Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roma Victor Latest Updates

AmhasAmhas Member Posts: 2

9th April 2009

Some content was patched out today in preparation for imminent related changes. We have included fixes for:

• arena_a - removed convex sand floor
  • haystack - fixed some LOD issues
  • tent8_goatskin - updated collision mesh and fixed room volume
  • roundhouses - updated roof texture

New items added:

• amphora_a_wet
  • amphora_c_wet
  • amphora_d_wet
  • arena_b - new barbarian training grounds
  • barb_bed - quest-related item
  • barb_chair - quest-related item
  • barb_chest_iron - quest-related item
  • barb_chest_ivory - quest-related item
  • barb_chest_wood_red - quest-related item
  • barb_sculpture_a - quest-related item
  • barb_sculpture_b - quest-related item
  • barb_table - quest-related item
  • barb_wicker_basket_a - quest-related item
  • barb_wicker_basket_b - quest-related item
  • boiled_beef
  • boiled_chicken
  • boiled_fish
  • boiled_pork
  • broth_beef
  • broth_chicken
  • broth_fish
  • broth_pork
  • burger
  • cabbage
  • carcass_pig
  • egg
  • fat
  • fruits_mixed
  • lettuce
  • onion
  • parsnip
  • roast_beef
  • roast_beef_vegetables
  • roast_chicken
  • roast_chicken_vegetables
  • roast_fish_vegetables
  • roast_pork
  • roast_pork_vegetables
  • roman_chest_bronze - quest-related item
  • roman_chest_gold - quest-related item
  • roman_chest_silver - quest-related item
  • roman_statue_jupiter - quest-related item
  • roman_vase_a - quest-related item
  • roman_vase_b - quest-related item
  • salad
  • turnip

Many of these new items will remain inaccessible until provisions have been made for foraging, crafting or obtaining them by other means.

-KFR

28th April 2009

• Added new object labels
  • Implemented the breeding of livestock
  • Implemented new diet system

Labels

Most classes of object have now been given user-friendly labels instead of their class names. These are now used in crafting and construction. It is still possible to construct a project using its classname instead of label. Many labels have a secondary label providing further distinction where necessary. A list of classnames and their respective labels will be available soon.

Keeping and breeding livestock

The livestock breeding mechanism is now implemented and will become fully useable very soon when the livestock prices are added.

- Players will be able to purchase livestock directly from Agents.

- You will be able to buy chickens, cows, pigs and goats. These animals will appear in your household list much as hired NPC's do when stood down.

- You will only be able to summon your livestock in a pen that you own.

- Summoning livestock will take 10 game minutes. Standing down will take 30 game minutes.

- You can not mix livestock species in a pen and expect them to breed.

- Once you summon your livestock they will be limited to roaming around your pen.

- If you attack your livestock you will lose ownership and distress the animal. You will then need to feed it, gaining ownership again based on your handling-domestic skill.

- It will not be possible to set your pen private.

- You can not get handling-domestic improvements from feeding a penned animal.

- Once a game day there will be a chance of your animals reproducing.

- The number of animals (of the same breed) determines the chances of reproduction occurring. Pens can not contain more than five animals.

- If there are any objects apart from players or the animals inside the pen, the chances of breeding are reduced for each extra object. Your animals will poo inside the pen just like they do in the wild. Pens are therefore an excellent way of building up dung supplies, collecting eggs and/or fletchings.

- You must muck out your pen each day to maximise chances of any animals inside reproducing and doing so will improve your livestock farming skill (up to once per game day). This simply involves removing all objects, including dung etc.

- As your livestock skill increases it will have an increasingly positive effect on the chances of animals successfully breeding.

The new diet system

-Food can be used to heal certain attributes faster or to buff existing attributes.

-Players will be able to eat up to 3 pieces of food depending on how hungry they have become.

-It is not possible to eat if your vigour is less than 50.

-Drinking water when thirsty now boosts vigour instead.

-Eating no longer boosts vigour.

-Buffs decay by one point per real minute.

-High quality well prepared foods may directly raise strength, shape or fitness.

-Wounds now recover at one point or more per real minute depending on where they are (guildhall, bathhouse etc).

-Major increases have been made to the effect of wound treatment - new physicians and doctors are encouraged to experiment.

Recently implemented craftables:

• salad
  • fruits_mixed
  • boiled_fish
  • broth_fish
  • roast_fish_vegetables
  • boiled_egg
  • meat_chicken
  • boiled_chicken
  • broth_chicken
  • roast_chicken
  • roast_chicken_vegetables
  • bench_cooking_a

Recently implemented growables:

• cabbage
  • lettuce
  • onion
  • parsnip
  • turnip

These growables behave in the same way as existing growables. e.g. drop seeds_cabbage outside on good land, tend regularly as necessary and harvest cabbages when the patch is mature. The first seeds will be introduced to the game world shortly.

Additionally, all three types of dishes can now be washed (repaired) at the cooking bench with water.

-KFR

30th April 2009

• mound_dung is now craftable
  • grill_a has been moved to the stove branch and made deployable
  • Cows can be milked by using a bucket_a. Query the bucket in your inventory while standing in a pen containing at least two cows.

-KFR

Comments

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

I thought this game died

• bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429
    Originally posted by Amhas

30th April 2009

mound_dung is now craftable
    grill_a has been moved to the stove branch and made deployable
    Cows can be milked by using a bucket_a. Query the bucket in your inventory while standing in a pen containing at least two cows.

-KFR

You can craft a mound of dung?  What would you do with it?  Is there a hand_wash skill that you can use when you get done?

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

-mound_dung is now craftable

Of all the things I have ever seen in an MMO patch notes, that one has to win several awards.

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by bmdevine

30th April 2009

Cows can be milked by using a bucket_a. Query the bucket in your inventory while standing in a pen containing at least two cows.

-KFR

You can craft a mound of dung?  What would you do with it?  Is there a hand_wash skill that you can use when you get done?

LOL!

Actually, besides being used to fertilize soil for farming, dung is used in the process of tanning of goat hides.  As a leatherworker, normally I would store dung in hand carts that I could set to private to prevent theft.  Now I can apparently just build mounds on the ground as we do with other resources and set the mound to private.  This frees up a couple carts I can now use for other things - like storing vegetables.  :-)

And no, Roma Victor is not dead.  It has a low population but RedBedLam's costs are also low (volunteer development team) so it's only dead when RB decides to turn off the server.  With so many updates rolled in this week, more promised in the near future, and people added to the development team, seems that server will be staying on quite a bit longer.

• commanderjimcommanderjim Member UncommonPosts: 40

Some nice updates indeed.

Commander Jim

Were all living on knife's edge when will you fall off?

Originally posted by Kemarik

30th April 2009

-KFR

LOL!

Actually, besides being used to fertilize soil for farming, dung is used in the process of tanning of goat hides.  As a leatherworker, normally I would store dung in hand carts that I could set to private to prevent theft.  Now I can apparently just build mounds on the ground as we do with other resources and set the mound to private.  This frees up a couple carts I can now use for other things - like storing vegetables.  :-)

And no, Roma Victor is not dead.  It has a low population but RedBedLam's costs are also low (volunteer development team) so it's only dead when RB decides to turn off the server.  With so many updates rolled in this week, more promised in the near future, and people added to the development team, seems that server will be staying on quite a bit longer.

So is it a decent game, or just a mound_dung crafted by the developers?  I've heard mixed reviews.  It definitely sounds like they've approached crafting a little differently than some games.

To be honest i'm not much of a crafter in game but, the cradfting system is probably the most in depth than any other MMO out there. The thing that puts people off is the steep learning curve, the graphics and the sometimes painfully slow development. But the latter is getting better and updates seem to be coming faster.

There is a free trial out, hopefully before the end of the month where you on trial islands. Definetly worth checking out when it does.

Commander Jim

• MarkerMarker Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by commanderjim

To be honest i'm not much of a crafter in game but, the cradfting system is probably the most in depth than any other MMO out there. The thing that puts people off is the steep learning curve, the graphics and the sometimes painfully slow development. But the latter is getting better and updates seem to be coming faster.

There is a free trial out, hopefully before the end of the month where you on trial islands. Definetly worth checking out when it does.

Wrong. The best game for crafters Is wurmonline. There u have a chance to avoid pvp in starting server and if u like just to craft,u craft, and sell products. i recomand www.wurmonline.com

Roma victor besides his slownes in developing( i logged in each 2 month to not lose my piles but didnt played ) after 6 month i logged to play. and just when they added some crafting items in game.

If u look at the bright side those should have been in game from the release in 2006. Besides huge loads of bugs and exploits that are used by players.

The knowb bug for all devs and player base is Building bug, where all buildings on a board disapear. thing is if u have guards labourers merchants in those buildings and the atacker use this buug u can lose everything, for a bug known by all. And used by all.

Beyond slownes of developing and low population ofthe game server ( i dont think i ever see onsame board more then 30 peoples same times) some members of community are a pain in the .....

Another minus of this game is u dont have trial period. U buy and lose money cause from what i know refunds took ages until u receive back.

Who want to try it go ahead but im just stuck inside and i wont quit cause i payed for this junk. Like others did and remain trapped.

I leave a trace in your life

Originally posted by Marker  Originally posted by commanderjim

Wrong. The best game for crafters Is wurmonline. There u have a chance to avoid pvp in starting server and if u like just to craft,u craft, and sell products. i recomand www.wurmonline.com

<edited>

Who want to try it go ahead but im just stuck inside and i wont quit cause i payed for this junk. Like others did and remain trapped.

But can you craft piles of dung in Wurm???

Originally posted by Marker  Originally posted by commanderjim

<edited>

But can you craft piles of dung in Wurm???

i havent tryied. but i think u can since an add says they added flies to that mound.

1.Fix for building bug coming out this month. Along with other fixes for long standing bugs. e.g launchpad bug

2. Not freely exploited by all, very wrong, this game does not attract the hackers and cheaters and glitchers. The ones in the past are now banned. To be fair Marker you took a break from the game and with your RV forum ban and have missed a bit of what has happened more recently.

3. Trial Islands coming out within this month.

4. If you want to craft in absolute safety without fear of attack or just crafting goods for the sake of it. This is not the game for you. The game developer admitted in the past that WURMonline was an influence in this game and I'm told that the two games save many similarities.

5. Just pointing this out , that RV is well known for having one of the best MMO communities out there. Marker again I know you personally have had alot of backlash from the Erring community recently, mainly because of your rudeness and often arrogance. You also have many enemies both north and south of the wall. I admit to more recently having my own disagreement with you which ended in bloddshed and is now finished. Community is the best part of this game. Even ask any of the vets who have moved on and they will tell you the same.

Commander Jim

"Community is the best part of this game. Even ask any of the vets who have moved on and they will tell you the same."

Indeed. Many of vets move along to other games.

And i do have enemies both north and south but i do have lots of friends also. but thats not a big point. Point is graphical this game is just a level of 1997 rofl while others have improved. and the main problem of the game is DEV team who dont want community help . i stated many times i can make models better then they have in game but they passed. I told without charging and they skiped again. Well only in graphical part i can help but i was ignored. WHen u ignore some1 who wanna help u or ban some1 like Mrddt a tester well nothing is to speak more.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    5. ..... Even ask any of the vets who have moved on and they will tell you the same.

sorry CJ, been far to long to remember who you are....idk if you remember me :-P

I came into RV a few months before pre-launch and loved it. The community was tight and everyone kne each other. Then it started to get big and people came in and honestly, I didn't like that, it wasn't close any more.

I left for my own reasons around fall of 07, won't get into that.

RV really does have a very close knit community where everyone knows everyone, this alone makes it amazing and gave it a very nice experiance

I was around pre-launch briefly, but i was one of the ones who played for a day and really couldnt get into it. I only really found my feet when i returned in november last year and am loving it now. I know in the barb community everyone knows everyone. Real good atomosphere around towns like Erring. Marker I know the graphics arent the best but they aren't horrendous either. Also the type of player who plays RV does not play for the graphics.

The nice thing is we always get the vets who have moved onto DFO etc come back and check it otu again whenever e updates are in. Thats what is so reat about it. Pay £10 and play for life :D

So virtus your in game name was virtus was it? Mine is Watson. Unlikely you would remember me either. :D

Commander Jim

Tell u what. The first imoresion on a game is made by graphics. And u know it very well. Ive seend better graphics in other games and peoples didnt like it and quit playing. Ideea is crafting system isnt fully implemented the game is filled with bugs and one of them have more then 2 years by now (building bug). On community ill just say No comment.

People whoa re that worried about graphics wouldnt go near the game after looking at the screenshots. It's RV's gameplay that keeps people.

Commander Jim

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

People whoa re that worried about graphics wouldnt go near the game after looking at the screenshots. It's RV's gameplay that keeps people.

Indeed.

Yeah CJ if you look in hte character stats page I still exist there. Most of HV will remember me, and some of the barbs. Used to be with Hosue Cornelius, but it slowly colapsed after Favonious left.

HV are still going strong and I have heard of HC before. I went and jonied TdB up north.

Commander Jim

• CaptAntillusCaptAntillus Member Posts: 58

"30th April 2009

mound_dung is now craftable "

Oh, my sweet Lord....my dream came true...I can finally craft a mound of dung in a game...