Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2: The New Player Experience

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Lineage II Correspondent Chris Sides writes this article updating our readers on the state of Lineage II's New Player Experience.

Since 2003, the new player experience in Lineage II ha matured to make it extremely friendly for new players and those that want to rapidly build and level new characters.

When you start a new character, you can get a series of buffs from various NPCs to increase your power and stats. All sorts of NPCs are available as Adventure Guides, telling you what quests are generally available, and where. Characters that are under level ten suffer no experience or chance of losing an item when they die, and actually get new soulbound weapons when a character reaches level six and 20. Decent potions drop much more frequently in the new player hunting zones as well.

Read The New Player Experience

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Great article that covers alot of the changes that Lineage has gotten.

• nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150

You absolutely CANNOT get to a high lvl in one month. 

The entire game is based off of you having gotten to lvl 78+ MULTIPLE times, as you accrue benefits for doing that, as well as being able to enchant your skills.  To be competitive in any pvp situation / sieging, you need to be max level.  You will not be max level unless you burn at least a year leveling up.

You might reach lvl 66 in one month, but after that be prepared for investing at least a year into a game that has already been out for quite some time.  You also might not want to invest that amount of time once you realize that most players are not actually "playing," they are using a program to do it for them.

• XruxXrux Member UncommonPosts: 134

Yes but... you can have fun with it while waiting for xxx game

If you get a group to play then its fun to adventure together. Its fun game and looks still cool . Lots of classes race combo.

Solo mania yes for a motnh but then need a clan

That is still the trouble that holds me back to return lol even start from 0 on talking island or so...

Have no fear, Xru is here.

Originally posted by nastilon

You absolutely CANNOT get to a high lvl in one month. 

The entire game is based off of you having gotten to lvl 78+ MULTIPLE times, as you accrue benefits for doing that, as well as being able to enchant your skills.  To be competitive in any pvp situation / sieging, you need to be max level.  You will not be max level unless you burn at least a year leveling up.

You might reach lvl 66 in one month, but after that be prepared for investing at least a year into a game that has already been out for quite some time.  You also might not want to invest that amount of time once you realize that most players are not actually "playing," they are using a program to do it for them.

Again, a person who is talking about the game and has no idea how the game is. I am curretly LV 73 and it took me about 6 months. I could easily be S Grade but I work during the week so I can only play an hour or 2 when I get home and I also play a couple of alt toons. What he is saying is that when you reach A Grade you can actually contribute to things like Fortress and Castle Sieges. Everybody starts around A Grade, I myself started around A Grade. Saying you need to be max level to compete in Sieges is just plain silly. We have won plenty of Sieges and nobody in your alliance is LV 80+. Every update the game gets eaiser. Now you dont even have to level up a Subclass to become Nobleless. You are just another person who is too worried about end game instead of just enjoying playing the game. Why do you people make these negative post trying to convince people not to play this game?

Nice post. I really like to get back

are there still return keys for 15 days avaible for those who want to come back and peak first?

Hope lineage 3 will coem one day... as i read about AION its not the game i waiting for nut definlty will be in..

There is return event going on now for return players. All accounts have been reactived till May 11.

yes thanks

i also see new offer for 6 months + 1free and 12 months +2 free

ok i come back

• Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

What server do you all play on?  I'm thinking of giving L2 another try.

Currently Playing: Aion
    Trying Out:
    Retired: The Chronicles of Spellborn, EvE, LotRo, WoW, VG, AoC, CoX, RO
    Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.
    Working On: The 5th Dimension (coming soon)

lol ..problem is my accoutn was made in 2004 .. somehow i cannot acces this return home program ... i am in debate with support over this ...lol they need answers on certain questions i donot have anymore ..i mean it was beta and right after beta i started retail lol... so i am still not eligible .. dont know what server i goto but 11th mai is soon i think.. just want to try it before rebuy game cards lol ...dont want to be alone surrounded by bots the firts months

• JoloJolo Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by Fa+e

What server do you all play on?  I'm thinking of giving L2 another try.

Franz. Welcome to join us!

Would like to make a correction. Just started to play L2 yesterday as old L2 vet. The game has gotten "easier" yes, but it is still a hardcore grind so if you think you're gonna get easy you won't. Its great fun tbh so everyone should atleast try the trial.

Well I had PLANNED to try it out, but when I tried to activate my trial, it said that the trial was expired, but I know I've never used it...so I suppose I won't be trying it out.

Trying Out:
    Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.

Well I had PLANNED to try it out, but when I tried to activate my trial, it said that the trial was expired, but I know I've never used it...so I suppose I won't be trying it out.

Thats too bad. Anyways you can give me your email and i'll try and send you a referral code :)

I JUST got one yesterday, but thank you very much Jolo =)

Trying Out:

I JUST got one yesterday, but thank you very much Jolo =)

Alright, hope you enjoy ;)