you might net a few of them.

One of the best parts about FFXI is that you don't need to restart a character. Each character can play 20 differnet jobs and interchange them easily (thus eliminating the need to have multiple characters). Also they have a new Level Sync system where you at level 70 can sync down your level to 10 and play with your friends and gain exp. There is little need to make a new character unless you wanted the thrills of starting with 50 gil and trying to make it in the world again. There are a few people on these boards who have recently started new characters however and I'm sure they will be giving you a welcome and suggesting you join them on their server.

Have fun, make sure you use that trial to get your friends in, and more fun ... not funner.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Have a bunch of new people starting on my server, Kujata. If you choose to go there, let me know. Already been meeting a lot of newbies to help out.

Like Icon said, just see if they will start the trial. The only thing it will cost them is time. Also, it's true that it only makes the game more fun with RL friends and such. It's already great as is.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• bassecbassec Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by ic0n67

Welcome back from the dark side. It is always good to have people who are your friends play this game, it is unfortunate that none want to give it a shot. There is the free trail out there. If you wanted you could try to convince them to give it a try for 14 days, you might net a few of them.

One of the best parts about FFXI is that you don't need to restart a character. Each character can play 20 differnet jobs and interchange them easily (thus eliminating the need to have multiple characters). Also they have a new Level Sync system where you at level 70 can sync down your level to 10 and play with your friends and gain exp. There is little need to make a new character unless you wanted the thrills of starting with 50 gil and trying to make it in the world again. There are a few people on these boards who have recently started new characters however and I'm sure they will be giving you a welcome and suggesting you join them on their server.

Have fun, make sure you use that trial to get your friends in, and more fun ... not funner.

It's free "trial", not free "trail."

Just saying. :)

Originally posted by bassec

It's free "trial", not free "trail."

Just saying. :)

wow if that is my only mistake I'm gonna play my win card on life.

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by ic0n67

wow if that is my only mistake I'm gonna play my win card on life.

Hehe.

I have recently started new on Kujata as well, definitely recommend it, great server so far and cant see it getting bad anytime soon. Everyone has been great that I have spoke with, and have seen plenty of new players and vets leveling new jobs.

Nonoshono is my ingame name (Nono for short), feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat or whatever. Mostly grinding out my first ten levels at the moment, having a blast.

• rellorello Member Posts: 186

ive made a character on Kujata aswell my character name is Rello, feel free to message me aswell. Im a RDM btw.

• FortunatoFortunato Member UncommonPosts: 1

I also recently started on Kujata. Name is Zephia. Lvl 7 thief. Just trying to figure out the game atm. First time playing. Having a lot of fun so far. Looking forward to when people start grouping. (solo is bleh.)

cripes I might have to start a character on Kujata if this keeps up

• OnizukaOnizuka Member UncommonPosts: 13

Decided to come back after a while with a fresh start and my roommate and I decided to go to Fenrir (on a whim) I dunno if it was  a good choice or not. The economy seems a bit bad (but it looks like that's the case with the lower lvls with not enough low lvl gear being supplied and the ones that are cost a bit) and people tend to keep to themselves. 13 RDM and I'm hanging around Konschtat while waiting for a Dunes party at the time of this writing.

Does Kujata have a decent economy and if I make a new char there could someone hook me up with a LS? I don't mind making a new char since getting the lower lvls is so much easier now. I just want to have a group of people to chat and help. It's usually the people that keep me playing in any MMO heh.

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu

• 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

I think i might roll on that server with everyone, ive been having trouble finding a home since leaving WoW, i went back to COH for a bit but hated the auto 50 system ( cought AE), iam trying out LOTRO and it seems fun but i dont think it will stick, i played FFIX about 5yrs ago and it was my first MMO i got my rdm/blm to lvl 63...i dont even think the bank that i used for my credit card is still around. iam gonna sign up for the trial tomorrow sometime, cya  

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth