Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Questions from a Gamer

2»

Comments

• QuickbladesQuickblades Member Posts: 5

What you're describing sounds exactly like any single-player RPG ever made.  Maybe the MMO part just isn't for you?

Go play KOTOR or KOTOR 2 if that's what you want.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Originally posted by Niccolado

I got a question, and I guess it wont be answered, but Ill ask it anyway:

I played SWG for 3 years. In the time before the devestating NGE the gane was fairly well. Will this game be like SWG: Nge from the start? I am then thikning about the new stupid controlsettings the NGE ruined for the game. The limitations of the classes, making jedi standard, absolutely ruining the playerrun market etc etc etc etc et.........
    Will we be able to have a merchant class? and fullblown crafter class? Can we have our own shops we can decorate? What about the social aspect? I would like to remind you that Age of Conan was a superb game graphic wise, but it still fell from its height. Mainly because of the shallowness of gameplay!
    Got more questions too, but these are the most important atm. Hope you can answer them fully!

Thx.

I can answer your questions easily, no SW:TOR will be absolutely NOTHING like SWG.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

People are expecting too much from Bioware imo.

I'm expecting a solid themepark.

If you think TOR will have crafting classes and Open Ended type ffa pvp your going to be very, very upset when this game releases.

Also if you think people won't just burn through TOR's content and be sitting on their hands waiting for a another buyable game pack you're kidding yourself.

Not one MMO themepark has been able to keep players entertained at Endgame unless they added a major gear trend mill.

I would rather the content just end so I can play through a totally new story with a new class than be stuck in a required pve grind.

I have no problems unsubbing for a couple months and coming back for the new content.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• JeyhuJeyhu Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Niccolado

I got a question, and I guess it wont be answered, but Ill ask it anyway:

I played SWG for 3 years. In the time before the devestating NGE the gane was fairly well. Will this game be like SWG: Nge from the start? I am then thikning about the new stupid controlsettings the NGE ruined for the game. The limitations of the classes, making jedi standard, absolutely ruining the playerrun market etc etc etc etc et.........
    Will we be able to have a merchant class? and fullblown crafter class? Can we have our own shops we can decorate? What about the social aspect? I would like to remind you that Age of Conan was a superb game graphic wise, but it still fell from its height. Mainly because of the shallowness of gameplay!
    Got more questions too, but these are the most important atm. Hope you can answer them fully!

Thx.

Graphics don't make gameplay, although they can enhance it. Anyways I played SWG from launch (day 2 cause of server crash) up basically to the NGE with a few breaks in between. The NGE was a complete abomination and here is why:

SOE lied to their customers - I was a Squad Leader and was promised a revamp for 2 years, got one and then got destroyed.

NGE Systems were very alpha - It's been said that the NGE started shortly after the bad receiving of the CU. The FPS type of combat COULD have worked if there was proper physics. They said it was going to be hiding behind things and have jumping which never happened because SWG's engine doesn't have a Z axis, and it's too shitty of an engine to make that work.

New Player Experience - This is where I will say the NGE at least attempted something right. In the original versions, you were left with a weapon and a melon. A lot of players were lost and probably quit because the learning curve was hard. Although I think it was a bit cheesy at least it was a bit better then the original tutorial.

Community - This is the #1 best thing about SWG. If it wasn't for the community, I would have left many times and never returned. I still game or talk with a lot of friends on met on my server. Hopefully SWTOR will do this with having cantinas in the game where you can gamble and other social activities.

They reduced professions to cookie cutter, everyone of a class was the same, a lot of classes even had identical abilities - Probably SOE's poor attempt at balancing, yes it helps, but no class is unique and boring combat.

About the Merchant / Full Crafting class - A very cool aspect of SWG I will add, however, in SWTOR this isn't happening, and it's been stated that this isn't SWG2 and it is a very combat focused game. IF you don't like that go back to SWG.