Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pet Trainer Class but No pet ?

LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Ughhh.. I took the pet trainer class tutorial but then I discovered you have to buy your pet from the cash shop for $2.50. They should at least give you a free pet. Bad marketing sony.

Comments

• Slashed316Slashed316 Member UncommonPosts: 151

well it is sony so why are you surprised?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I kind of agree

owning a pet is cheaper than being a member

but may as well make Pet Trainer a member class

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Sony fail in cash shop marketing 101. They should give a pet as a freebie since the bigger seller are the pet accessories. Without a pet, the pet trainer class is pretty much useless. People aren't really gonna spend $2.50 on their own just to "try" the class.

• kingbloopkingbloop Member Posts: 180

Havent tried to use a trial pet yet, as they had that in beta, you click on a pet choose trial and you can train the pet to lvl up your pet trainer class.

• TomTrixxTomTrixx Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by kingbloop

Havent tried to use a trial pet yet, as they had that in beta, you click on a pet choose trial and you can train the pet to lvl up your pet trainer class.

DIdn't play in beta, but now you get to borrow the pet for 20 min as a trial pet, and can practice training it but it doesnt count towards leveling your pet trainer job. To level your pet trainer job you have to own a pet.

• LivettLivett Member Posts: 126

It's pretty good imo.

People WILL pay for pets.

I'm all for making money in this world, so well done SOE.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

I paid for a pet.

I don't think the big draw is going to be the pet items.  At least it's not what got me. 

It was seeing the pets following other people around, seeing that the pets actually have behavior, and interact with other pets that got me.

Then I saw that you could get cyborg parts.

Then I named my dog Mr. Max and gave him cyborg legs and a cyborg body.

Then I discovered my dog was a girl. 

And she's a lazy bastard.  Everytime I turn around she's sleeping.

• kingbloopkingbloop Member Posts: 180

Ah so only 20 minutes and it dont count now? that sucks. well pets in the game give you a movement speed increase after completing a quest. so there is one perk, my fav is that they will randomly but rarely pee on people.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

You can level your Pet Trainer without owning a pet but for a few bucks you can get a permanent one.

Here is my pup Bandit in his adventure gear.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Such a awesome pic! This is why I enjoy this game....it has a way of relaying personality to your pets. I'll be getting one soon too. The minute I saw 2 dogs "speaking" to each other while their masters were turning in quest I was like....now that's personality!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Such a awesome pic! This is why I enjoy this game....it has a way of relaying personality to your pets. I'll be getting one soon too. The minute I saw 2 dogs "speaking" to each other while their masters were turning in quest I was like....now that's personality!

This game grows on you. At first it just seem cartoony but after awhile you start noticing many subtle things like the way dogs interact, that you mentioned. You begin to notice a lot of personality in the game. Even though it is cartoony it seems more alive then many of the top mmos. It would be nice to have a game for adult players with this much personality.

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779
    Originally posted by eccoton

This game grows on you. At first it just seem cartoony but after awhile you start noticing many subtle things like the way dogs interact, that you mentioned. You begin to notice a lot of personality in the game. Even though it is cartoony it seems more alive then many of the top mmos. It would be nice to have a game for adult players with this much personality.

I splurged and purchased a cat.    I trained it up and myself up.. and well my cat tells off the yappy dogs like the little chihauhaus

I'm pretty sure its swearing at them it starts with the *&^$#^@! type stuff as she is really not impressed at the small yappy dogs lol.  

Originally posted by ummax

Originally posted by eccoton

I splurged and purchased a cat.    I trained it up and myself up.. and well my cat tells off the yappy dogs like the little chihauhaus

I'm pretty sure its swearing at them it starts with the *&^$#^@! type stuff as she is really not impressed at the small yappy dogs lol.  

lol yea them cats need a time out they got a bad attitude.