Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Block asian market ??

sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

Since it looks like NC does not want NA/EU market playing the asian release < they say the english patch breaks the rules> will they block the asian market from logging into the NA/EU servers?? i mean since it gives then a full year to learn the game all the tricks , i forsee a lot of gold bots and looks like this would state very well NC gives them time to be ready for the west release.. but if they block them then i see a great release.

Comments

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

I don't think they care if we play the game... just that patch isn't made by them... and isn't complete, either.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

NCsoft doesn't care if you want to take the effort to get into the game or not.  What is the issue is that using the patch is a modification of the game that is not supported by NCsoft, and as such, is illegal.  Not to mention there are people that are using Chinese IDs that do not belong to them which is identity theft and is not a petty crime.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429
    Originally posted by sanedor

Since it looks like NC does not want NA/EU market playing the asian release < they say the english patch breaks the rules> will they block the asian market from logging into the NA/EU servers?? i mean since it gives then a full year to learn the game all the tricks , i forsee a lot of gold bots and looks like this would state very well NC gives them time to be ready for the west release.. but if they block them then i see a great release.

Your question seems to assume that what is in brackets is the result of what precedes it.  I'm not sure that that's a logical conclusion.  From what I understand, the English patch is not an official patch - it's a third party app that violates the game's EULA.  It's not a matter of racism or ethnic or linguistic discrminination. It's simply a matter of the localization in English not being deemed ready for release.

If I'm correct, then the answer to your question is most likely going to be no.  Asians who speak English will likely not need a third party application to translate the English localization into Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or whatever language they happen to speak, and therefore would not be breaking the EULA simply by playing in the NA release.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

Then is seems that we will have very well programmed and bug free bots like Lineage 2 was . yeah for us lineage 2 was almost unplayable for year because of all the bots. but hey atleast gold will be cheap to buy =) since it seems they have no problem with them getting the bots ready for NA/EU release..

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Locklain

NCsoft doesn't care if you want to take the effort to get into the game or not.  What is the issue is that using the patch is a modification of the game that is not supported by NCsoft, and as such, is illegal.  Not to mention there are people that are using Chinese IDs that do not belong to them which is identity theft and is not a petty crime.

What he said. I see no reason why people just can't wait for the NA/EU release like the rest of us.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

go QQ somewhere else please

just go play something else, geez

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by SaintViktor

What he said. I see no reason why people just can't wait for the NA/EU release like the rest of us.

Can we use an NA/EU id number to play , i think not so again i say they do not want us there. Why do NA/EU try and play asian servers maybe because they don't want to wait for a year for the game . shhh, i see np with people wanting to play since all of us are going to have sooooo many < well programmed and bug free BOTS> that hello lineage 2 again . do they care nope they never have bots in NC games are bad < tho i do like most of the games> but it makes them hard to play and they get the ban stick when people try and buy gold or whatever from the bots , but don't care about banning the bots.

Can we use an NA/EU id number to play , i think not so again i say they do not want us there. Why do NA/EU try and play asian servers maybe because they don't want to wait for a year for the game . shhh, i see np with people wanting to play since all of us are going to have sooooo many < well programmed and bug free BOTS> that hello lineage 2 again . do they care nope they never have bots in NC games are bad < tho i do like most of the games> but it makes them hard to play and they get the ban stick when people try and buy gold or whatever from the bots , but don't care about banning the bots.

The ID is not required, however, if you do not have an official Chinese ID your playtime is limited because you would be considered a "Minor" by the government.

You seem to have a bot vendetta. . .perhaps you should try another game and tell me how bot/spammer free they are?

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

ah little sgt frog no like people talking about his games, to bad i can say the truth all i want , you can always try and stop me , good luck with that =)

Umm, what Kermit said!!!

The ID is not required, however, if you do not have an official Chinese ID your playtime is limited because you would be considered a "Minor" by the government.

this is true, and the limits make it unplayable for those that really care.

Five hours a day is unplayable?  If you say so.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand

Five hours a day is unplayable?  If you say so.

and i believe there is a rule about looting too ??? true ??

Insanedor, if you want to care about something, care about yourself and your sanity.  If you think this game is going to have bots that are going to bug you, then don't play it and don't talk about it.  Kermit was right - go qq somewhere else, instead of mindlessly bashing a game that you obviously don't know much about and say you want to play but then contradict yourself and say you aren't going to want to play when it gets localized and available simply because of something that may or may not occur.

5 hours a day might not be enough for someone who has no job and no responsibilities, but it's more than enough by most reasonable standards if you want to maintain any sort of balance between the game and real life.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

and i believe there is a rule about looting too ??? true ??

Yes, your loot is cut in half by 50% once you reach the time limit, as well as your XP rate.

NCSoft has made official statements that they do not mind players from the NA/EU playing the Chinese version of Aion, however, like all other times, we are expected to abide by the TOS and EULA. And to do so we have to not use the English patch. But why? Because the patch isn't official and since the patch isn't official, using it (and modding your game files) breaks the EULA and TOS.

Go play the Chinese version till you drop, you're not breaking any rules. However, when you apply the english patch you are. And when you use a Chinese ID that doesn't belong to you keep in mind that you are breaking the law.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by SgtFrog

ah little sgt frog no like people talking about his games, to bad i can say the truth all i want , you can always try and stop me , good luck with that =)

no, Asians wait years for western mmorpg to come out in Asia, i mean it took lotro two years and same with wow but they didn’t go round screaming like children at having to wait for it, they either played the NA/EU servers with no language mods or just waited.

so in other words play the game in chinese or just wait for the game like everyone else.

QQ

QQ

QQ

QQ

QQ

QQ

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon