Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

catastrophic failure

So I downloaded the trial but I can't get it to install.  It gets about 70% then says "catastrophic failure" and crashes.   I did the logical thing and went to their forums for help, but found none there.  I actually found tons of posts from people with the same problem, but the FLS people that responded weren't helpful at all.  They didn't even attempt to come up with a solution other than, download the station launcher and install from there... which means re-downloading all the files.  The setup was broken up in to 5 files.. it would be nice to know which one was bad and just download it again.

I'm so frustrated now that I don't even want to bother with it.  I can't imagine dealing with devs that won't even help people get the game installed.  No wonder this game itself was a "catastrophic failure".  :(

Comments

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

and thats through the station launcher?

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

No, it's a direct download.  I spent the last 3 days downloading the 2 gig files one a night.  There are three 2 gig files, and two small files you download.  It's about 6 and a half gig all together.  The station launcher wants to download all the files again... which isn't something I am willing to do.  I just want to know which of the 5 files I already downloaded is bad.

• bachuus13bachuus13 Member Posts: 7

I'm having this problem too did anyone come up with a way to fix it?

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

I have no idea man...uhh try downloading it off fileplanet? heh

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Salvatoris

No, it's a direct download.  I spent the last 3 days downloading the 2 gig files one a night.  There are three 2 gig files, and two small files you download.  It's about 6 and a half gig all together.  The station launcher wants to download all the files again... which isn't something I am willing to do.  I just want to know which of the 5 files I already downloaded is bad.

The chances of a packet corruption of some file some where is high if it took you 3 days...  Hate to say this but you may have to reinstall and start from scratch.

:(

good luck.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

One of the three files was bad, but since I couldn't find out which one it was, I decided to just skip it rather than download them all again. 

Each file only took a few hours to download at T1 speed.  I share the line with two customers of the ISP I work for, so I try to keep large downloads limited to times they aren't on.  This is really why I don't want to have to download the whole game through the station launcher.  Unless I use a download manager, it eats up all the incoming bandwidth.