Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MMO with great healing classes

CarcerCarcer Member Posts: 23

I am looking for an mmo that I can play through as a healer, from the start.  I play wow but I am afraid if I join I will have to solo through the content to progress and I really don't want to do that.

Comments

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

There are a few games I can think of that have good healer classes.  First there is EQ2.  There are some good healing classes in there, as well as some good hybrid classes that combine healing with things like damage spellcasting or melee (like Paladins).  Vanguard also has a couple good healing classes.  I played a disciple in that game and had a great time with it.  It's like a monk and a cleric rolled into one.  Of course Vanguard isn't known for high populations, so soloing might be necessary sometimes unless you have a good guild.  Age of Conan has some good healers that are also rather different.  You have things like the Bear Shaman, which is a good melee, healer, and even buffer.  There is also the Tempest of Set which is a healer and one hell of a lightning tosser.

All of those games have free trials right now I believe, so you might want to just pop on for a few days and give them a shot...

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

FFXI? Solo content was pretty non-existant from what I remembered and everyone wanted a white mage to group with past lvl 8 or so.

Oh, or Dungeons and Dragons Online, it is a very different playstyle but healers are vital and soloing is pretty obsolete.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Vanguard

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

Too ambigious.  I'm not sure what you think is greally great about healing classes.  Plus, I'm not sure if you're afraid fo soloing or just trying to avoid barren lower level content.

• tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by geldonyetich

Too ambigious.  I'm not sure what you think is greally great about healing classes.  Plus, I'm not sure if you're afraid fo soloing or just trying to avoid barren lower level content.

One and the same thing imo. Most solo friendly games will have empty zones which is a major let down for the newer players. On the other hand I do not agree with games that have forced grouping for advancing your character, one such game that comes to mind is Knight Online. Its been years since i played that but there was zero solo content past the first half dozen levels i think.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Originally posted by Carcer

I am looking for an mmo that I can play through as a healer, from the start.  I play wow but I am afraid if I join I will have to solo through the content to progress and I really don't want to do that.

Are there games that have healers that don't let you play a healer at the start?  Or do you mean something that lets you group right from the start, so that you can just heal and leave the killing to others?